willie

Public Service Anouncement - Garmin 935

Yeah I'm a retailer and I can't even buy em at this price wholesale... 

garmin 935 $449 and 235 $249 at Rebel Sport now! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bought a 235 at $249 at Rebel a bit over a year ago. First time I have seen them this cheap since then.

I am up for a new Garmin as my 920XT is on the way out, JB has a Fenix 5 for $449 which is the same price as the 935 at Rebel.

Does or has anyone used the Fenix 5 for a triathlon or would recommend one over the other?

I think the resident ex owner/ocean swimmer/kayak paddler was complaining about his Fenix 5 recently. 

I think some of the f5 models won't have the same battery life.  There are I think 3 X F5 models with only the dearest ones having the liner battery life.  So just check that out.

5 minutes ago, Tyno said:

I think the resident ex owner/ocean swimmer/kayak paddler was complaining about his Fenix 5 recently. 

Mine is a Fenix 3 so may not be applicable. 

Maybe I was looking for excuses to upgrade. :lol: 

they're basically the same thing... the fenix just has a metal bezel. Personally I prefer the 935 because it's just a bit lighter.

• Like 1

I've got the fenix 5, I wear it all the time and use it for tri's,

It is a bit bulky and sometimes get caught on my wetsuit sleeve when trying to take it off.

Personally I think the fenix 5 looks better as a day to day watch, and I think the 935 is a better sports watch as it is lighter

Cheers all, it’s the 935 for me given it’s a smaller and lighter unit, battery life listed on the 935 for me is a winner. Looked at a Fenix 5 yesterday and yep too big and chunky to race with. Had not thought about it getting caught on my wetsuit...

I have a F5 and love it. battery life is way better than expected (maybe I just had low expectations 😂. No issues racing with it and a great everyday watch.

NSF

Thanks for sharing Willie. A lot of people who own their own store would not advertise the fact that they can get an item somewhere else cheaper. Good on you.

1 hour ago, Cranky said:

Thanks for sharing Willie. A lot of people who own their own store would not advertise the fact that they can get an item somewhere else cheaper. Good on you.

Disclaimer. I bought my 935 for $399 at rebel sport last time they had a sale 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ironnerd said:

Yeah sooner than you think too.

However it'll be more expensive then the last iteration and you pretty much already know what features it'll have trickle down from the Fenix series. I'm not sure what else I need though? 

I think the 735 might be dead in the water now and we'll have two versions of the 945 with/without music. 

Lordy, I almost thought I was going to 'need' another watch. Phew, I don't need the trickle down options so I am lucky. 

Was thinking of a VA3M at Xmas, didn't bite.  May have been a reason.......