Sign in to follow this  
wombattri

Was Cairns, now Busso

Funny how things happen, and plans get thrown out the window.

My plan this year was giving IM Cairns a really good shake and seeing what I could do for IM #3. Training has been nice and consistent, and the Port Mac 70.3 result on the weekend was a great sign.

Won’t go into the detail, but when we got home from Port Mac on Monday night I tore my hamstring - not Tri related, so I’ve been beating myself up nice and good.

Had MRI yesterday and its a decent tear, assessment from quality sports doc is that I’m out for at least 4-6 weeks. Cairns is 5 weeks away - that’s life.

So the good news is that I can transfer my Cairns IM rego to IMWA - the cut off date for that is this Friday 10th (phew!), and I can also move accom and flights - happy days. Plus now that I’m going to Nice for the 70.3 Worlds its probably a better arrangement, as I’d hate to make it worse in Cairns and affect the experience in Nice.

Question for the audience - looking for some good accomodation options for Busso for a family of 4. Appreciate any recommendations.

Edited by wombattri

2 hours ago, wombattri said:

Question for the audience - looking for some good accomodation options for Busso for a family of 4. Appreciate any recommendations.

Loads of Air B n B options along Geographe Bay Road which is right on the run course and part of bike course. Caravan park with chalets for a cheaper option 200m from transition. More options further out such as Dunsborough. It all depends how much you want to spend and how close you want to be to transition/race. The double story houses along Geographe Bay Road would be awesome, but aren't cheap.

2 hours ago, zed said:

Loads of Air B n B options along Geographe Bay Road which is right on the run course and part of bike course. Caravan park with chalets for a cheaper option 200m from transition. More options further out such as Dunsborough. It all depends how much you want to spend and how close you want to be to transition/race. The double story houses along Geographe Bay Road would be awesome, but aren't cheap.

Thanks mate, appreciate that.