Sign in to follow this  
Peter

This guy was a walking drug lab

Would have been easier to list stuff he wasnt taking. 

3A1C1EA7-D55B-4EB0-A532-E4D31115495D.png

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

Would have been easier to list stuff he wasnt taking. 

3A1C1EA7-D55B-4EB0-A532-E4D31115495D.png

Anyone of here who could comment on what each of the substance/ methods listed is?

Aside from stuff regularly referred to in the media (eg EPO is at the top of the things listed) I’m taking a stab that many of us are not familiar with others like clomifene citrate.

4 minutes ago, trilobite said:

Anyone of here who could comment on what each of the substance/ methods listed is?

Aside from stuff regularly referred to in the media (eg EPO is at the top of the things listed) I’m taking a stab that many of us are not familiar with others like clomifene citrate.

There's a few steroids in there, and the one you just happened to mention, clomifene citrate, I have heard of being used in conjunction with them. It can raise natural testosterone levels I think. It's actually a women's fertility drug.

57 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Pro or Age grouper?

From memory he was a top level amateur. You'll be pleased to know he's from Perth :)

There is more to the story, he had struggled since he was a child with health issues that went undiagnosed till he was in his 20s when he was diagnosed with autoimmune hepatitis. He was prescribed the banned substances by Dr Anish Singh. His health improved significantly with the drugs (as did his cycling), but when it came to light that he had been prescribed the banned meds, the Dr was struck off and Fitzgerald was banned by Cycling Australia. 

It's hard to know how much blame to apportion Fitzgerald. He was sick and the drugs he was taking were prescribed by a Doctor, but he would have known most of what he was taking would be considered a PED and would be banned by all cycling bodies. Could he have got a TUE for all those drugs? 

Edited by zed

I don’t care if people are on drugs. Just don’t win stuff. 

• Like 1

No idea what some of them are outside of testosterone. It's in press and everyone talks about it as a banned drug. Mesterolone I have seen at Peter McCallum Cancer clinic. NFI what it does and only assume it is used in cancer treatment or recovery of some type. 

How the F! Do people shove this much stuff into their body and expect not to test positive.

4 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

There's a few steroids in there, and the one you just happened to mention, clomifene citrate, I have heard of being used in conjunction with them. It can raise natural testosterone levels I think. It's actually a women's fertility drug.

"Clomid: Using Clomid to boost testosterone and sperm production. Clomid causes the pituitary gland to increase production of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). ... For men do not have testicular failure, Clomid may be an option to help boost T levels"

Way too much to be given just for illness, maybe a couple of the things but that many is no way just for health. Some of it would be downright unhealthy too. Tamoxifen is given to women with breast cancer to reduce female hormones. His testosterone balance would been ridiculously out of wack, he was a walking chemical plant

I don't think it's about innocent/guilty. He took illegal substances knowingly. but you can't not mention the fact he spent his whole childhood/teenage years sick as a dog. 

On 12/04/2019 at 5:19 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Yeah sold under the brand name of Clomid - friend who was doing IVF was taking it to encourage ovulation for harvesting.

@Greyman Mesterolone is a testosterone booster, actually a lot of the stuff on there is a testosterone booster or estrogen suppressor. 

As for the GP, I have made sure I tell any GP I see that I am athlete (age-group) and that I could be random tested (although unlikely as I never win anything :lol: - well not age group anyway)

Found this article: https://cyclingtips.com/2018/07/one-sick-cyclist-14-banned-drugs-and-a-four-year-ban-michael-fitzgerald-qa/

Edited by MissJess