Gundy

KickR Sufferfest issues

I'm currently having some issues with power drops when I'm doing Sufferfest workouts on my Gen 1 KickR trainer.

Signal is getting transmitted on Ant+ through dongle plugged into USB extension to MacBook. Software is all up to date and Sufferfest have sent me a new unreleased version of their app to try and fix the problem (it hasn't).

My question is whether it's possible to get power drops because the dongle and/or USB extension cord get a bug/problem. I think they are ok because HR and cadence don't get the same issue but how would I test them to be sure? . I keep coming back to the App as the problem but nothing seems to be fixing it so now clutching at straws.

It's driving me mad! Any suggestions?

Join Zwift for a free trial and see if u get drop outs, if u don't then you know it's probably the Sufferfest software. Can you not use Bluetooth instead of Ant+?

Edited by zed

1 hour ago, zed said:

Join Zwift for a free trial and see if u get drop outs, if u don't then you know it's probably the Sufferfest software. Can you not use Bluetooth instead of Ant+?

Yes probably need to try it out on Zwift and see what happens. I didn't think Gen 1 Kickrs had Bluetooth?

1 hour ago, Notsofast said:

New bike? :)  Just getting in first, now you can get on with sensible answers

NSF

Ha ha - It is a new bike!! Maybe that's the problem .......

1 hour ago, Gundy said:

Yes probably need to try it out on Zwift and see what happens. I didn't think Gen 1 Kickrs had Bluetooth?

They do(well, mine does)

1 hour ago, Gundy said:

Bluetooth and Ant+ as far as I know.

Is your Ant+ stick reasonably close to the Kickr, I believe that if you have them too far apart then you may experience dropouts. I have a Macbook Pro with an Ant+ stick about 1m away from my Kickr and I have no issues on Zwift.  

Well I borrowed a different USB dongle and did a workout this morning and had no drops. Swapped halfway through the workout back to the old dongle and still had no dropouts. 

All appears to be working as it's meant to.

I don't know what was going on but hopefully whatever little gremlin had crept into the system has now departed again.