Sign in to follow this  
Blacky

Xterra Australia

Does anyone know the status of Xterra Australia ? They are not listing dates for any races in the future other than Xterra Dwellingup, which is a new race they cancelled last year and may or may not go ahead. They are not listing dates for any of their previous races which makes me wonder whether Xterra in Australia has died again or is being rebirthed ? 

Edited by Blacky

They seem to come and go every few years. They had a good event at Callala Bay until a couple of years ago.

i think the off road tris are great events.  I don't understand why xterra seems to struggle.  I did an event out an Anglesea few years back it was awesome.  The last Victorian Xterra was out near Lakes Entrance - great course but 3.5 hours from Melbourne makes it a tough ask.  

Lysterfield Lake would be an awesome option close to Melbourne for a race.   

2 hours ago, gluteus said:

i think the off road tris are great events.  I don't understand why xterra seems to struggle.  I did an event out an Anglesea few years back it was awesome.  The last Victorian Xterra was out near Lakes Entrance - great course but 3.5 hours from Melbourne makes it a tough ask.  

Lysterfield Lake would be an awesome option close to Melbourne for a race.   

They struggle because hardly anyone actually enters. I've heard they are amazing events but the fields are quite small.

We road triathletes are softer than we dare admit ;)