roxii

What do you not "get"?

I dont get people waiting in line at midnight to see a movie about superheroes and hyping movies up to be bigger than the moon landing...

25 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:
  1. Captain America: The First Avenger – This movie essentially introduces the concept of superheroes and takes place decades before any other movie. Watch it first.
  2. Captain Marvel: Although this movie just came out in 2019, it sits early in the Marvel timeline and I think it’s appropriate to watch it before the rest of the movies. Click here for our spoiler-free movie review!
  3. Iron Man
  4. Iron Man 2
  5. The Incredible Hulk: You could skip this one if you’re short on time. Probably the weakest of all Marvel movies.
  6. Thor
  7. The Avengers
  8. Iron Man 3
  9. Thor: The Dark World
  10. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  11. Guardians of the Galaxy
  12. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  13. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  14. Ant-Man
  15. Doctor Strange
  16. Captain America: Civil War
  17. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  18. Thor: Ragnarok
  19. Black Panther
  20. Avengers: Infinity War
  21. Ant-Man and the Wasp: If you’re short on time, you could skip this movie, too. It doesn’t add a lot to the Avengers story line. It takes place before Avengers: Infinity War, but you should watch it after because the post-credits scene will give away spoilers.

The Russo brothers (Avengers directors) out out a list of what the deemed the must sees of you wanna catch up; it only listed about 6 or 7 of the movies!

You can watch them in chronological order based on the period they're set in, but that also busts a few little crossovers, like Fury's eye.  Put IM 1 and 2 first, skip Hulk, then Thor and cap USA.  I wouldn't skip Ant man and the wasp as it does have stuff that is expected to be in Endgame, probably more than just the after credits scene.  I'd keep cap marvel last.

12 minutes ago, pieman said:

I dont get people waiting in line at midnight to see a movie about superheroes and hyping movies up to be bigger than the moon landing...

Nobody waits in line at midnight unless they are doing it for the social aspect. Tickets have been for sale online for weeks.

Bloke out riding y'day with his 2 young daughters aged abut 5 & 7.

Not a helmet in sight, heading off the bike path and onto the road.

Felt like saying 'FFS mate, at least put a helmet on the kids'.....but I just natural selection take it's course these days.

2 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Felt like saying 'FFS mate, at least put a helmet on the kids'.....but I just natural selection take it's course these days.

I'm the same now too.  Same with people walking on roads staring at phones.  fark them.  if a car runs a red light and hits them, stiff sh1t. 

3 hours ago, Peter said:

I'm the same now too.  Same with people walking on roads staring at phones.  fark them.  if a car runs a red light and hits them, stiff sh1t. 

Not sure why cars running red lights and killing people is ok if the victim is legally looking at their phone crossing at a designated crossing with a green light. Seems a bit OTT. 

6 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Back when I was in school we were pretty much the only kids in town who wore helmets on our bikes. All those kids survived.

We should be applauding a parent being active with their kids. 

I don’t get why some guy did this.  Other than it was in Brisbane. 

F8D3B6E7-C55B-4579-B174-DCE0CA85A67F.png

• Confused 1

Is 'well fed' the new politically correct way of calling someone fat?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Tyno said:

Back when I was in school we were pretty much the only kids in town who wore helmets on our bikes. All those kids survived.

We should be applauding a parent being active with their kids. 

Yeah, you're right it is good he's got the kids out doing something.  I really notice it now as I lost a good mate in Canberra a few years back who's handlebars failed, he hit his head on the kerb and never woke up.  And he DID have a helmet on, so it makes me think how easy you can die without one.

• Sad 1

I dont get why people in my street have to get their lawn mower out & cut the grass every f.... public holiday. Even Christmas Day. One dude cuts his twice a day sometimes !!!!!

Lawn mowers,  strimmers / wipper snippers & leaf blowers should be kept in the shed on all public holidays

Rant over.

A cuppa & hot cross bun will  make me feel better

I'm waiting till tomorrow, or maybe Sunday.  

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I dont get why people in my street have to get their lawn mower out & cut the grass every f.... public holiday. Even Christmas Day. One dude cuts his twice a day sometimes !!!!!

Lawn mowers,  strimmers / wipper snippers & leaf blowers should be kept in the shed on all public holidays

Rant over.

Because for a lot of people its the only day off that doesn't conflict with kids sport and the shops being open.

PS: if he's new to the neighbourhood tell him there is an agreed arrangement in the street that no mowers on Sundays or Public Holidays.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, goughy said:

I'm waiting till tomorrow, or maybe Sunday.  

Dont wait Goughy, make a cuppa now & enjoy a delicious hot  cross bun. Im a traditionalist, no chocolate ones or fruitless for me 😉😊😊

2 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Because for a lot of people its the only day off that doesn't conflict with kids sport and the shops being open.

PS: if he's new to the neighbourhood tell him there is an agreed arrangement in the street that no mowers on Sundays or Public Holidays.

Youre talking sense ... is that allowed ??  😊😊

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Dont wait Goughy, make a cuppa now & enjoy a delicious hot  cross bun. Im a traditionalist, no chocolate ones or fruitless for me 😉😊😊

I don’t get all the different types of hot cross bun.  Asked for a pack of hot cross buns at the bakery yesterday and the girl wanted to know what type.  I said, the plain ones.  She offered me some without sultanas, so I modified my request asking for traditional  ones.  Finally found a packet under all the chocolate, apple, and salted caramel- salted caramel 🤦‍♀️ ??!!??.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Rant over.

I got out & mowed the bottom 1/4 acre of our block this morning because we have rain forecast for the rest of the week, and that section gets too boggy to mow after rain. 

Low & behold, we just had a storm go through, and water was flowing across that section, so I'm glad I did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

Nah, ended up working for half the day, then collapsed in a ball on the bed in front of Lucifer, while others were watching Grey's. Friggin exhausted from that piddley little ride this morning.

• Like 1

I don't get how these days, when you buy a game (Xbox, PC etc) you then seem to need to spend a further fortune on it!  I can't fathom how much of my son's pocket money goes into it, and I see nothing from it?

But I've never been into games, so I guess I just don't get it....

Ppl who bitch about Ironman & the cost but are happy to pay $900 for an Olympic distance + $$$$ for an ugly uniform. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

Rant over.

This is one thing I noticed when I moved to Oz. In general, Aussies are much earlier to rise and earlier to bed.

When I moved to the UK I’d finished a ride before 9am one the only place I could get a coffee was freakin’ Wetherspoons. :lol:

• Haha 1

I remember my wife trekking me about what time they'd head out for dinner when she was living in Holland!  I'd be ready to head home by then.

1 hour ago, Bored@work said:

Ppl who bitch about Ironman & the cost but are happy to pay $900 for an Olympic distance + $$$$ for an ugly uniform. 

Nasty.

10 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Why is it nasty? Because I said the uniform is ugly? 

Sorry but the T-shirt looks ugly 

The personal dig you're having is quite obvious.

6 hours ago, AA7 said:

The personal dig you're having is quite obvious.

You’re wrong. If I was having a personal dig I would use that persons name. 

I also can’t justify flying all that way for a 3hrish race. If I was to do it I would try & line up four or so races after the race. It’s a long way to haul a bike & all your gear.

I also don’t get nasty on this forum. Believe me if I did I would be banned straight away. 

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

You’re wrong. If I was having a personal dig I would use that persons name. 

I also can’t justify flying all that way for a 3hrish race. If I was to do it I would try & line up four or so races after the race. It’s a long way to haul a bike & all your gear.

I also don’t get nasty on this forum. Believe me if I did I would be banned straight away. 

Ok.

But, 3hrs?? 😝

what's wrong with 3hrs?  Now is aa7 having a go at me??  I'm assuming if they don't fill an age group, anyone that did a qualifying race and put their hands up to make the required donation could go?  I'd do it in a heartbeat if I could afford it.  One of my mates is doing it, but it's chump change for him.

I don’t get why the shops have to close Friday AND Sunday.

10 minutes ago, Rog said:

I don’t get why the shops have to close Friday AND Sunday.

I don't get why people have to stock up so much before Easter (you should have seen the shops on Thursday) just because the next day the shop is closed.

My daughter works in retail (women's fashion) and their store made over double what they do on a normal Saturday today. I mean, can people not plan around a shop being shut 3 days in the month?

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen

The shops were insane today!  And groceries etc are open tomorrow anyway.  I didn't realise this, but it appears technically today was a public holiday up here too.  I thought it was a normal Saturday.  Because of that the supermarket my daughter works at was opening from 9 to 6 instead of the usual 8 to 6.  They had their roller doors down until 9, but had people banging on them from just after 8 this morning, some very irate and angry and demanding to be let in just to get a few things.

3 hours ago, AA7 said:

Ok.

But, 3hrs?? 😝

I was going to say 4hrs but thought that might have been misinterpreted. Then I thought 2hrs could be aswell. So I went 3hrs to be safe. 

I wonder how the track sprinters feel. All that travel to an event for an 11 sec race.

I don't get the discrimination of races based on duration.  Why not discriminate on speed - all that way (and cost) just to swim, bike and run so slowly.

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

I wonder how the track sprinters feel. All that travel to an event for an 11 sec race.

I don't get the discrimination of races based on duration.  Why not discriminate on speed - all that way (and cost) just to swim, bike and run so slowly.

I don't mean to sound elitist or anything in this, but if you are "racing" then it doesn't matter the distance, but I think what he's trying to say is that if he is going to "participate" in an event, then you may as well get more for it.

And for the record, I always preferred OD races myself.

10 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I don't mean to sound elitist or anything in this, but if you are "racing" then it doesn't matter the distance, but I think what he's trying to say is that if he is going to "participate" in an event, then you may as well get more for it.

And for the record, I always preferred OD races myself.

Ex is right. Might mates in the USA have shifted focus to racing 70.3 & I couldn’t be assed flying all that way to race a half. 

1 hour ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

How f*@#ing sandflies can bite you when you're doing 20kmh thru the forest on your MTB 🤬

I've had leaches latch on to me doing 50+km/h down the far side of Mt Mee in the rain. To be fair, they probably flicked up off the wheels, but that never stopped them sucking blood out of me.

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I've had leaches latch on to me doing 50+km/h down the far side of Mt Mee in the rain. To be fair, they probably flicked up off the wheels, but that never stopped them sucking blood out of me.

Mt Mee?  Could have been worse, could have been a Yo Yo loaf wot stuck to you !

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 6:44 AM, IronmanFoz said:

GoT spoiler alert. Peter Dinklage suffers a devastating death in episode 3 or 4. Apparently one of the worst deaths in cinematography history according to my spies.

Did this ever eventuate? just checking!

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 6:58 AM, pieman said:

No point watching anymore.  You've ruined it.  Thanks for nothing

How did it go Pieman?