AP

IM Kona

Absolutely agreed! And field size should be limited more. Maybe no roll down more than 2 or 3 slots if those allocated don’t take them. If you don’t make it, you don’t make it. It’s a world championship after all.

That was a lot of words to say wave starts would reduce drafting, and World Champs should have race refs who know what they're doing ( and not scared to do it)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Turts said:

That was a lot of words to say wave starts would reduce drafting, and World Champs should have race refs who know what they're doing ( and not scared to do it)

Yup, but at least the can show they’ve done the maths and aren’t just making hollow claims.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JenS said:

Absolutely agreed! And field size should be limited more. Maybe no roll down more than 2 or 3 slots if those allocated don’t take them. If you don’t make it, you don’t make it. It’s a world championship after all.

Western States golden ticket qualifiers roll down to 5th only. 

But then they have around 6000 entries gunning for less than 400 spots. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Turts said:

Or it’s a well written constructive report that highlights their passion for the sport and their willingness to help improve the event. They conducted a survey & presented the results with their own thoughts.

Twitter is for short simply messages. This reads like a business case and will have a greater chance of being noticed. 

• Like 2

Isn't everyman jack an Elite Age Group club where you have to be a gun athlete to be part of?

In other words, the majority of the club go to Kona each year?

In other words, they know what they are talking about, rather than someone that does the spot but will never get to kona having an opinion of what happens in Kona?

53 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Or it’s a well written constructive report that highlights their passion for the sport and their willingness to help improve the event. They conducted a survey & presented the results with their own thoughts.

Twitter is for short simply messages. This reads like a business case and will have a greater chance of being noticed. 

In my opinion the same impact could have been delivered more succinctly. Sometimes more isn't better . 

That is all. 

Edited by Turts

37 minutes ago, Turts said:

In my opinion the same impact could have been delivered more succinctly. Sometimes more isn't better . 

That is all. 

Thanks for that 

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Isn't everyman jack an Elite Age Group club where you have to be a gun athlete to be part of?

In other words, they know what they are talking about, rather than someone that does the spot but will never get to kona having an opinion of what happens in Kona?

Nup it’s a bunch of over hyped yanks paying to advertise shaving cream and they don’t have any women 

18 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Nup it’s a bunch of over hyped yanks paying to advertise shaving cream and they don’t have any women 

You’re wrong 

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Thanks for that 

If you dont want to read what I say, feel free to block or ignore me.

Sarcasm is a waste of everyone's time. 

Edited by Turts

29 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

https://teamemj.com/team/

Did not see any women in that team, and they do pay to advertise shaving stuff

Everyman Jack is the name of the company (think Lynx or Rexonna in Aus). Being a men’s product range it would be strange to have women on the team. 

The guy who runs the team own the company.

34 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Seems its meant to be an all male team.  

Ritch Viola founded the Every Man Jack brand in 2007 around the same time he took up triathlon.  In 2011 he raced the Ironman Hawaii and had a custom EMJ racing kit made for the event.  At that point, he decided that creating and sponsoring an all male triathlon team would be a great marketing endeavor for the Every Man Jack brand.  So in 2012, Team Every Man Jack was born

Turns you seriously need to stop trying to pick a fight with everyone.  

its annoying. 

44 minutes ago, Peter said:

Turns you seriously need to stop trying to pick a fight with everyone.  

its annoying. 

Oh ffs, I reponded to the content in the OP. 

Your boyfriend responded to me.  As you did in the other thread. 

You fellas have been the ones picking at my posts, so maybe just check yourselves out. 

I haven't picked a fight with anyone. So just leave it out eh? 

Edited by Turts
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Turts said:

Oh ffs, I reponded to the content in the OP. 

You fellas have been the ones picking at my posts, so maybe just check yourselves out. 

I haven't picked a fight with anyone. So just leave it out eh? 

Please don’t get personal. I had a different opinion to yours & posted an alternative view point. 

I thanked you for your response. 

4 hours ago, Peter said:

Yes they are a gun age group team with a focus on Kona. They have large numbers racing Kona every year. 

they also give a lot back to the sport & the community. They ran T1 & T2 at Ironman Vineman. They always have a large number of wife’s/girlfriends who volunteer at races.

1 hour ago, Turts said:

Seems its meant to be an all male team.  

Ritch Viola founded the Every Man Jack brand in 2007 around the same time he took up triathlon.  In 2011 he raced the Ironman Hawaii and had a custom EMJ racing kit made for the event.  At that point, he decided that creating and sponsoring an all male triathlon team would be a great marketing endeavor for the Every Man Jack brand.  So in 2012, Team Every Man Jack was born

And Fernwood is an all female health club.

And WITSUP scholarship isn’t promoted to middle aged men.

Which one should I be offended at?

50 minutes ago, trilobite said:

And Fernwood is an all female health club.

And WITSUP scholarship isn’t promoted to middle aged men.

Which one should I be offended at?

That's up to you. 

I was just quoting from their website, after someone pointed out there were no women. 

I personally don't give a damn that its an all male club, as opposed to a multisex one. i dont think that affects the value of the content of their letter or the weight it should carry. 

Someone had previously queried the lack of female representation on the webpage so I pointed out it is an all male club. Which would explain the lack of women. 

Edited by Turts
Clarified for Peter, exactly what i dont give a damn about.

I like talking, learning and discussing triathlon in this place, don’t care much for all the other shit. Seems about a week of good threads and then we run out........

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Turts said:

That's up to you. 

I was just quoting from their website, after someone pointed out there were no women. 

I don't give a damn. 

Clearly you do give a damn.  Someone who didn’t give a damn would have just ignored it and moved onto the next thread. 

For example I’ve never clicked in the bike fit thread. Cause I don’t give a damn. 

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

I clarified my post for you. 

48 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

Narcissistic ag paying to be in a team

Na. I meet Rich & the guys via a mutual friend in 2015 before Lake Tahoe. They are a great bunch of guys, chilled out and very welcoming. 

Several of you need to investigate the block commands - works a treat for me. I have dozens in there :lol:

Jeez peeps! What's with this (what appears to be) deliberate misinterpretation of everything Turts is saying?!?  And then the baiting and sarcasm? Grow up

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Jeez peeps! What's with this (what appears to be) deliberate misinterpretation of everything Turts is saying?!?  And then the baiting and sarcasm? Grow up

Yeah because she’s the poor victim in all this. She posts her thoughts & then gets personal when ppl don’t agree with her or have a different or varying opinion. 

1 hour ago, prizna said:

Toitle needs a hug 🤗

images.jpeg

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Turts said:

Hahahahahaahahaha………….hahahahahahahah……..ahahahahahahah.

FM

On 06/04/2019 at 2:09 PM, AP said:

Back on topic. 

AP you have raced Kona more times than anyone on this site. Do you agree with the letter? Do you think there is a problem with the race  & they need to change it to protect the image of the sport  / marquee event? Or simply to improve the race & make it a fair playing field.

I thought it was well thought out and it has merit - so often in the first 20-30km a drafting situation is unavoidable - in fact the marshals have ridden along telling people to go single file to let faster riders through - it's too crowded early in the bike leg

Something could be done about it without losing the mass start feature - that's why I posted it - it is possible to improve 

But if the idea is put out there by "an all male" club there's bound to be some who are offended ????

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AP said:

I thought it was well thought out and it has merit - so often in the first 20-30km a drafting situation is unavoidable - in fact the marshals have ridden along telling people to go single file to let faster riders through - it's too crowded early in the bike leg

Something could be done about it without losing the mass start feature - that's why I posted it - it is possible to improve 

But if the idea is put out there by "an all male" club there's bound to be some who are offended ????

Could they split the field for the first 20/30km? Two lanes either side of the road ? Every second rider in the right lane etc.  have two lanes for the first 30km until the field thins out abit ? 

I agree some ppl just want to be offended so they can be offended. EMJ is more all male team then an all male club. In fact Rich was the only guy in the 6am spin class last week. 

48 minutes ago, AP said:

Eh, who was offended? 

48 minutes ago, AP said:

14 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I agree some ppl just want to be offended so they can be offended. EMJ is more all male team then an all male club. . 

I agree. As i said in my post, i don't feel that the message coming from an all male team makes any difference to the point. The message comes from a group of people that are experienced in Kona. 

AP, what could be done whilst keeping the mass start? I've never been, and am not at the pointy end to see the problems. Or solutions. 

2 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Eh, who was offended? 

Looking at the posts, I think it was barrybevan? 

20 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

19 hours ago, BarryBevan said:

• Like 1

I don’t understand why anyone wants to be in an all male group. And pay to advertise their shaving kit 

2 hours ago, AP said:

So we have a "World Championship" where cheating is allowed?  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Need wave starts or male/females on separate days, just too much traffic.

40 minutes ago, zed said:

Need wave starts or male/females on separate days, just too much traffic.

What's the bet that if they ever introduce wave starts, within 2 years it'll be just as congested because they've bumped the number of starters up.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

What's the bet that if they ever introduce wave starts, within 2 years it'll be just as congested because they've bumped the number of starters up.

Isn't space on the pier an issue?

4 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Isn't space on the pier an issue?

Didn't they say that 500 competitors ago?

2 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Didn't they say that 500 competitors ago?

Not sure, I really don't follow Kona or any other race that closely. You're probably right the more money they can make the more people they will get into the race.

It's a business and they need to return a profit to the shareholders.