goughy

What was the first show you binge watched??

For me (us) it was Lost!  We hadn't watched any of it, and a friend ended up mailing us some dvd's with the first couple of seasons.  I went to aldi and bought a cheap ass dvd player that could play avi's from dvd or usb, and watched the first season within the first week, the 2nd before the following week was over.  Jeeze I was tired at work.  If we knew how the show finale would go we might not have bothered!!

• Haha 1

Two great shows there!  24 is one of my all time favs, and Jack Bauer is the toughest mofo around....... sorry John McClane

I've never binge watched TV shows, but am currently watching all the Marvel movies in preparation for the next Avengers. Not really bingeing though, as never watching more than 1 at a time.

I have however binge-read.

I read Raymond Feist's books, from Magician through to Magician's End, over a 4 or 5 month period (30+ books). I consider that bingeing as it was an average of probably 3 hours reading a day for that time. 

I've also read the Wheel of Time Series at probably even more reading per day, to make sure I had them all fresh in mind when the final book was released.

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

My binge reading used to be Dr Who's when I was in late primary.  Could read a book a night.  Luckily, there were heaps of them at the library.

4 minutes ago, goughy said:

My binge reading used to be Dr Who's when I was in late primary.  Could read a book a night.  Luckily, there were heaps of them at the library.

In primary I remember reading every book we had at home. I can recall laying under the sheets with the torch reading long after I was supposed to be asleep. I've always been a binge reader.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goughy said:

Two great shows there!  24 is one of my all time favs, and Jack Bauer is the toughest mofo around....... sorry John McClane

You do know it’s just a TV show.......! Ie; it’s not real!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wash mouth out with soap!!!!

• Haha 1

Never really understood binge watching, seems like a massive time suck.  Somewhat related to the 10yrs ago thread on the main page, when I was laid up in bed at home, a mate brought over the first 5 seasons of Sopranos on dvd.  Didn't' binge watch as I couldn't get up to change dvds but did get through them relatively quickly over the next 6weeks.

22 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I've never binge watched TV shows, but am currently watching all the Marvel movies in preparation for the next Avengers. Not really bingeing though, as never watching more than 1 at a time.

I have however binge-read.

I read Raymond Feist's books, from Magician through to Magician's End, over a 4 or 5 month period (30+ books). I consider that bingeing as it was an average of probably 3 hours reading a day for that time. 

I've also read the Wheel of Time Series at probably even more reading per day, to make sure I had them all fresh in mind when the final book was released.

Love both those series of books.  This year I have been binge reading all the Game Of Thrones books before the last series starts (although the TV show has diverged a lot from the books).  Half way through the last book, got 8 days to finish it.

First TV show I binge watched was first series of Underbelly. It wasn't allowed to be shown in Melbourne, so everyone got a pirated copy. I think the copies were made by the people who Underbelly was about. At the time I didn't think the show was that great, but my wife and I ended up watching 5 episodes on the first night.

The other TV show was Game of Thrones. Got a copy of the first 3 series (30 episodes). I think we watch them all in about a week. Still my all-time favourite TV show and probably my favourite books as well.

19 hours ago, roxii said:

Haven’t binge watched anything. Ever. 

Me neither.  I don't have time to do many of the things that I want to do, and like FP am only ever likely to do it if I'm laid up and can't do anything else...  even then it would be a struggle.  It's not that I don't enjoy kicking back watching Telly, I just don't think I could handle wasting that much time - but then again I am currently posting on a triathlon forum :shy:.

A couple of my favourite shows however are the IT Crowd and Spicks & Specks.

5 minutes ago, Go Easy said:

Me neither.  I don't have time to do many of the things that I want to do, and like FP am only ever likely to do it if I'm laid up and can't do anything else...  even then it would be a struggle.  It's not that I don't enjoy kicking back watching Telly, I just don't think I could handle wasting that much time - but then again I am currently posting on a triathlon forum :shy:.

A couple of my favourite shows however are the IT Crowd and Spicks & Specks.

Yeah, I can't work out where folks have the time to block out these massive chunks of time.  I'll watch an episode of something or other some nights in bed on the MacBook.  Between work, kids, house and training, the time just goes.

Said it before and say it again, Black Sails is my favourite show of all time.  It seems so under the radar, that I have no idea why it's not more popular. (maybe my taste is just rubbish :lol: )

• Like 1

If you want to watch tv you’ll find the time. LOL 😂

• Haha 1

House and Gray's Anatomy, not necessarily by choice but was sharing a house with a couple of medico types so those shows were on high rotation. 

Band of Brothers probably the first that was my pick and I still go back and watch it at least once a year. 

Wouldn't say I've ever binge watched anything but we used to have family Buffy nights where we'd watch 3 or 4 episodes in a row.

Buffy is like my fav show of all time............. still in regular rotation.

I'm sick, I know it!

west wing.  then 4 years later I realised there was the final  season I hadn't watched. it was like xmas when I found out. 

• Like 1

From 1973 to present. I am still watching it after all these years. And I watched two episodes tonight on Fox...……….....

MASH

FMJ

• Like 1

Back when I was young and had cable TV, Simpson’s super Saturday was as close to regular binge watching as things got. Also the Buffy/Angel all weekend long specials. 

34 minutes ago, Flanman said:

MASH

Choice!

Really probably is the greatest show ever made.......

I've managed to keep game of thrones at arms length thus far, but my better 3/4 and I are currently bingeing on season 1 via fox on-demand 

It's pretty good...

Will & Grace, Coupling, Sex and the City. That was 3rd year law school. Not my greatest results that year.

Never binged watched either.

Nor have I ever seen

• Game of Thrones
  • Buffy
  • West Wing
  • Lost
  • Dexter
  • Breaking Bad
  • Soprano's
  • House
  • Grays Anatomy

:o

Just now, nealo said:

Nor have I ever seen

• Game of Thrones
  • Buffy
  • West Wing
  • Lost
  • Dexter
  • Breaking Bad
  • Soprano's
  • House
  • Grays Anatomy

I can match you on all those except House. 

4 hours ago, nealo said:

Nor have I ever seen

• Game of Thrones
  • Buffy
  • West Wing
  • Lost
  • Dexter
  • Breaking Bad
  • Soprano's
  • House
  • Grays Anatomy

WTF? No Buffy, no West Wing? WW is one of the best show ever produced.

Most of the rest I'm with you, GOT, 24, Lost, BB, Sopranos, GA. I think I saw one episode of Dexter and the family used to watch House.

My current do not watch list is MAFS, any cooking show and anything with 'bachelor' in the title.

6 hours ago, nealo said:

Nor have I ever seen

• Game of Thrones
  • Buffy
  • West Wing
  • Lost
  • Dexter
  • Breaking Bad
  • Soprano's
  • House
  • Grays Anatomy

I like GOT but only got into it 3yrs ago.  Like Sopranos, and have seen some of 24.  Tried BB but hated it after 4episodes.  haven't watched a minute of any of the others.

Game of thrones. Seasons 1-7. See what i did there? 

🤣

On 05/04/2019 at 6:03 PM, goughy said:

For me (us) it was Lost!  We hadn't watched any of it, and a friend ended up mailing us some dvd's with the first couple of seasons.  I went to aldi and bought a cheap ass dvd player that could play avi's from dvd or usb, and watched the first season within the first week, the 2nd before the following week was over.  Jeeze I was tired at work.  If we knew how the show finale would go we might not have bothered!!

On 08/04/2019 at 6:17 PM, trinube said:

WTF? No Buffy, no West Wing? WW is one of the best show ever produced.

My current do not watch list is MAFS, any cooking show and anything with 'bachelor' in the title.

I knew there was a great reason I thought you were a top notch bloke. West Wing is one of the best written and performed TV series in history.

• Like 1

Re the OP: I binged every season of GOT in 2 weeks and watched the last series finale as my first live episode. 

Can I change my vote.

just found Ricky Gervais After Life. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 9:03 PM, Flanman said:

From 1973 to present. I am still watching it after all these years. And I watched two episodes tonight on Fox...……….....

MASH

FMJ

I still watch Mash every night its on. Best show ever.

No chance of me ever watching GoT.... Just can't do fantasy or science fictions. I would rather watch paint dry on a slow drying day..............or would rather watch the grass grow not stop for 2-3 weeks. + I have better things to do.

Edited by IronmanFoz

36 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

I still watch Mash every night its on. Best show ever.

No chance of me ever watching GoT.... Just can't do fantasy or science fictions. I would rather watch paint dry on a slow drying day..............or would rather watch the grass grow not stop for 2-3 weeks. + I have better things to do.

Like watching mash... Haha wtf

10 hours ago, roxii said:

Can I change my vote.
just found Ricky Gervais After Life. 

Yeah, it's great.

Got through 5 episodes then today realised there is only 6 so I should have hung in a bit longer. 

Mind you I had no intention of watching more than one but Netflix just rolls the next one straight on you if you aren't quick enough to get away. 

On 18/04/2019 at 8:37 AM, roxii said:

Got through 5 episodes then today realised there is only 6 so I should have hung in a bit longer. 

Mind you I had no intention of watching more than one but Netflix just rolls the next one straight on you if you aren't quick enough to get away. 

Just binge watched the rest - room got dusty a few times...

The original underbelly series.  Being in Vic it was banned, we got a copy of the DVDs being circulated and next thing we lost a whole night

Friends came over a week later to babysit for us, they had not seen it either so we told them it was there.  Got home around midnight and they begged us to let them stay as they still had 3 episodes to go