Peter

Israel Folau

On 24/09/2019 at 12:49 AM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Especially in a case like this, where you are still living in the first country, but because they won't pick you, you go back to the previous. I see nothing wrong with him "honouring his country" by playing for them, IF HE COULD BE BOTHERED LIVING THERE.

I know a guy that represented Ireland at AG Worlds but only goes there for the odd Xmas.  :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I know a guy that represented Ireland at AG Worlds but only goes there for the odd Xmas.  :whistling:

I was thinking about that traitor when I wrote it, but then he gets away with it cause he hasn't represented this country. :)

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, FatPom said:

But clearly Ireland needed to strengthen their team.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I was thinking about that traitor when I wrote it, but then he gets away with it cause he hasn't represented this country. :)

I always put Oz down as country of choice when racing but I haven't represented Eng at anything. Although, the way things are heading, I could be PM by next week.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now, I'm no fan of Isi, and not necessarily a fan of church.  But in not really a fan of what he says in church being reported, filmed etc.  I mean, I don't like what he has to say, but maybe his congregation agree with him?  I don't know, just doesn't feel right to me.  Maybe it's the old catholic coming out in me?

25 minutes ago, goughy said:

Now, I'm no can is Isi, and not necessarily a fan of church.  But in not really a fan of what he says in church being reported, filmed etc.  I mean, I don't like what he has to say, but maybe his congregation agree with him?  I don't know, just doesn't feel right to me.  Maybe it's the old catholic coming out in me?

It's simple - he's a dick.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

It’s freedom of speech remember

And if the media hadn't kept talking it, this would have died a natural death ages ago.

AJ (Rugby isn't the game played in heaven)

I just don't know whats to be gained by him making such comments? I sure as shit hope he has enough money to survive on because I just can't see any business now being willing to pay him to do anything in the future.

Sure he can think it.  Tell his mates it's what he thinks, but to go public with it, is naive or just for pure baiting people 

https://www.theage.com.au/national/israel-folau-links-bushfire-crisis-to-same-sex-marriage-and-abortion-20191117-p53bf4.html

It may be just me, but I don't consider him including it as part of a sermon was going completely public with it?  Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.  I just don't consider it the same as saying it out in public, and maybe even person in there agreed with him, with the exception of the person who filmed him.  Were they part off his church, or a journo??

I still think he's a fruitloop, and hop he loses against rugby Australia.

Izzy must be channeling up his inner Mundine.  If he thinks like that fine, no need to share it 

What I don't understand is why we keep supplying these absolute dropkicks with prime media airtime? 😟  Even if the media has over saturated the population with bushfire alerts/news/stories over the past week, surely there's something more uplifting to broadcast than Izzys continued drivel.

AJ

17 hours ago, goughy said:

It may be just me, but I don't consider him including it as part of a sermon was going completely public with it?  Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know.  I just don't consider it the same as saying it out in public, and maybe even person in there agreed with him, with the exception of the person who filmed him.  Were they part off his church, or a journo??

I still think he's a fruitloop, and hop he loses against rugby Australia.

I think the person who filmed him DOES believe him. It did It sneak out - my guess is Folau was in on the filming and 'leaking'. He specifically states that it is for the world out there that God is angry, no for the people in the church. Now why would he say that if he didn't expect it to get out?

Didn't think of it that way!  I guess they're a small freaky church; would know if someone was in there doing something they didn't like.

11 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

What I don't understand is why we keep supplying these absolute dropkicks with prime media airtime? 😟  Even if the media has over saturated the population with bushfire alerts/news/stories over the past week, surely there's something more uplifting to broadcast than Izzys continued drivel.

AJ

Because we don’t have real news in Australia.  

So this bs clickbait stuff has become news. 

This guy represents a big problem in society - the need to believe in something.  Most people have it, it's just more obvious in some people.  Conspiracy theorists, anti vaxers, nutbag dieters, fringe religions...  it's all the same, some kind of primal need to believe in something stoopid or antisocial, but even worse now that we have the church of the internet

Do we all have something, deep down we believe in that defies logic/science/social norms? What's yours? :)

29 minutes ago, SomeTri said:

Nope

Not even that, with all science and logic pointing  to the contrary, that you'll win your age group in Kona one day?! :)

He's upping his damages claim against RA to 14mill, saying that he would have been the Wallabies Captain one day.

41 minutes ago, goughy said:

He's upping his damages claim against RA to 14mill, saying that he would have been the Wallabies Captain one day.

LOL  as if some guy with no private school background would ever be the captain of the Wallabies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Even if they hadn't sacked him, his chances of ever being Captain were probably done once he made his first contentious religious posts and had to retract them!  And completely gone with his last one.

3 hours ago, goughy said:

I thought RA offered the captaincy to the player not the player telling RA 'pick me'. How can he know he wouldve been the captain! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, goughy said:

Tell him he's dreaming.

1 hour ago, Cottoneyes said:

His lawyers are amateurs, what about his future career as the coach

or as God?

AJ (probably going to hell for that one)

3 hours ago, Cottoneyes said:

what about his future career as the coach

As far as Rugby was concerned he's from NSW, and that's the most often used criteria for choosing the Aussie coach.

17 hours ago, Tyno said:

As far as Rugby was concerned he's from NSW, and that's the most often used criteria for choosing the Aussie coach.

So since 2000 - The 15 Wallaby Captains have all beeen from NSW........ 

At least 8 of them are from outside of NSW>

1 hour ago, IronmanFoz said:

So since 2000 - The 15 Wallaby Captains have all beeen from NSW........ 

At least 8 of them are from outside of NSW>

Coach not captain is the claim above.

• Sad 1

Fitzsimmons saying today that the last time a back was captain was in 1980, for one game only.  And that the consensus was that a back is too far from the game to be captain.  And that under the last coaches tenure they had 14 different vice captain's and not once was it Falou

1 hour ago, goughy said:

Fitzsimmons saying today that the last time a back was captain was in 1980, for one game only.  

Fitzsimmons obviously took too many head knocks when he was playing.

Looking through the list I can see quite a few non-forwards in the list of Wallaby captains since 1980...

• Will Genia
  • Stirling Mortlock
  • George Gregan
  • Jason Little
  • Tim Horan
  • Nick Farr-Jones
  • Michael Lynagh
  • Andrew Slack
  • Mark Ella

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australia_national_rugby_union_team_captains

AJ (Had enough brains to never play the game which is why I still have them)

Fitz is a big dumb link, but it appears he answered a question about last Full Back to be Captain. Or it was answered in his twitter feed. 

Yes, I said back.  But meant full back.

And it's done.  We'll just have to guess how much he got our of it.  I'm guessing 5mill.  Kinda hoped he'd get his arse kicked in court, bit most of these things settle don't they?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goughy said:

And it's done.  We'll just have to guess how much he got our of it.  I'm guessing 5mill.  Kinda hoped he'd get his arse kicked in court, bit most of these things settle don't they?

What I havn't seen yet is any indication whether he can now be selected for the Wallabies.

My guess is "No"

AJ 

Yeah, you'd think he won't get an aru contact again.  But would be free to play anywhere or anything else?  Though, maybe I'm completely wrong.

3 minutes ago, goughy said:

Yeah, you'd think he won't get an aru contact again.  But would be free to play anywhere or anything else?  Though, maybe I'm completely wrong.

He will take his massive payout and go get a massive contract in europe somewhere...

• Like 1

He certainly sounds chuffed in front of the cameras with his wife, taking his stance on religious freedom and pointing out RA's apology to him.

In a joint statement, RA and Dizzy Izzy said
"Mr Folau wants all Australians to know that he does not condone discrimination of any kind against any person on the grounds of their sexuality and that he shares Rugby Australia’s commitment to inclusiveness and diversity,”.......

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, goughy said:

He certainly sounds chuffed in front of the cameras with his wife, taking his stance on religious freedom and pointing out RA's apology to him.

From everything I've seen, it appears to be win for Falau and a complete and absolute back down by Rugby Australia.  One wonders why after all this time RA have caved. 

Coming up after the break....

Raelene Castle to be shown the door in the not too distant future because of her pathetic handling of this whole thing

AJ (Disclaimer: Crystal Ball broke years ago.)

• Like 1

It really does seem that way!  And now there's comments coming out regarding "the apology" dizzy received, qualifying that it was for the general distress to the falou family, not necessarily for his ban, which is the way dizzy seems to be spinning it.  I could be completely wrong with how this all came out, cause dizzy could just be spinning this all into his favour, but it really does seem like he's fine or of this on top.  

I'd love him to be right.  But surely not.

15 minutes ago, Parkside said:

Fitzy's take is a few hundred K. Less than the legal fees RA predicted they'd spend if it went to court.

Like I said rugby are broke. I’d be surprised if he got more than a million.  

It would be better of rugby going broke fighting 14 million than give him 14 million. 

• Like 2