Sign in to follow this  
TriGuy

Melbourne Cyclist killed out training

they panic. are dumb/dont care.  and prepared to take their chances

This is H's friend, mentioned in another post.

To avoid being tested for drugs and alcohol would be the main reason - he would have to know they will identify him from his vehicle but he would have been hoping to hide out for a couple of days. To me it shows the opposite of panic, it is calculated and callous. Reminiscent of Eugene McGee. 

Mere speculation of course... 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The MPTC club held a wake at there club rooms on Sunday. it was great to see such unity in the club, as it could have easily been anyone of us. 1 minute silence was held before the St Kilda race. RIP Michelle😰

• Like 1

I remember that section of road :( first time I rode to Frankston I followed some others, they took us down Station St instead. 

RIP Michelle.

17 hours ago, MissJess said:

I remember that section of road :( first time I rode to Frankston I followed some others, they took us down Station St instead. 

RIP Michelle.

I live 5km from the incident and often use Station St if there is significant traffic on Nepean Hwy. But this happened at 5:40am on a weekday heading away from the city. Very little traffic in that direction at that time of the morning.  Very disturbing

• Like 1

https://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/story/5836902/road-rager-who-ran-cyclist-off-the-road-cops-correctional-order/

Was talking to the cyclists Mum today.  She said if her son had not been young & agile (ex-gymnast) who was able to twist his body, get his feet out of the cleats & jump off as he realised impact was imminent, he'd have been under the Jeep with the bike.  His sister who was with him (top ranked MTB cyclist) said she'd not have been able to jump off like her brother did.  Another rider with them got between Beard and the cyclist as Beard had lost the plot and he thought he was going to punch him.  Even the motorists wife was screaming at Beard "WTF have you done!".

The legal result - 200hrs community service, anger mangt and marriage counselling.

If he'd pulled a gun, fired but missed, it would be attempted murder.  Do the same in your vehicle and  actually hit, it's a cake walk.

• Sad 2