FatPom

10yrs ago today

I had my big crash.  I still can't feel my right shoulder.  Nearly gave it all away after that but it's amazing how time flies.  Stay safe everyone.

Well mate, I for one am glad you are still with us, warm and upright. We may gave disagreed at times, had a slightly harsh word but in all, still glad you're still. 

• Like 1

Today is also the anniversary of Green Machine passing away - I think 2007?  RIP GM and thoughts with Mrs Chat.

• Sad 3

43 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I had my big crash.  I still can't feel my right shoulder.  Nearly gave it all away after that but it's amazing how time flies.  Stay safe everyone.

I remember that post - and was a bit stunned it was 10 years ago!!  As you say, how time flies.  To come back from that and be posting solid run and ride times is a real credit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, trinube said:

Today is also the anniversary of Green Machine passing away - I think 2007?  RIP GM and thoughts with Mrs Chat.

I think that would be right. I was in Port Mac with Rog, Trev and PeePee in 2008 and I remember there was a ceremony in the water.

• Like 1

It's also the anniversary of my mum's death and splitting up with my partner (in different years) - something in the stars 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, FatPom said:

I think that would be right. I was in Port Mac with Rog, Trev and PeePee in 2008 and I remember there was a ceremony in the water.

That's where we met FP. We had fish and chips near town green the night before. Nealo and Humdrum there too. I think Nealo and Rog were in the backpackers together.

Edited by trinube

11 minutes ago, -H- said:

It's also the anniversary of my mum's death and splitting up with my partner (in different years) - something in the stars 

Hugs -H-. hope you have great memories of your mum today. Your ex is probably thinking back on how great you are :)

Only 15mths since I did my collarbone, but most of the feeling is back in my left shoulder, though still a bit of a numb spot on the front.

If I keep falling over in my fishing waders I might do the other one!  Have already gone arse over head twice like a compete Muppet.  Pulled some muscles in my lower left side that I did not even know existed 😄

But we fish on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Only 15mths since I did my collarbone, but most of the feeling is back in my left shoulder, though still a bit of a numb spot on the front.

If I keep falling over in my fishing waders I might do the other one!  Have already gone arse over head twice like a compete Muppet.  Pulled some muscles in my lower left side that I did not even know existed 😄

But we fish on!

Sorry for laughing but those thigh-high fishing boots look tricky to get around in & it would  be funny seeing someone go A over T . 😉😆

• Haha 1

FP I hadnt found Trannies so wasnt around when you had your crash & I dont know the full extent however your approach to training & racing & the results you get is amazing & inspiring too. Well done to you x 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Surfer said:

FP I hadnt found Trannies so wasnt around when you had your crash & I dont know the full extent however your approach to training & racing & the results you get is amazing & inspiring too. Well done to you x 

Thanks Surfer, it wasn't a happy time but Mrs FP and I got through it was help from the amazing people on this forum. 👍

As for racing, let's see later today because I have a 20km trail race to get through. :wink3:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Sorry for laughing but those thigh-high fishing boots look tricky to get around in & it would  be funny seeing someone go A over T . 😉😆

Mine are the chest high neoprene jobbies (cos it's cold in NZ).

Today, I stepped in a massive cow shit, slipped again, and pulled those muscles some more 😄

However, I did get a nice trout after missing the biggest one I've ever had the privilege of casting at, so that reduced the pain somewhat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Thanks Surfer, it wasn't a happy time but Mrs FP and I got through it was help from the amazing people on this forum. 👍

As for racing, let's see later today because I have a 20km trail race to get through. :wink3:

Time flies when you are having fun, huh! 

• Like 1

Gotta say mate that given your injury history and the many conversations we have had over the years I honestly thought you would or could have retired a few times and no one would have begrudged you that. 

The fact you are still going and still finding ways to better yourself are a testament to your tenacity 

well done old chum I’m proud of you. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, roxii said:

Gotta say mate that given your injury history and the many conversations we have had over the years I honestly thought you would or could have retired a few times and no one would have begrudged you that. 

The fact you are still going and still finding ways to better yourself are a testament to your tenacity 

well done old chum I’m proud of you. 

Thanks mate, it means a lot. I do question it sometimes though, like today :lol:

On 05/04/2019 at 9:08 AM, truck said:

I remember that post - and was a bit stunned it was 10 years ago!!  As you say, how time flies.  To come back from that and be posting solid run and ride times is a real credit.

Thanks mate :)

I reckon returning from your back-pain, and having a shock-absorber inserted then later removed from your spine was a bigger victory Ian.  In my experience, chronic over-use type injuries are much harder to get beyond than sudden acute ones.

My thinking is that modern medicine is great at dealing with acute problems, but pretty poor when it comes to chronic issues.

• Like 1

A lot of water under the bridge since than Ian. You have come back from places I could not think of. Very proud of you.

And yes, the Green Machine's anniversary. A very solemn time for a lot of us. Also, it brought out a fantastic Trannie community spirit - where we raised ~ $10K for Mrs Chat (aka Mrs Green Machine). GSP was racing for him and we bought parts of his race. I might try and pull out the info about it.

Trannies - a great bunch.

FM 

• Like 3