AA7

Jamie Turner (TA High Performance Coach)

Jamie has had his contract terminated by TA because of a breach of his employment. Not sure what though.

I guess that was what Ash Gentle was referring to in social media after her disappointing race in Yokohama on the weekend.

16 minutes ago, Peter said:

He will survive.  

You got the goss?

2 hours ago, Peter said:

Not yet. 

You're slipping.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AA7 said:

You're slipping.

I’m working my real job. For once.  Late nights and all days. Until Sunday. 

8 hours ago, Peter said:

I’m working my real job. For once.  Late nights and all days. Until Sunday. 

Did the coalition win push the housing market that hard Peter?

35 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

No.... he has just been told to 'work harder'........ with no extra pay etc.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

You’d be surprised the amount of people waiting.  Negative gearing to continue.  

Lets start buying again 

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

No.... he has just been told to 'work harder'........ with no extra pay etc.

I own the company. 

#buyersadvocate 

16 hours ago, AA7 said:

Jamie has had his contract terminated by TA because of a breach of his employment. Not sure what though.

I guess that was what Ash Gentle was referring to in social media after her disappointing race in Yokohama on the weekend.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer person. 

Shame so many of his past athletes had to go through so much hell before TA woke up. Have they made an official statement yet or is it heresay?

Edited by Trier

Just now, Trier said:

Shame so many of his past athletes had to go through so much hell before TA woke up.

Never heard of him.  What's his problem?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trier said:

Shame so many of his past athletes had to go through so much hell before TA woke up. Have they made an official statement yet or is it heresay?

Expand?

Just now, Peter said:

Expand?

How many did he coach, how many have left him in recent years? he had the huge Wollongong Wizards squad, of which only one athlete stuck with him, the others are recent additions. That in itself says enough. 

The best coach in the world apparently - https://www.trizone.com.au/20170110/jamie-turner-worlds-best-triathlon-coach/

Thought the toilet role (sic) bit might have been his downfall 😉

“It’s all well and good to look at people’s times and results, but I’m more interested in things like their ability to engage in good habit,” noted Jamie. “Do they choose to put the toilet role on the floor or in the rubbish bin?”

45 minutes ago, Trier said:

Official statement was given to Stef from witsup when she questioned them. She does a weekly wrap up on facebook, she read the statement from TA.

10 hours ago, The Customer said:

no time for a white wine and gossip with the girls, Pete?

He's more of a rosé type of guy.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Peter said:

I own the company. 

Yeah, heard the boss was a real prick 😋

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

Official statement was given to Stef from witsup when she questioned them.

But we want to know the actual story.... :)

12 minutes ago, Tyno said:

But we want to know the actual story.... :)

Don't we all??

Where's Burgs, he'll know......

Apparently he posted something about gays, drunks, adulterers and fornicators going to hell on his insta account..

#istandwithizzy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, pieman said:

Apparently he posted something about gays, drunks, adulterers and fornicators going to hell on his insta account..

#istandwithizzy

Izzy is a wanker....I mean fornicator!!!

2 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Izzy is a wanker....I mean fornicator!!!

Self fornicator?

Cant think of to many more successful coaches in the world then him.... had a charge win an Olympic gold medal... only hand so many of them out, actually they have only handed 10 out so he is one of the top ten tri coaches of all time if the Olympics is the pinnacle of our sport.

He was a tough coach, called my butterfly the moth once in front of everyone in the pool. Comments like that break some people, others thrive on it.   Lol.

He was a tough coach, called my butterfly the moth once in front of everyone in the pool. Comments like that break some people, others thrive on it.   Lol.

If someone is troubled by a statement like that they'll never survive in the real world - I have likened a couple of guys attempts at butterfly to a "spider stuck in the honey" - we all laughed - they stayed - I have had other guys turn at the end of the pool "like a turd turning in the bowl" - again they laughed 

Humour is all about how you deliver it - if someone can't hack that sort of thing they should join a bowls club or a knitting circle  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 25/05/2019 at 6:53 PM, Oompa Loompa said:

Cant think of to many more successful coaches in the world then him.... had a charge win an Olympic gold medal... only hand so many of them out, actually they have only handed 10 out so he is one of the top ten tri coaches of all time if the Olympics is the pinnacle of our sport.

A good coach for 1, but maybe at the detriment to many others. He has had 5 or 6 Aus athletes plus many other nationality athletes walk from his squad in the last few years. That doesn't happen over a joke about swim stroke. Elite Athletes are tough by nature, it takes a lot to break them. We probably will never know all the story. 

Edited by Trier

Just now, Trier said:

A good coach for 1, but maybe at the detriment to many others. He has had 5 or 6 Aus athletes plus many other nationality athletes walk from his squad in the last few years. That doesn't happen over a joke about swim stroke. Elite Athletes are tough by nature, ut takes a lit to break them. We probably will never know all the story. 

All athletes move on eventually.  

Only retards stay with the same coach getting the same results and not improving. 

Look at how many have rolled thru dave Scott or Brett Sutton. 

HEAPS. 

you seem to know something and just to scared to post names and what happened. 

15 minutes ago, Trier said:

A good coach for 1, but maybe at the detriment to many others. He has had 5 or 6 Aus athletes plus many other nationality athletes walk from his squad in the last few years. That doesn't happen over a joke about swim stroke. Elite Athletes are tough by nature, it takes a lot to break them. We probably will never know all the story. 

Do you really think elite athletes are tough by nature in the modern era?   Most I come across are fairly precious and mollycoddled their whole lives and struggle when it doesn't go there way.   

Yes, we will probably never know all the story. 

10 minutes ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Most I come across are fairly precious and mollycoddled their whole lives and struggle when it doesn't go there way

Gal?  :lol:

11 hours ago, Oompa Loompa said:

Do you really think elite athletes are tough by nature in the modern era?   Most I come across are fairly precious and mollycoddled their whole lives and struggle when it doesn't go there way.   

So true

The world is changing, coaching techniques are changing. You do the same thing year in year out you are going to get the same results.

Adapt and overcome or you get left behind. I'm not a fan of Macca but look what he did in Kona. He kept getting smashed on the bike, then couldn't catch them on the run. Sure he looked fresher than the guy who won but he still couldn't catch them.

He formulated a plan, worked on his weakness and then came back to win the next year.

13 hours ago, Peter said:

All athletes move on eventually.  

Only retards stay with the same coach getting the same results and not improving. 

Look at how many have rolled thru dave Scott or Brett Sutton. 

HEAPS. 

5 hours ago, AP said:

So true

Do you coach any Olympic athletes and elites thought you were mainly ag.

which is probably harder given the variation of commitment to goal in ag

4 hours ago, Bored@work said:

He formulated a plan, worked on his weakness and then came back to win the next year.

It took years for Macca to understand simplicities. He didn’t really have weaknesses. He just didn’t understand Kona. He soon learnt that drinking coke erly and staying on it is the winning formula. Just ask Mark Allen.

10 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

It took years for Macca to understand simplicities. He didn’t really have weaknesses. He just didn’t understand Kona. He soon learnt that drinking coke erly and staying on it is the winning formula. Just ask Mark Allen.

He talks about it in his book & mentions how he recruited other pros to work against the uber bikers.

1 hour ago, The Customer said:

coz everything in his little book is tru, bro

It is to him. 

1 hour ago, The Customer said:

coz everything in his little book is tru, bro

Probably the last time I believed any thing he said. 

17 hours ago, Bored@work said:

He talks about it in his book & mentions how he recruited other pros to work against the uber bikers.

The book that is really hard to read because all he keeps doing is tell you how good he is. It was one of the most painful reads I have had to go through.

In fact I took it back to the store and paid them to take it back........ 

23 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

The book that is really hard to read because all he keeps doing is tell you how good he is. It was one of the most painful reads I have had to go through.

In fact I took it back to the store and paid them to take it back........ 

I thought it was one of those choose your own adventure stories so I kept jumping from random page to random page.

So has anyone got the actual story on the topic of this thread because I thought reviewed Macca's book back in 2010 when it came out...?

3 hours ago, pieman said:

So has anyone got the actual story on the topic of this thread

Still waiting for TA to tell us paid members. ..  ..  

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

Still waiting for TA to tell us paid members. ..  ..  

More than likely there would be a settlement with a non-disclosure clause for both sides to avoid any future shit fight in the courts.  Don't like your chances of being told