Sign in to follow this  
ironpo

What has happened to all the IM sponsors?

So for you young folk we use to get a competitor shirt in our goodie bag as well as a finishers shirt if you finished 

this is the second last one we got I think from 2009 IMOZ

as you can see there are mega amount sponsors, so what has happened to them these days , as we have hardly any sponsors on the shirts or out on the course 

surely losing this amount of support has impacted the bottom line hence rising costs of entry etc 

is it just the case that IM just doesn’t put in the time or have the time to get sponsors due to the small amount of full time workers that they actually have , as I would imagine that it would be pretty hard gig with many events chasing any support possible 

image.jpg

image.jpg

27 minutes ago, willie said:

First hand experience. They're delirious about what it's 'worth' 

Who?

IM or the perspective sponsors?

Although as the IM Asia-Pac CEO told me at the time when I hit him up about a transfer, apparently their systems don’t accommodate carrying over entries to next year’s race 🤔

Have decided Crossfit is where it's at!

6 hours ago, trilobite said:

Although as the IM Asia-Pac CEO told me at the time when I hit him up about a transfer, apparently their systems don’t accommodate carrying over entries to next year’s race 🤔

You got scammed.  I bumped my Geelong entry 12 months. 

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

You got scammed.  I bumped my Geelong entry 12 months. 

He did offer transfer of a Noosa entry to Ballarat 1/2 IM. Given I had explained the reason for the request was a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament, I think he may have had a wheel chair entry in mind for me...

They worked out that triathletes were willing to pay to sponsor products so they could feel exclusive and join faux teams like every man jack and cup cake cartels

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, trifun said:

They got bored

They never had me.

On ‎14‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 2:00 PM, BarryBevan said:

They worked out that triathletes were willing to pay to sponsor products so they could feel exclusive and join faux teams like every man jack and cup cake cartels

For all the effort chasing sponsors they decided it was easier to charge athletes extra. Same money with no effort.

Damm Barry you really don't like EMJ - what did they do to you? 

• Haha 1