BogFrog

Wollongong Triathlon

I've seen this mentioned in a few threads so decided to put up a post and see who's going.  I haven't raced all season but will enter the Oly if the foot behaves.

Who's in?  And how will I recognise any of you? 

I'm in for the Oly. >55 old farts wave. Will have my Trannie cap on and surrounded by Greenpeace near the water.

Always say hello to anyone with an Trannie cap.

FM 

• Like 2

Right, I'm officially in for the Oly!  I'll likely be wearing a white top with pink retro diamond shapes on the front, white shoes 🤮 and black shorts - no trannie cap though...  

Elite Energy did the upgrade from my missed Husky Sprint entry - easy peasy.  They really are pretty awesome 😊

Fingers crossed the foot behaves and I manage to stay upright on the bike! 

• Like 1

On 29/03/2019 at 2:37 PM, MissJess said:

Oly - F40-44 - looks like that is one less point for me :( 

27 minutes ago, BogFrog said:

Right, I'm officially in for the Oly!  I'll likely be wearing a white top with pink retro diamond shapes on the front, white shoes 🤮 and black shorts - no trannie cap though...  

Elite Energy did the upgrade from my missed Husky Sprint entry - easy peasy.  They really are pretty awesome 😊

Fingers crossed the foot behaves and I manage to stay upright on the bike! 

I dont think Miss Jess's fingers are crossed.... 🤣

• Haha 1

I'm just gonna go in like I did for Victor Harbor and expect more than 25 in my AG which means no points for me. I got 4 points as people in my AG did not show up 🤣

He's not publishing the qualifier start lists anymore. Guess I will know in a couple of weeks if I get to actually do something at Lausanne in August/September, rather than just sit around and drink 🤣

24 minutes ago, MissJess said:

. Guess I will know in a couple of weeks if I get to actually do something at Lausanne in August/September, rather than just sit around and drink 🤣

Sounds like you cant lose with those options? :)

NSF

• Like 1

Whenever I've done this in the past I've driven down from Sydney in the morning.  I'm considering getting room this time...  Any recommendations?  What are you all doing?

I live near Camden so I drive down. It takes about 45 minutes. I get there early and have a nice close parking spot.

FM 

30 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Staying down there, looking at a half day Friday.

I'll *cough* work from home on Friday...  Just trying to find someone to look after my cats for the night & morning. And then to find some accommodation for 3

Has anyone received the wave start times ? I cannot find.

Cheers

FM

I was going to but I'm too cheap to pay that kinda dosh for a sprint race (late entry was $150 I think). 

I'm an hour after Mr BogFrog so no chance of catching him. We were hoping to be on the course at the same time to yell obscenities at each other. Ah well

• Haha 1

I'll be there, late start for the standard.

13 hours ago, willie said:

I was going to but I'm too cheap to pay that kinda dosh for a sprint race (late entry was $150 I think). 

The real reason is there's a more competitive field in the ladies so you've got no chance of a podium right...?

• Haha 2

On 11/04/2019 at 6:32 AM, pieman said:

The real reason is there's a more competitive field in the ladies so you've got no chance of a podium right...?

Come on, I beat those ladies/girls fair and square (Ella in 2nd place is 16 I think). 

• Haha 1

The Standard bike ride will be..well, interesting. Four laps on the bike. Not much time to get away in 5 kms before you turn around - that's seven turns in all. As usual, I will be yelling/swearing at drafting cheaters along the way. I might have to yell at myself if the road get's too busy.

FM

Edited by Flanman

There are a few turns and corners as far as I remember - could end up quite technical which doesn't suit me atm as I've lost my bottle...

Yeah the donuts are coming down. Although the work mates have offered some assistance in eating them 😂

My bike choice is fine. Theres enough TT room there, just. Lucky theres no sheep stations on this one for me, that course looks ripe for some DQs.

Drafting 😂

10km of road, and a lot of people out there at the same time. I think National Qualifiers are one infringement and you are out. Trying to verify that, but I'm sure I have heard them mention it.

Mens 55-59 in the standard will be interesting - according to the TA Worlds site it is the only age group that has too many applicants for spots on the team, so they will be going for sheep stations.

Edited by MissJess

8 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Drafting 😂

10km of road, and a lot of people out there at the same time. I think National Qualifiers are one infringement and you are out. Trying to verify that, but I'm sure I have heard them mention it.

Mens 55-59 in the standard will be interesting - according to the TA Worlds site it is the only age group that has too many applicants for spots on the team, so they will be going for sheep stations.

Junior ranks.......

FM

Conditions were absolutely perfect. The swim course was a little confusing to start but was all good in the end - as flat as a pool. It got a little busy out on the bike course towarss the end but i didnt see any blatant drafting.

I had  a good race - great when you consider it's my first race all seaon and my lack of running. Saw Jess on the run and bumped into her at the end.  Didn't see any other trannies as I just don't know who they are!

• Like 4

A very good morning. I thought it would be congested in the Standard due to the laps however it was really quiet. The sprint was another issue.

Best conditions for a race. Water was nice with a wettie swim, road was smooth as with the run OK.

Glen Gorrick grabbed a podium in the 55-59. Talked with Gregb and also a bit of a bike slap with Jess.

Lots of people later.

FM

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 1

I had an ok swim, lost two minutes on the bike with a funny mechanical but the rest was good plus an average run. It was a good day though and what I expected.

that is the last time I am in that AG. Up to the senior ranks now  

FM

Edited by Flanman
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BogFrog said:

bumped into her at the end.  

You gotta watch where you're going! :D

Top 2 for Jess ;)

Funny mechanical? Was that the butt slap I got on the bike @Flanman :lol:

I rode right over a co2 canister. Thank god no damage! Not a bad race for me, moved to Athena as no points needed, picked up 2nd out of 3. I was mostly beaten in the swim and run. Thats expected, I was holding back, Port is in 3 weeks :wacko:

• Like 1