roxii

What do you not "get"?

14 minutes ago, roxii said:

Happy Birthday mate.

Have a good one. 

Cheers  mate.

10 minutes ago, Tyno said:

I did not get an invite to FatPoms birthday party. 

Nor did I :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FatPom said:

Cheers  mate.

Nor did I :lol:

I live in the same country and am supposedly one of his mates ... and I didn't either!!!

Happy Birthday Mate.

• Haha 3

On 02/04/2019 at 8:03 PM, Surfer said:

I dont get the anti-vaccination crowd 

Mundine has come out against vaccination....... 

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, goughy said:

Surely the greatest pro vaccination motivator ever.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, goughy said:

Sometimes I think all those f*head murdering despots we've had over the years might have been onto something - they just got the selection process wrong.

Anti vaccinators can **** off. My kids school has whooping cough, Uni student spreading measles in Sydney and the Hunter, babies dying from measles in Australian hospitals. 

Stupid people can do what they want when it only affects their own stupid lives. When they endanger their own kids, and especially others by listening to some dullard footballers wife or similar ill informed mouthpiece they should be made to watch a child die of whooping cough instead of posting unicorn farts, mungbean and activated almond bullshit.

I unfriended some stupid woman who posted against vaccination last week on FB, saying "Do your own research". Meaning a google search. Not a career in medical science, immunology, epidemiology or public health. If you are anti vax, or plan on voting for Anning in the election, just let me know and you can join her.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, XCOM.! said:

Sometimes I think all those f*head murdering despots we've had over the years might have been onto something - they just got the selection process wrong.

Bit much mate. Anti vaxxers are idiots and can get in the sea as far as I'm concerned but murdering them is a tad too far.  

Edited by monkie

6 hours ago, monkie said:

Bit much mate. Anti vaxxers are idiots and can get in the sea as far as I'm concerned but murdering them is a tad too far.  

I agree, let’s sentence them to a life with polio

I think my kids are missing the joy my parents felt by having friends who had their legs in irons!  It's literally only taken a generation for people to forget what that was like!  One generation for people to become idiots again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, goughy said:

I think my kids are missing the joy my parents felt by having friends who had their legs in irons!  It's literally only taken a generation for people to forget what that was like!  One generation for people to become idiots again!

that's absolutely the point. Unfortunately the internet gives a voice to those who are too dumb to have written a book in the 70's when these diseases were eradicated. Stupid people with a means of transmitting their misguided, ignorant and just plain incorrect views. I blame Big Vegan for this.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Parkside said:

Anti vaccinators can **** off. My kids school has whooping cough, Uni student spreading measles in Sydney and the Hunter, babies dying from measles in Australian hospitals. 

Stupid people can do what they want when it only affects their own stupid lives. When they endanger their own kids, and especially others by listening to some dullard footballers wife or similar ill informed mouthpiece they should be made to watch a child die of whooping cough instead of posting unicorn farts, mungbean and activated almond bullshit.

I unfriended some stupid woman who posted against vaccination last week on FB, saying "Do your own research". Meaning a google search. Not a career in medical science, immunology, epidemiology or public health. If you are anti vax, or plan on voting for Anning in the election, just let me know and you can join her.

Celery juice cures everything

2 minutes ago, The Customer said:

Celery juice cures everything

applied to which orifice? I can't keep up.

#cleanse #blessed

2 hours ago, Parkside said:

applied to which orifice? I can't keep up.

#cleanse #blessed

Can it be used as an anal bleaching product?

32 minutes ago, trilobite said:

Can it be used as an anal bleaching product?

It would certainly be better than Beetroot Juice, which would cause all sorts of concerns to anybody seeing the end result.

I don't get why people are getting so excited about Game of Thrones. 

Seriously its a fantasy TV show.  Its like its another moon landing eh way grown people are carrying on. 

Id love to do a spoiler if I could be arsed watching it. 

I've been on the set and played dress ups, and still haven't watched an episode. 

A583D9F4-727E-401A-BAD9-6E5C5618871E.jpeg

• Thanks 2

I think it's knowing its the last season Roxii

I didnt start watching until about the 4th series was out.  So I was behind from the start.

You should Binge watch it.  HAHA

12 minutes ago, Peter said:

But then again:

But of course, this isn't strictly the end. There's one spin-off, or prequel as Martin likes to call it, currently in the works and four more pilot scripts in development.

The greenlit series is reportedly called The Long Night – though Martin did say on his blog that it "is officially untitled" at the moment – and is apparently a White Walker origin story set thousands of years before Game of Thrones as we currently know it.

And there's apparently another one set 100 years before GoT.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I didnt start watching until about the 4th series was out.  So I was behind from the start.

You should Binge watch it.  HAHA

Today I have just started reading GOT, the book. It's a little bit daunting knowing I have another 6 books to read.  Plus maybe 2 more books that are yet to be written, to catch up to the TV series. Though I think George RR Martin may die before he completes the books.

And then after the books I might have a look at the show. 

GoT spoiler alert. Peter Dinklage suffers a devastating death in episode 3 or 4. Apparently one of the worst deaths in cinematography history according to my spies.

• Haha 1

No point watching anymore.  You've ruined it.  Thanks for nothing

11 hours ago, pieman said:

No point watching anymore.  You've ruined it.  Thanks for nothing

Lol...... Don’t cry All is ok!

Dinklage is the only person I know who is in it,. I have never watched it and never likely too. But good to see you took the bait. 

Per the title of this thread....what do I not get............ that would be GoT, but then again as said above...... never watched. It’s not on free to air!

2 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Lol...... Don’t cry All is ok!

Dinklage is the only person I know who is in it,. I have never watched it and never likely too. But good to see you took the bait. 

We really need a pink font..

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, IronmanFoz said:

Per the title of this thread....what do I not get............ that would be GoT, but then again as said above...... never watched. It’s not on free to air!

I wonder how many people that hate spoilers, watch the shows more than once? 

• Like 1

On 15/04/2019 at 1:16 PM, flathead said:

Today I have just started reading GOT, the book. It's a little bit daunting knowing I have another 6 books to read.  Plus maybe 2 more books that are yet to be written, to catch up to the TV series. Though I think George RR Martin may die before he completes the books.

And then after the books I might have a look at the show. 

I would recommend watching the show first and then reading the books. There are so many characters it is impossible to keep track of who is who. Watching the show allows you to put faces to names which makes it easier to remember (at least for me).

After the first series the show moves further and further away from the books. So they almost become 2 different stories.

So far Martin has released 6 books, but the 3rd and 4th books were Book 3 part 1 and Book 3 part 2 (6th book is called Book 5). The last book was published in 2011. Meaning he has not released another book since the show started. Must be difficult having to deal with so much fame and distractions. I suspect the remaining books may end up being completed by someone else.

1 hour ago, roxii said:

I wonder how many people that hate spoilers, watch the shows more than once? 

I hate spoilers and I've watched every GoT episode 4 or 5 times

Why petrol up at my place is 20c cheaper than petrol in Brisbane?

But I like it!

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

I hate spoilers and I've watched every GoT episode 4 or 5 times

So how does that work?? 

Do you go out and give yourself concussion before re-watching the series so as not to spoil the ending the next time?? 

I dont get kids (teens mainly) wearing socks as "outerwear" 

Ive seen them at the shops, walking the streets even in the wet just getting around in their socks. 

WTF is the go with that?? 

People living their lives and judging others on the basis of a made up book. Then hiding behind a freedom of speech defence.

bolt and jones defending the right to attack someone behind a religious freedom of speech defence.

the number of people who are defending this

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

About 60% of my town would be!  

• Like 1

People who make less than 100 k believing trickle down economics works for them.

that either side of politics has any real control over our economy

people lauding a mine collapse as good economic management 

heralding economic settings due to come in in 8 years 

People advising working parents on not wanting it enough in their training. Suggesting they have done this in the most oppressive of situations while the evidence indicates they don’t have a family

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Ive seen them at the shops, walking the streets even in the wet just getting around in their socks. 

This must be a sydney thing.  I haven't seen it down here.  YET.

9 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

People advising working parents on not wanting it enough in their training. Suggesting they have done this in the most oppressive of situations while the evidence indicates they don’t have a family

Bang on

43 minutes ago, BarryBevan said:

People living their lives and judging others on the basis of a made up book. Then hiding behind a freedom of speech defence.

bolt and jones defending the right to attack someone behind a religious freedom of speech defence.

the number of people who are defending this

I thought jonesy was just defending it to throw people off the scent of the rumors about him..

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Peter said:

This must be a sydney thing.  I haven't seen it down here.  YET.

Bang on

That's because Melbourne is 3 years behind Sydney.

Adelaide should see the fashion in 15 years.

2 hours ago, roxii said:

So how does that work?? 

Do you go out and give yourself concussion before re-watching the series so as not to spoil the ending the next time?? 

I've watched Stars Wars, Raiders of the Lost Arc, Flying High and numerous other films more times than I can remember.

As for GoT, there are so many characters, so many details, you either miss or forget them. Each time I re-watch an episode I pick up small things I missed, and other things I forgot about.

Edited by Rob

I’ve seen die hard 20 times.  Will see another 20 easy. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pieman said:

I thought jonesy was just defending it to throw people off the scent of the rumors about him..

Jonesy doesn't give a rats.... He answer to no one.....

2 hours ago, roxii said:

Teens today who wear "cotton' undies under there boardies and have the boardies so low they need to advertised 'Bonds" etc.

Do they not know that Sluggo's are cool. They are back baby!!!

And cotton undies....don't dry too well when wearing them under boardshorts.

1 hour ago, goughy said:

About 60% of my town would be!  

Time to find a new town!!!

11 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Jonesy doesn't give a rats.... He answer to no one.....

he'll have to answer to Jesus...

14 minutes ago, Rob said:

I've watched Stars Wars, Raiders of the Lost Arc, Flying High and numerous other films more times than I can remember.

As for GoT, there are so many characters, so many details, you either miss or forget them. Each time I re-watch an episode I pick up small things I missed, and other things I forgot about.

I'm rewatching all the Marvel movies in preparation for End Game. I'm picking up so many links between them that I never noticed first time.

Yeah, there's lots of sneaky stuff.  They really planned out the last 10 years, that's for sure!  While the DC movies have made good money, the Marvel machine has left them for dead.  The latest little thing that's popped up is in the Thor movie.  I think it's in the coffee shop when Darcy takes Thor's photo.  A bit later on Dr Selvigg has a faked ID for Thor, and the pic on the ID is the one Darcy took of him.

38 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

Time to find a new town!!!

Wish I could, but apart from the ultra conservative nature of it it's a beautiful place.  The local mosque has been set alight twice so far, and it's only been a mosque for a few years (previously a Catholic church).

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I'm rewatching all the Marvel movies in preparation for End Game. I'm picking up so many links between them that I never noticed first time.

Is there an order to watch them in?

24 minutes ago, Peter said:

Is there an order to watch them in?

1. Captain America: The First Avenger – This movie essentially introduces the concept of superheroes and takes place decades before any other movie. Watch it first.
  2. Captain Marvel: Although this movie just came out in 2019, it sits early in the Marvel timeline and I think it’s appropriate to watch it before the rest of the movies. Click here for our spoiler-free movie review!
  3. Iron Man
  4. Iron Man 2
  5. The Incredible Hulk: You could skip this one if you’re short on time. Probably the weakest of all Marvel movies.
  6. Thor
  7. The Avengers
  8. Iron Man 3
  9. Thor: The Dark World
  10. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  11. Guardians of the Galaxy
  12. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  13. Avengers: Age of Ultron
  14. Ant-Man
  15. Doctor Strange
  16. Captain America: Civil War
  17. Spider-Man: Homecoming
  18. Thor: Ragnarok
  19. Black Panther
  20. Avengers: Infinity War
  21. Ant-Man and the Wasp: If you’re short on time, you could skip this movie, too. It doesn’t add a lot to the Avengers story line. It takes place before Avengers: Infinity War, but you should watch it after because the post-credits scene will give away spoilers.