Sign in to follow this  
Peter

$7,500,000 to catch the Yarra Boulevard tack ar$ehole

I wonder if the person doing it would prefer the money to be spent one something else other than to stop him/her from dropping tacks to cause punctures in cars and bikes.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/frydenberg-tries-a-different-tack-with-promise-for-safer-cycling-paths-20190415-p51efq.html

The infamous "boulie tacker", who has repeatedly ambushed cyclists on Yarra Boulevard by laying tiny tacks on the road at night, will be targeted with more lighting and CCTV as part of a $7.5 million cycling safety boost pledged by the federal Coalition.

1 hour ago, dazaau said:

they should have just offered a $7.5 million reward for his capture :lol: Could be an interesting social experiment. 

For that amount I'd say I did, let you 'catch me' and split the reward 😁

Edited by more
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, more said:

For that amount I'd say I did, let you 'catch me' and split the reward 😁

I'd get a 15 year old to admit to it for $5. I'll take the other $2.5M and he'll get a slap on the wrist & told not to be a naughty boy.

Pity my son's not a Juvy any more.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I'd get a 15 year old to admit to it for $5. I'll take the other $2.5M and he'll get a slap on the wrist & told not to be a naughty boy.

Pity my son's not a Juvy any more.

Stuff it!  I'll take 7.5,  spend . 5 on a defense end up donating 1 as "restitution" in return for a suspended sentence and suppression order then retire to Booreen Point with the other 6.

Edited by trifun

47 minutes ago, trifun said:

Stuff it!  I'll take 7.5,  spend . 5 on a defense end up donating 1 as "restitution" in return for a suspended sentence and suppression order then retire to Booreen Point with the other 6.

Only one flaw.  The people are still doing it 

It's only part of the 7.5mill, not all of it!  They might just be putting $30 of the 7.5mill to surveillance.

57 minutes ago, trifun said:

20 years ago you could have bought Boreen Point for $6M

Just a bit more lighting on the boulie would be great - there's barely any street lights (< 10, I reckon) along the 6.6km of it...

42 minutes ago, CEM said:

Just a bit more lighting on the boulie would be great - there's barely any street lights (< 10, I reckon) along the 6.6km of it...

Agree but we will never see a cent.  The liberals have as much chance of being elected as @Bored@work qualifying for Kona and actually turning up to race it. 

On 16 April 2019 at 9:34 PM, Peter said:

Agree but we will never see a cent.  The liberals have as much chance of being elected as @Bored@work qualifying for Kona and actually turning up to race it. 

But surely bored@ can qualify for Kona. He does hill repeats on his bike and wants to coach AP! 

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

But surely bored@ can qualify for Kona. He does hill repeats on his bike and wants to coach AP! 

Apparently anyone can qualify for Kona if they want it enough.

I don't do hill repeats. I target climbs with sufficient recovery between efforts.