Israel Folau

1 hour ago, lawman said:

Your argument about the perception of bias is an important one.

On that basis not one of the more recent US Supreme Court appointments should be able to sit on the bench.  The perception of conservative, right wing bias is palpable.

I agree its a crazy system-all that happens is the side that is in power stacks the courts with judges who are either left or right leaning.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a good read.   

Whenever anyone posts anything on this site, it's only a matter of time before 'Jimbo' tells them how stupid they are... I'm calling it "Xcom's law".

I assure you there are many, many other commandments under the Gospel of Katz.  They are, however, all based on this.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, lawman said:

Your argument about the perception of bias is an important one.

On that basis not one of the more recent US Supreme Court appointments should be able to sit on the bench.  The perception of conservative, right wing bias is palpable.

But it was all okay when the Democrats were appointing people like Ruth Bader-Ginsberg...

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Nobody at the time

That's kind of the point...

I would have thought she was appointed because Clinton wanted a woman on the seat, more than a crony. Coming off the "Year of the woman", and no female appointments to major roles, he needed one, and there were no other options really for him at the time.

On 05/12/2019 at 12:50 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The mob that arranged the crowd-funding has said that refunds will be available to those that have donated.

It wouldn't surprise me if the apology was required to save him face if the payout was small.

"While it was not Rugby Australia's intention, Rugby Australia acknowledges and apologises for any hurt or harm caused to the Folaus," the statement said.

"Similarly, Mr Folau did not intend to hurt or harm the game of rugby and acknowledges and apologises for any hurt or harm caused."

They both made apologies with caveats, for any hurt, no specifics. Made an economic decision and stopped the thing dragging on forever, sounds like a nil all draw.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

They both made apologies with caveats, for any hurt, no specifics. Made an economic decision and stopped the thing dragging on forever, sounds like a nil all draw.

Well I think the final score will depend on the. payout.

If all Izzie got was the remainder of his contract then I’d say Nil all. Any more than that and it’s a win to him. 

This wool be a good use of the courts time section 1 v 2 doing their job

better than pollies deciding to legislate every aspect of our life.

thought we were getting small government 

on that can someone abolish state governments and their oppressive stamp duties and other inefficient measures 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, roxii said:

Would love to know what Catalans recruitment policy is. 

Carney, Dave Taylor and now Folau. 

They haven’t written their policy yet.  

struggling to get a hr manager. 

10 hours ago, AA7 said:

I love Wigan's response. They have scheduled their Pride round for when they play Israel's new team in March.

As have several other teams.

It's a level of trolling I wouldn't have expected from League. 

Well done those clubs!

• Like 1