Peter

Israel Folau

On 17/05/2019 at 8:00 PM, nealo said:

Where do I find Religion in the Anti-Discrimination Act?

Turns out it was s772(1)(f) of the Fair Work Act

Wrong Act, same effect

On 05/06/2019 at 2:56 PM, Pencil_Towel said:

QLd could definitely use him come origin time next season

So if you think we could "definitely use him come origin time next season" who are you calling for him to replace?  21 year old Kalyne Ponga, 24 year old Corey Oates or last nights Man Of The Match 27 year old Dane Gagai. Form aside Folau will be 31 next origin season.

I'm confused, he consulted his Dad who sid he'd go to hell if he took down his post. Put his fate in God's hands as he will provide, now he's putting his fate in a Barristers hands to sue? Did God tell him to sue or turn the other cheek?

2 hours ago, Parkside said:

I'm confused, he consulted his Dad who sid he'd go to hell if he took down his post. Put his fate in God's hands as he will provide, now he's putting his fate in a Barristers hands to sue? Did God tell him to sue or turn the other cheek?

He shouldve listened when god said " I didnt say that., you should take that post down" 

2 hours ago, Parkside said:

So his imaginary friend told him to do something. Then he checked with his dad. 

I remember this when my kids were 3 years old. Usually about have and extra cookies 

I'm very interested in how they will portray "posting crap on insta" as a religious belief.

It seems absurd, so, he's probably got a very good legal chance :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tyno said:

I'm very interested in how they will portray "posting crap on insta" as a religious belief.

Yep

normally if anyone lodges an unfair dismissal case with FWA, the most you can hope for is either reinstatement or a max of 6 months salary. 

First step, get FWA to sign it off as unfair dismissal, then head to the courts for the big payout with half of your case already done

1 hour ago, Prince said:

normally if anyone lodges an unfair dismissal case with FWA, the most you can hope for is either reinstatement or a max of 6 months salary. 

Folau would be way over the income threshold for a normal unfair dismissal claim though

s772 is a civil provision though, so he can go his hardest 

Edited by IronJimbo
Corporate leviathans

15 hours ago, Tyno said:

1 hour ago, Prince said:

How is this decided?  One Judge? A few? A jury?

I can't see how he doesn't walk away with a shitload of money.

He can prove he was one of the best in the team so was clearly going to play for the rest of his contract.  ie full payout

He didn't do anything wrong on the field.

Show him the money .. .. ..

10 minutes ago, Peter said:

One commissioner usually, will send both parties to conciliation with a hope that they will reach an agreeable outcome.  If not then the commissioner hears the case, will not be anymore than 6 months payout in usual circumstances.  As IJ says though, once talking about salaries over the $150K mark they get ruled ineligible for unfair dismissal pretty quick and it needs to go through the civil courts

At $75 plus assumed lawyers fees to get them to conciliation, it can be the cheapest way to go though

23 minutes ago, Peter said:

I can't see how he doesn't walk away with a shitload of money.

He can prove he was one of the best in the team so was clearly going to play for the rest of his contract.  ie full payout

He didn't do anything wrong on the field.

Show him the money .. .. ..

The process is mediation first. Not a judge, usually a public servant.  If that fails, which it no doubt will, it would then go to a hearing, but the maximum is still 6 month salary. 

I am thinking this is a process that his solicitors have advised because if FWA rule in his favour, it would support his case in a civil lawsuit. It is very likely he will receive his 4 million plus some damages. 

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Folau would be way over the income threshold for a normal unfair dismissal claim though

s772 is a civil provision though, so he can go his hardest 

oh yeah, i forgot about the threshold. So i am not sure i understand the 'civil provision'.  

how is the claim going to FWA as an unfair dismissal claim, or have the media got it wrong. 

On ‎6‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 3:54 PM, Mike Del said:

So if you think we could "definitely use him come origin time next season" who are you calling for him to replace?  21 year old Kalyne Ponga, 24 year old Corey Oates or last nights Man Of The Match 27 year old Dane Gagai. Form aside Folau will be 31 next origin season.

Still one of the best outside backs that has ever laced up a boot.  I would drop Chambers and move him into the centres or Gagai into the centres and Folau wing.

On 07/06/2019 at 12:55 PM, Prince said:

The process is mediation first. Not a judge, usually a public servant.

I thought that in all court mediation processes, the mediator is a Judicial Registrar, who is trained and accredited in the laws covered by the court's jurisdiction. i.e. not just any old paper shuffler.

1 hour ago, XCOM.! said:

I thought that in all court mediation processes, the mediator is a Judicial Registrar, who is trained and accredited in the laws covered by the court's jurisdiction. i.e. not just any old paper shuffler.

i think they are just someone who has competed a course in conciliation. 

On 07/06/2019 at 4:50 PM, Prince said:

oh yeah, i forgot about the threshold. So i am not sure i understand the 'civil provision'.  

how is the claim going to FWA as an unfair dismissal claim, or have the media got it wrong. 

Guessing the tribunal would work the same way, but the civil provision of the Act would apply.  So presumably no limit on damages etc 

If Israel wins, as I think he very well might, Rugby Australia are f*cked

I wonder if Qantas will pick up the tab...

18 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If Israel wins, as I think he very well might, Rugby Australia are f*cked

They already are, even without this issue.

I don’t think he should be allowed to play any code, however if he is allowed to play NRL he should be punished by making him play for the Bulldogs. 

God knows we need something!! 

1 hour ago, roxii said:

I don’t think he should be allowed to play any code, however if he is allowed to play NRL he should be punished by making him play for the Bulldogs. 

God knows we need something!! 

Would certainly be a punishment...

Don't quite understand why he needs fundraising for legal as i would have definitely thought any decent Lawyer would love the case as it will be such high profile. I am therefore thinking it is a bit of a stunt to build public support in some way.

5 minutes ago, Prince said:

I am therefore thinking it is a bit of a stunt to build public support in some way.

In theory, public support should mean absolutely nothing in a legal case.

44 minutes ago, Prince said:

Don't quite understand why he needs fundraising for legal as i would have definitely thought any decent Lawyer would love the case as it will be such high profile. I am therefore thinking it is a bit of a stunt to build public support in some way.

A cynic might think a lawyer looked at all the details, saw through his transparent attempt to link the offensive image to unrelated scripture  and knew they didn't have a chance in hell...

Edited by monkie

Or he only wants the best QC that other people's money can buy, not an up & coming lawyer who would do it for nothing.

20 minutes ago, monkie said:

A cynic might think a lawyer looked at all the details, saw through his transparent attempt to link the offensive image to unrelated scripture  and knew they didn't have a chance in hell...

I don’t know.  I can actually see this going to the high court so that’s why I would of thought one of those high profile lawyers would jump at it.  It will be a pretty decent landmark case I thought.  Does someone have the right to free speech argument...etc

Edited by Prince

2 hours ago, Prince said:

Don't quite understand why he needs fundraising for legal

:wallbash:GoFundMe - really? 

3 hours ago, Prince said:

I don’t know.  I can actually see this going to the high court so that’s why I would of thought one of those high profile lawyers would jump at it.  It will be a pretty decent landmark case I thought.  Does someone have the right to free speech argument...etc

Maybe so although I still don't see how he's going to square the circle of the image not relating to the scripture... Personally I think he's trying to turn this into a whole freedom of religion issue when it's a clear cut "Don't post homophobic shit on Instagram" case.

E2A: But I agree that it's odd that nobody is representing for free which makes me think it might not be as strong a case as some would believe (or even humiliatingly weak because a fame hungry lawyer would love the trial even if it ultimately ends against him) but your explanation is equally possible and plausible too.

Edited by monkie
  • Like 1

Up to nearly $375,000.

I'm torn whether contributors are outright stupid or pathetically gullible.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, trinube said:

Up to nearly $375,000.

I'm torn whether contributors are outright stupid or pathetically gullible.

YOU are in a fight that YOU chose to be in after YOU broke the terms of YOUR contract, the kids below are in a fight they NEVER wanted to be in & yet YOU think YOU deserve donations more than they do??!!

It’s no longer about religion, it’s about YOU and YOUR greed.

EE9367D8-1D45-4B70-AA00-1001BF78227D.png

• Like 2

I don't know anything about those poor kids conditions but something is seriously ****ed up if parents have to crowd fund their treatment!! What happened to public health? 

Edited by more

This bloke is a disgrace. I'm all in with Peter Fitzsimon's in his opinion piece railing against the Alan Jones' supported hypocrisy of this bozo. 

He said a year ago he'd walk away from the game if he was harming it. Tick

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I wonder what Jesus would say?

Who........ never heard of him. 

If he’s a triathlete he’s probably a course cutter too! 

Also in regard to the go fund me pages.

I wonder if Israel has sold any of his luxury cars or other properties yet. 

5 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Who........ never heard of him. 

If he’s a triathlete he’s probably a course cutter too

Nah. I heard he's not from the west.

Folou had done a pretty good job (along with church PR program) to turn the public view on this around. The GoFundMe, I just don’t get it. I cannot see how the average Joe Punter supports. This isn’t a Folou contract issue, it’s the church seeing an opportunity for a membership drive. I think they lose this one. 

• Like 1

What happened to public health? 

Not sure we have  found a cure for cancer yet

4 hours ago, symo said:

Not sure we have  found a cure for cancer yet

So are the go fund me for research or treatment? 

11 hours ago, Bosco said:

Folou had done a pretty good job (along with church PR program) to turn the public view on this around. The GoFundMe, I just don’t get it. I cannot see how the average Joe Punter supports. This isn’t a Folou contract issue, it’s the church seeing an opportunity for a membership drive. I think they lose this one. 

Perhaps a few people see this as a free speech issue, and are backing who they see as their side?

22 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Perhaps a few people see this as a free speech issue, and are backing who they see as their side?

I flicked through Sky News last night, and the panel were saying that this is a good thing, in that he is now fighting the fight for the right to be a christian that many others can't.

I still don’t have an issue with what he said and believe he shouldn’t have been sacked for what he said. 

If he however said it while at work, in an official press conference or on the field etc... then sure fire him. 

I do have a massive issue that he is asking for money to help him fight it. The guy has made millions and millions over they years. He has money. Asking for the public to assist is just piss poor. 

Just saw this. 

12BB4A66-CD49-4C5B-AFEC-42878EC736F4.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I flicked through Sky News last night, and the panel were saying that this is a good thing, in that he is now fighting the fight for the right to be a christian that many others can't.

I think there's some truth to that

It's not about money, it's about principle