William Lengthen

William Lengthen - Dear Diary

Dear Dairy

How good was the weekend people of Warringah!!?

Abbott gone and Steggall on her way to Canberra. To coin a phrase from the real Messiah (Barack H. Obama) "this is the moment when the rise of the oceans begin to slow". To the people of Warringah - your waterfront property is secure.

But the people of Warringah were not finished there. Read it and weep false Messiah from the Shire - Manly-Warringah 24 - Cronuilla Sutherland Sharks 14. Ahhh ScoMo, what a loser.

(Having said that - exactly how stupid are the people of Warrigah?? - how many trips to Europe and North America do they think Zali took to be a world class skiier? She'd have a carbon footprint approximating my over-sized ambition).

And speaking of over-sized ambitions, I see Albo stuck his head up over the weekend. The bloke knows what this country needs - and needs really hard - someone from the left. Good luck mate.

And something, something, Chris "if you don't, something, something, like it, don't, something, something, vote for it" Bowen, also looks like he's going to throw his hat in the ring. Very prescient guy  - has written the internal review of the campaign already.

Anyway - I'd better get back to the missus (aka Australia's Sweetheart).

yours William

• Haha 1

Dear Diary - An addendum

I have been spending a lot of time on Twitter today and one comment really stands out for me. My dear friend (and The Project favourite) Meshel "I'm not crazy" Laurie has written:

"Australians are dumb, mean spirited , and greedy. Accept it."

Meshel, I know it's a really tough time for you, and Tony did a hell of a lot for the people of Warringah, but now is the time for the people of Warringah to really pull together.

I really think the Eagles are a chance for the premiership this year. Des really has the boys firing.

C'mon, Meshel - let's hear it ...

We are the Manly Boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of,
We showed them how to play.

No matter where we'll be,
Maroon and White you'll see,
Oh aren't we a wonderful credit,
To our locality.

So cheer boys cheer,
We are together,
Every now and then we have a win... have a win.

We will play them all around,
At our home or any ground,
If they'll always play a fair and honest game.

So it's guzzle guzzle guzzle,
As we pour it down our muzzle,
And sing out the order loud and clear, "More Beer".

And we drink all night,
Until we are very tired,
In the shade of the Manly Leagues Club.

Edited by William Lengthen

Dear Diary

Not sure I'm going to enjoy spending more time around the house. One of the kids just asked me:

"Dad, if Australia is so racist, why did no one vote for Fraser Anning?"

• Haha 1

Dear Diary

Just catching up on some reading.

You know what is really cheering me up?

Reading those articles about how the Liberal Party screwed up by not making Julie Bishop leader.

Press gallery = finger on the pulse.

48 minutes ago, William Lengthen said:

Dear Diary

Not sure I'm going to enjoy spending more time around the house. One of the kids just asked me:

"Dad, if Australia is so racist, why did no one vote for Fraser Anning?"

53000 I think, bit of an improvement on the 19 he got last time.

Dear Diary

We all just had a good laugh.

The new curtain set just turned up and someone (HINT: Australia fell in love with her) forgot to read the "returns policy".

No darling, we can't bill it to the AWU... Cheeky!

7 hours ago, William Lengthen said:

Abbott gone and Steggall on her way to Canberra. To coin a phrase from the real Messiah (Barack H. Obama) "this is the moment when the rise of the oceans begin to slow". To the people of Warringah - your waterfront property is secure.

But the people of Warringah were not finished there. Read it and weep false Messiah from the Shire - Manly-Warringah 24 - Cronuilla Sutherland Sharks 14. Ahhh ScoMo, what a loser.

(Having said that - exactly how stupid are the people of Warrigah?? - how many trips to Europe and North America do they think Zali took to be a world class skiier? She'd have a carbon footprint approximating my over-sized ambition).

Zali now needs to buy an electric car and put solar panels on her roof.

Am wondering if she will be the next Maxine McKewn or Karen Phelps.

ScoMo with a majority government doesn't need a Steggall hence she is going to get nothing for her electorate over the next 3 years.

The problem with the people in Warringah is that they were so brain washed about Abbott that they forgot about the Party....... hence it will be a few years of nothing from Zali Steggall.

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

ScoMo with a majority government doesn't need a Steggall hence she is going to get nothing for her electorate over the next 3 years.

Only need 1 scandal involving a staffer getting pregnant and one section 44 and Zali becomes very relevant

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cottoneyes said:

Only need 1 scandal involving a staffer getting pregnant and one section 44 and Zali becomes very relevant

But it could happen on either side of the house or the cross bench as well. Has anyone checked Zali's citizenship status? ;)

24 minutes ago, trinube said:

Has anyone checked Zali's citizenship status? ;)

That's up to the party to do isn't it?  So surely the Greens or One Nation did that (which party depends on how you see a moderate in comparison to your view of the world)

6 hours ago, trinube said:

Has anyone checked Zali's citizenship status?

6 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

That's up to the party to do isn't it? 

And I'm sure the Liberal Party have done just that very thoroughly now.

Dear Diary

Hmmm, Australia's sweetheart may not be taking things as well as I hoped.

All frocked up for breakfast this morning.

Sorry darl, that's going to be a bit  OTT for the electoral office.

Dear Diary

After reading Jenna Price's column that she'd retire from her career and look after Plibbers kids, if Plibbers ran the labor party, I think it is really imperative that Plibbers throw her hat back in the ring.

Sink our Albo.

Dear Diary

My old friend, Paddy Crumlin, Maritime Union Nat Sec, is a fine example of the smarts the labour movement possesss.

Paddy reckons Jim Chalmers lacks the profile to become Labor leader. According to Paddy:

"No-one knows Chalmers, who is he? He's another blow-in.. Australians didn't know who Morrison was, let alone Chalmers.

Spot on Paddy. You would have to have rocks in your head to put up a no-name, like Morrison.

Edited by William Lengthen

On 21/05/2019 at 6:12 AM, IronmanFoz said:

Morrison may be in trouble. He is from the Shire!!!

Born in Waverly, grew up in Bronte, went to Sydney Boys High. Absolute blow in to the Shire, dropped into safe seat of Cook after a messy preselection battle he initially lost 82-8.

One of his grandfathers is a Kiwi.

On 20/05/2019 at 3:58 PM, William Lengthen said:

How good is Queensland !!

Hey William - Reckon Annastacia has sorted out her position on that Adani thing?

17 hours ago, Parkside said:

Born in Waverly, grew up in Bronte, went to Sydney Boys High. Absolute blow in to the Shire, dropped into safe seat of Cook after a messy preselection battle he initially lost 82-8.

One of his grandfathers is a Kiwi.

Ans he'll now be PM for at least another three very long and very depressing years  😁

• Like 1

16 hours ago, trilobite said:

Hey William - Reckon Annastacia has sorted out her position on that Adani thing?

You mean has the CFMEU sorted out her position, don't you?

5 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Ans he'll now be PM for at least another three very long 

No PM can guarentee that 🗡️

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

They have to sort theirs out first.

14 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

No PM can guarentee that 🗡️

Malcolm is gone, and ScoMo has become a Liberal party immortal 

He's not going anywhere 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Malcolm is gone, and ScoMo has become a Liberal party immortal 

He's not going anywhere 

Pete performed a miracle himself up here, defeating what he said was a multi-million dollar Get-up campaign aimed squarely at him. He'll bide his time for a while, then start collecting numbers.

18 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Pete performed a miracle himself up here, defeating what he said was a multi-million dollar Get-up campaign aimed squarely at him. He'll bide his time for a while, then start collecting numbers.

lol  Dream on

Fifty bucks for the charity of your choice says ScoMo will lead the Libs to the next election 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

lol  Dream on

Fifty bucks for the charity of your choice says ScoMo will lead the Libs to the next election 

I have no doubt he will. And I certainly hope PD doesn't get the guernsey ever. Having met him a number of times, I've nothing but distaste for him, and his view of the world.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I thought I saw some media reporting that the CFMEU was supporting LNP candidates in some Qld electorates impacted by coal mining policies...

1 hour ago, trilobite said:

I thought I saw some media reporting that the CFMEU was supporting LNP candidates in some Qld electorates impacted by coal mining policies...

Jeez, Labor must be in dire straits if even the CFMEU have dumped them