Sign in to follow this  
Ex-Hasbeen

Spring Classics

For those looking for some entertaining TV during the night, Paris-Roubaix is currently about 40km in. It is currently live online on SBS CyclingCentral, and will be on TV on SBS Viceland from 9:30.

Weather is dry but cold (or cool for those living in England).

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

8 minutes ago, roxii said:

Just watched the 6 day on 7, great finish 

It's got me how they can have a 6 day in 3 days.

On 14/04/2019 at 8:47 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

It's got me how they can have a 6 day in 3 days.

They had 3 in Melbourne and 3 in Brissie. Next year with Bear and Louise involved I reckon we’ll see all 6 days in Brissie. I’m not a massive fan of spectating but was absolutely sold on how they run the 6 days with DJ and lights plus atmosphere (and beers).

An incredible finish to the Amstel Gold last night. Alaphilippe & Fulsang had 30sec lead with 2km to go to a group of 3, and another 10sec to a group of 5. They played silly buggers over the last 1500m and got caught by a solo bridging the gap about 700m out, and then Mathieu Van Der Poel, who'd been driving the 3rd group basically on his own for the last 10km came flying past all of them in the last 100m to take the win. None of the guys that had been sitting behind him all the way in could even go past.

Never give up.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

It was a great finish! I thought either Fuslang or Allaphillippe had it with 1k to go. Never give up alright.

11 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

An incredible finish to the Amstel Gold last night. Alaphilippe & Fulsang had 30sec lead with 2km to go to a group of 3, and another 10sec to a group of 5. They played silly buggers over the last 1500m and got caught by a solo bridging the gap about 700m out, and then Mathieu Van Der Poel, who'd been driving the 3rd group basically on his own for the last 10km came flying past all of them in the last 100m to take the win. None of the guys that had been sitting behind him all the way in could even go past.

Never give up.

On the lance Armstrong podcast he is saying it is the best one day classic EVER.  Yep EVER.

Mathieu Van Der Poel from a no name team on hardly any cash will be fighting off offers now. Sagan is done.  Not the man he was 3 years ago.

17 minutes ago, Peter said:

Sagan is done

That sounds very definitive.

He’s what? 29? Going through a divorce with a child involved. He might just be having a down year or 2. All things being equal I’d expect for him to come back stronger than ever later this year or next. 

As a CX fan, I'm loving how the likes of MVDP and Van Aert are igniting these classics. They're racing these road races like they race cyclocross - looking to dominate from the front. 

Liege - Bastogne - Liege is currently on. Valverde just hopped in the team car, and the peleton is down to about 50 riders. 

Wet & miserable is all I can say.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Liege - Bastogne - Liege is currently on. Valverde just hopped in the team car, and the peleton is down to about 50 riders. 

Wet & miserable is all I can say.

Hopefully this means he can't win it the dirty cheating Spaniard..

1 hour ago, pieman said:

Hopefully this means he can't win it the dirty cheating Spaniard..

Lol. I nearly wrote "The dirty cheating Spaniard just hopped in the team car". We think alike.

Incredible finish. How would you feel being 30 seconds ahead in one of the biggest races of the year, and doing this on a wet descent with 4.5km to go.

https://sporza.be/nl/2019/04/28/onwaarschijnlijk-fuglsang-glijdt-bijna-onderuit-maar-blijft-nog/

image.png.cbda9c4add8b7df733386e610c33a606.png

image.png.f718eec90705c65e94f3f87417d1664e.png

image.png.7e92221004593a33d07dac7fb3ba1a4d.png

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Lol. I nearly wrote "The dirty cheating Spaniard just hopped in the team car". We think alike.

Incredible finish. How would you feel being 30 seconds ahead in one of the biggest races of the year, and doing this on a wet descent with 4.5km to go.

https://sporza.be/nl/2019/04/28/onwaarschijnlijk-fuglsang-glijdt-bijna-onderuit-maar-blijft-nog/

image.png.cbda9c4add8b7df733386e610c33a606.png

image.png.f718eec90705c65e94f3f87417d1664e.png

image.png.7e92221004593a33d07dac7fb3ba1a4d.png

Interesting, I read this morning that he slid on the white line, but the stills suggest he was already sliding!

4 hours ago, Naut said:

Interesting, I read this morning that he slid on the white line, but the stills suggest he was already sliding!

You can see a patch of gravel or water on the road that he's just been over here. It was at that point he started to lose it.

image.png.6e22a2e370f110fb1c10bf3f63ddb53f.png