Jump to content
AA7

National Titles Prizes

Recommended Posts

Picked up another couple of water bottles and swimming caps for national title wins over the weekend (not so humble brag 🤨).

I wrote them an email after Mooloolaba. They said they didn't give medals as they sometimes get 'lost' when you're also getting an event medal. And the water bottle and swim cap are practical items for triathletes. True, which is why we all already have hundreds of them. 

Anyway, I think they have received quite a bit of feedback on it, and the words to a friend after he made a comment to TA rep on Saturday were 'don't worry, we'll never do this again.' 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange how Triathlon Queensland don't have a fear of the State Title medal getting "lost" 🤔.  Also it was really weird seeing the official 3rd place medalists receiving a medal, then as she was not a member of TA, the 4th place person jumping up and getting exactly the same medal.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Cat Lady said:

Strange how Triathlon Queensland don't have a fear of the State Title medal getting "lost" 🤔.  Also it was really weird seeing the official 3rd place medalists receiving a medal, then as she was not a member of TA, the 4th place person jumping up and getting exactly the same medal.

Wtf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what they do these days, but years back they used to have a professional engraver at the event, and when you got your medal it was already engraved with your division & name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Not sure what they do these days, but years back they used to have a professional engraver at the event, and when you got your medal it was already engraved with your division & name.

Nope, none of that. The event medal didnt even have age group/ gender on it.

Edited by AA7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because they get reused if they do not get collected. 

I've been to a number of events (usually Elite Energy) where the category winners don't bother picking up their medals. Maybe because by the time the presentation is on they are long gone (like Big Husky Saturday where the presentation has taken place the last couple of years at 6pm when your race might have finished at 10am).

I've run events (the Hills Duathlons) where the same thing happens. We moved to a generic model where the medals that were not collected were then set aside for the next race. The only thing we bother to change is the ribbon with the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MissJess said:

Because they get reused if they do not get collected. 

I've been to a number of events (usually Elite Energy) where the category winners don't bother picking up their medals. Maybe because by the time the presentation is on they are long gone (like Big Husky Saturday where the presentation has taken place the last couple of years at 6pm when your race might have finished at 10am).

I've run events (the Hills Duathlons) where the same thing happens. We moved to a generic model where the medals that were not collected were then set aside for the next race. The only thing we bother to change is the ribbon with the year.

All of which is fair enough for any old event, but a national championship medal should have details of the race, year, category etc. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, -H- said:

All of which is fair enough for any old event, but a national championship medal should have details of the race, year, category etc. 

yep, plus the event medal had the year on it, so wont be able to be reused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AA7 said:

Nope, none of that. The event medal didnt even have age group/ gender on it.

Typical lefty greens push to a gender-less society, they started with gender-less birth certificates and now moved on to triathlon medals. 

Get Pauline and Cory Bernardi on to it , they'll sort out that lefty TA mob 

Edited by Mike Del
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can keep it all. If you finish on the podium, a decent event cycling jersey makes me happy. It's something you can use and takes up bugger all space and you can never have enough of them. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, softy said:

They can keep it all. If you finish on the podium, a decent event cycling jersey makes me happy. It's something you can use and takes up bugger all space and you can never have enough of them. 

Tubes, chain lube, bar tape are excellent prizes too. I did a race years (& years) ago in Mudgee NSW, they gave local produce as prizes eg honey & wine plus some $$. Brilliant idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine Federer winning Wimbledon and his prize was a Yonex racquet and some Slazenger balls.... when his sponsor is Wilson. Straight to the trophy room for them. Not!

Edited by IronmanFoz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...