goughy

You just need to beat the men!

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Last time I offered up an alternative viewpoint you made a homosexual slur  towards myself and another forum member. 

Are you sure it was a slur?  That might just be your homophobic interpretation?  Might have been saying you were a snappy dresser or something.

Oh wait, is that sort of stereotyping wrong as well or is it okay because it's kind of positive.  I still haven't worked this stuff out yet.

1 minute ago, Stikman said:

Are you sure it was a slur?  That might just be your homophobic interpretation?  Might have been saying you were a snappy dresser or something.

Oh wait, is that sort of stereotyping wrong as well or is it okay because it's kind of positive.  I still haven't worked this stuff out yet.

You need to do Gender Studies at an Australian University. They'll tell you what you need to do, think, say... 

2 minutes ago, A2K said:

You need to do Gender Studies at an Australian University. They'll tell you what you need to do, think, say... 

So do some triathlon training groups

I think I need to get a moderator to change my handle to PiePerson so I dont inadvertently upset someone just by posting here..

26 minutes ago, Stikman said:

I take offence at this. I'm a snappy dresser & you know it.

The tone of the post lead me to believe she was using the term as a slur. I'm deffinetly not homophobic. My gay friends keep telling my wife I'm only two Bacardi Breezers away from crossing over. My wife thinks it probably only 1, she's thankful I have given up the drink.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, pieman said:

I think I need to get a moderator to change my handle to PiePerson so I dont inadvertently upset someone just by posting here..

stop it you will get blocked.

45 minutes ago, A2K said:

You don't' have much faith in edumacation then - it's *supposed* to teach you to think, reason and analyse, not tell you what to think...

Edited by BogFrog
mis-wrote - meant "what", not how

10 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

You don't' have much faith in edumacation then - it's *supposed* to teach you to think, reason and analyse, not tell you how to think...

social media is teaching ppl how they should think, feel & act

11 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

You don't' have much faith in edumacation then - it's *supposed* to teach you to think, reason and analyse, not tell you how to think...

Education used to be about teaching you how to think

Now it's about teaching you what to think

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BogFrog said:

You don't' have much faith in edumacation then - it's *supposed* to teach you to think, reason and analyse, not tell you what to think...

I agree. But anyone now studying in a University who thinks 'differently'' to the approved narrative is very quickly brought into line.

5 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I'm surprised a Uniiversity got it so wrong. I have never been to Uni (except to watch bands & drink beer) but I would have thought the uni would have been all over equal prize money for males & females

I rang the race inquiry line a couple of months ago, it went through to the QUT Sports Dept but they said the race organisers weren't there and were just using some of their office space. It sounded to me like somebody was organising the race on behalf of the QUT. When the sh#t hit the fan in the media the QUT Board stepped in and said the prize difference between men and women was against their policies and they coughed up the extra coin themselves. The money didn't come from the charity funds. The race doesn't make that much anyway, only $2 per entry and then the QUT matches that with another $2. 

Edited by Mike Del

Did the winner get jazz handed?  That's the main issue, surely ;)

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Turts said:

Shall we have a separate men's and women's parliament now?  Since we're in an election? ScoMo v Shorten and Pliby V ? 

First across the line is first across the line.  If that what the entry said, than that's what gets paid. 

If it's poorly worded, pay both. But I don't assume both for everything. 

You go for a job, its best gets it. Not a job share between best male and best female.

Anyone got the actual wording? Or are we all just spinning media whispers? 

So the solution to Paying woman less than men is simply not to be sneaky about it? If the job add says up front 185,000 for woman and 218,000 for men then it’s all cool. Woman who don’t like it should just not apply???

Should be equal and participant should not have to check for equality before racing 

Edited by lzbones
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, A2K said:

More people enrolling in these highly employable courses and racking up associated HELP debts is just what the tax-paying public needs the $$$ spent on...

• Like 1