Sign in to follow this  
Gilliga

Forster Long Course Weather!

I raced Forster Long Course on the weekend 2-60-15, the weather was interesting with wind and heavy rain, it was warm though and a non wetsuit swim. Not a bad event, the run was hilly I really liked that as it wasn't boring. Few issues, the drafting was pretty bad, people just make no effort really these days. Then the short course races over lapped the long and the run course was seriously congested as they did a really small loop rather then a 2.5 out and back and it was really tight. 

The local generally friendly and all cafe and pubs all asked if we here for the tri and super happy we were in town.

There is a lot more accommodation there then when Ironman left, it would be great to see it back in Forster one day. Sorry Port Mac, you do a great job, but Forster is the place!

• Like 1

I also raced the Ultimate on Saturday. First time racing in Forster and a few other firsts for me:

1. First Triathlon in the rain

2. First non-wetsuit swim (everything apart from my wetsuit got very wet)

3. First time I couldnt find my bike in transition - somehow or other it had fallen off the racks and was lying in the mud. Didn't make for a good transition time

Aside from the mosquito invasion before the race started (is that normal in Forster?) I had a fantastic time and would go back. And of course the weather cleared up after the race so had an enjoyable recovery eating and drinking around town for the afternoon.

• Like 1

Agree on the mosquito, that was crazy! They must have loved all those shaved  legs showing up for their breakfast buffet

Biggest mosquitos I’ve ever seen live in the public toilets at Forster Keys. I reckon 30mm tip to tip.

• Like 1