AA7

Jamie Turner (TA High Performance Coach)

2 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

More than likely there would be a settlement with a non-disclosure clause for both sides to avoid any future shit fight in the courts.  Don't like your chances of being told

I didnt say people don't know what happened.  We just havent been told.

Edited by Peter

I (Willie) edited this. A friend of a friend saying something is gossip and we need to steer clear of it in this instance - read as far into this statement as you like though ;)

Edited by willie

24 minutes ago, zed said:

Please see above

And it was specified in his contract that he couldn't do that?

Edited by willie

15 minutes ago, AA7 said:

'Risk to reputation' and 'disrepute' clauses would cover those kinds of things... 

I assume your protecting Jamie's reputation. Not sure TA could get any worse. What ever happened to that Monaro?

32 minutes ago, AA7 said:

Exactly. I think he's been harshly dealt with. 

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

I assume your protecting Jamie's reputation. Not sure TA could get any worse. What ever happened to that Monaro?

I think TA might need to put out a press release... I figured they would've within a few days. Was there ever an end to the Monaro saga? 

I'm not protecting anyone but me with the edit... I'm slowly learning there's some lurkers here from various places to do with stuff and things. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, willie said:

I think TA might need to put out a press release... I figured they would've within a few days. Was there ever an end to the Monaro saga? 

I'm not protecting anyone but me with the edit... I'm slowly learning there's some lurkers here from various places to do with stuff and things. 

:lol: 

Yep. Lots of "important" people like to tell you that no one reads or cares what is put on Transitions until it involves them or their product/ organisation, at which point this place becomes very important to them. (or their lawyers) 

14 minutes ago, willie said:

I think TA might need to put out a press release... I figured they would've within a few days.

Given half the board are Lawyers, you'd assume they are arguing over the wording and then they will give up and hope if goes away.

I wonder where the AGm is this year....

Be a good question to go and ask.

27 minutes ago, Peter said:

Given half the board are Lawyers, you'd assume they are arguing over the wording and then they will give up and hope if goes away.

I wonder where the AGm is this year....

Be a good question to go and ask.

I have thought a bit about becoming a board member at some point (never of TA, but I would if given the opportunity). But hockey is a bit of the shambles at the moment as well and I was giving it some thought. 

How does someone go about becoming part of the comittee/director? 

Seems it was almost the perfect opportunity to engage the membership even though it's not exactly a nice topic. 

The states vote you into the TA board.

So you need to have them onboard.  or a few of them.

Back in the day when I was on the TriNSW committee with OO it was extremely annoying as NT and Canberra and Tassie had the same power as TriNSW and QLD and Vic with next to no members and use 3 with 90% of the members. It was a dumb system.  Prob the same still.

10 minutes ago, willie said:

How does someone go about becoming part of the comittee/director? 

Some wanker years ago (early 2000s) at the TriVic AGM seemed to be at a loss why I was even there when I said I was a member, asked if I was a lawyer or the like and then proceeded to tell me I couldn't be considered for a role on the committee because I wasn't.  Saddest part was I wasn't there seeking a committee role, almost made me put my hand up for it though.  I walked out with the impression it was a closed club that didn't like scrutiny, nothing about the sport has changed that point of view since.

Maybe I should have set up a company that took cash and didn't deliver while using the Trivic email database for spamming, they would have been begging to taken me on then

Yeah ive been to a few agms for ta. 

Nothing. Good there. 

Triathlon should fall under athletics Australia.  

Or what should happen is 

tris swimming and athletics should all be one super organisation. 

All receive government funding.  Either they do it or no more money.