Peter

What’s this?

39 minutes ago, willie said:

🐍 oil 

I've often thought my forearms were overheating and limiting my performance, you can just feel them burning up :lol:

• Haha 2

C'mon people, we already look silly enough. 

No more

58377429_2328820997444681_2530107982159544320_n.jpg

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, roxii said:

No more

Go home Triathlon, you're drunk. 

• Haha 1

wow.  Okay so how do they work?

Maybe the other guy should use them as shoe protectors.

1 hour ago, willie said:

So how many people in Kona are going to wear them? 

They have no website yet. So at this stage only those who are being paid to wear them I suspect!

Then 30% as triathlete desperation and FOMO kicks in

Then 0% when they realise there is no benefit after all. 

Surely the greatest example of this kind of marketing were the amazing power balance bracelets with the magic holograms 😂

I have no idea how (or if) these work, but one thing I learnt as a young fella mowing lawns on 40° days was running your wrist under the tap was the fastest way to cool down, that’s where the blood flow is closest to the skin - hence one of the main spots for pulse check. 

11 hours ago, roxii said:

No more

Crash pad for finish line dives?

Edited by trifun

2 hours ago, The new guy said:

I have no idea how (or if) these work, but one thing I learnt as a young fella mowing lawns on 40° days was running your wrist under the tap was the fastest way to cool down, that’s where the blood flow is closest to the skin - hence one of the main spots for pulse check. 

Very true. Wrists, neck and groin. Have done it many times with marathon runners collapsing. "This is gonna feel mighty cold" often have them from GCS 11 to 15 in about a minute.

On 14/05/2019 at 10:36 PM, monkie said:

Very true. Wrists, neck and groin. Have done it many times with marathon runners collapsing. "This is gonna feel mighty cold" often have them from GCS 11 to 15 in about a minute.

Happy to have someone do my wrist and neck but.... groin after a race ? I don't think it would be working properly.

FM

1 hour ago, Flanman said:

Happy to have someone do my wrist and neck but.... groin after a race ? I don't think it would be working properly.

FM

What exactly dont you think would be working properly if you applied ice to your groin FM??

19 minutes ago, The new guy said:

What exactly dont you think would be working properly if you applied ice to your groin FM??

I once threw ice down the front of my tri suit in a race. It all ended up around by balls and for the next 2km I was literally freezing my nuts off. Took my mind off the heat though, so maybe it does work.

Edited by BenjieB
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, The new guy said:

The boys rest during the race. It takes them a little time to wake up after AND, I'd prefer for them to do it on their own time.

FM

18 minutes ago, BenjieB said:

I once threw ice down the front of my tri suit in a race. It all ended up around by balls and for the next 2km I was literally freezing my nuts off. Took my mind off the heat though, so maybe it does work.

I just spat my coffee out

4 hours ago, Flanman said:

The boys rest during the race. It takes them a little time to wake up after AND, I'd prefer for them to do it on their own time.

FM

It might surprise you but when I'm ambulancing I tend to prefer the boys to be asleep! I wouldn't recommend it as a usual past time but if people are very sick ('cos they're hot) then it's definitely the lesser of two evils. ;) 

One of my most memorable pyrexia jobs was when I was in charge of a sector of the London Marathon. I was walking between my treatment centres and came across two small cycle responders being thrown around by a guy who was quite unwell. Overheating is like a head injury and it can make you very fighty. I intervened and got the chap on the floor at which point he continued fighting quite effectively and grabbed my "boys" and started squeezing... I'm very glad the restraint mechanism I had to use didn't end up on YouTube as it would have looked rather, ummm... forceful.

Got him cooled down and later on I ended up in the A&E he went to, had a chat to him and he couldn't have been more apologetic and he was very understanding of the steps I had been forced to take! 

Edited by monkie