Jump to content
roxii

Critical thinking and the internet.

Recommended Posts

So with the current election in progress we have all seen people taking things on face value with no critical thought or fact checking. 

Today was taken to new heights as somebody on my local Facebook page re-posting a picture from the group registration for cyclists and thinking that this was actually a real image that would’ve been posted on the bus by the government. 

69AC6C1C-E565-402A-A81C-B055C4580E9C.jpeg

In what universe can you take leave of your senses long enough to think that this would be something that a government would put on a bus.

it baffles me..... and these people are allowed to vote.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I often ponder with there so many morons out there why aren't Im not a multi millionaire...I guess I would just feel bad taking advantage of them..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, more said:

I often ponder with there so many morons out there why aren't Im not a multi millionaire...I guess I would just feel bad taking advantage of them..

Might be your written English skills :)

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've heard Clive Palmer speak, and seen how Donald Trump tweets, so clearly wealth doesn't discriminate against a person's English skills!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, roxii said:

So with the current election in progress we have all seen people taking things on face value with no critical thought or fact checking. 

Today was taken to new heights as somebody on my local Facebook page re-posting a picture from the group registration for cyclists and thinking that this was actually a real image that would’ve been posted on the bus by the government. 

69AC6C1C-E565-402A-A81C-B055C4580E9C.jpeg

In what universe can you take leave of your senses long enough to think that this would be something that a government would put on a bus.

it baffles me..... and these people are allowed to vote.

Perhaps if their senses are broken? Any chance said person was totally wasted at the time? 

The irony of calling others dumb while reposting that believing it is real is too much! :bangin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toxic, you ran an Internet forum. Why is this a surprise to you :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roxii, you can't always help stupid!  Sometimes it will always be stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, more said:

I often ponder with there so many morons out there why aren't Im not a multi millionaire...I guess I would just feel bad taking advantage of them..

I think the same thing.  

In my line of work I come across some extremely wealthy people that I honestly wonder how they even get out of bed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyno said:

Toxic, you ran an Internet forum. Why is this a surprise to you :D

Roxii's Toxic?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nealo said:

Roxii's Toxic?

He's a middle class white male isn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, roxii said:

it baffles me..... and these people are allowed to vote.

and breed 😯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, -- AJ -- said:

and breed 😯

And they tend to breed at a higher rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I'm feeling critical of this thinking...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dazaau said:

Yes, although it's a much broader set of skills than a bit of BS detection. Others include, inter alia, logical reasoning, understanding and being able to identify logical fallacies as well as your own personal biases. These require training, and the latter in particular is quite difficult to work on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...