roxii

Critical thinking and the internet.

So with the current election in progress we have all seen people taking things on face value with no critical thought or fact checking. 

Today was taken to new heights as somebody on my local Facebook page re-posting a picture from the group registration for cyclists and thinking that this was actually a real image that would’ve been posted on the bus by the government. 

69AC6C1C-E565-402A-A81C-B055C4580E9C.jpeg

In what universe can you take leave of your senses long enough to think that this would be something that a government would put on a bus.

it baffles me..... and these people are allowed to vote.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I often ponder with there so many morons out there why aren't Im not a multi millionaire...I guess I would just feel bad taking advantage of them..

1 hour ago, more said:

I often ponder with there so many morons out there why aren't Im not a multi millionaire...I guess I would just feel bad taking advantage of them..

Might be your written English skills :)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

We've heard Clive Palmer speak, and seen how Donald Trump tweets, so clearly wealth doesn't discriminate against a person's English skills!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roxii said:

So with the current election in progress we have all seen people taking things on face value with no critical thought or fact checking. 

Today was taken to new heights as somebody on my local Facebook page re-posting a picture from the group registration for cyclists and thinking that this was actually a real image that would’ve been posted on the bus by the government. 

69AC6C1C-E565-402A-A81C-B055C4580E9C.jpeg

In what universe can you take leave of your senses long enough to think that this would be something that a government would put on a bus.

Perhaps if their senses are broken? Any chance said person was totally wasted at the time? 

The irony of calling others dumb while reposting that believing it is real is too much! :bangin:

Toxic, you ran an Internet forum. Why is this a surprise to you :D

Roxii, you can't always help stupid!  Sometimes it will always be stupid.

17 hours ago, more said:

I think the same thing.  

In my line of work I come across some extremely wealthy people that I honestly wonder how they even get out of bed. 

1 hour ago, Tyno said:

Toxic, you ran an Internet forum. Why is this a surprise to you :D

Roxii's Toxic?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nealo said:

Roxii's Toxic?

He's a middle class white male isn't he?

22 hours ago, roxii said:

and breed 😯

9 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

and breed 😯

And they tend to breed at a higher rate.

I think I'm feeling critical of this thinking...

12 hours ago, dazaau said:

Yes, although it's a much broader set of skills than a bit of BS detection. Others include, inter alia, logical reasoning, understanding and being able to identify logical fallacies as well as your own personal biases. These require training, and the latter in particular is quite difficult to work on.