Jump to content
goughy

Thoughts to our kiwi Bros!

Recommended Posts

Nasty stuff going on in Christchurch!  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, roxii said:

They have an Aussie white supremacist in custody 

Fark i hope you are wrong. As in an aussie. 

Edited by Peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peter said:

Fark i hope you are wrong. As in an aussie. 

A gunman has opened fire at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, with multiple people confirmed dead. The man suspected of being involved in the mass shooting, Brenton Tarrant, says he was born in Australia.

He live streamed it too!! 

The news is showing edited footage of him tooling up and walking towards the Mosque

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The news earlier read out a supposed manifesto from the shooter; seemed lots of talk of white Europeans, and white countries and taking them back or something?  Does he even realise who owned that country a few hundred years ago.  Racist white trash, and we and the news should do talking about him so he doesn't get the notoriety he's after.  We should make sure he becomes a blip and no one ever remembers who he was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wifey says there are 4, supposedly white supremists involved.  Multiple IED's have been found on cars!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeezus, just friggin awful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scott Morrison has confirmed that an Australian born citizen is in custody after the shootings in NZ.

A terrible, tragic day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some seriously farked up humans. 

Cant believe the police didnt blow them away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately the police in nz are not armed as standard so probably couldn't figure out how to use their weapons anyway..

Facebook lived it the dickhead.. worse still is that it went viral on YouTube and even the heavily blacked out versions are attracting lots of sympathetic comments from other fruit loops.. . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ironnerd said:

NZ PM has confirmed 40 dead.

A terrible nightmare.

I hate to say it, but this will reinforce the US resolve that if people had been armed the toll wouldn't have been so high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I hate to say it, but this will reinforce the US resolve that if people had been armed the toll wouldn't have been so high.

Like you I do not understand this point of view. The US has one of the highest gun ownership rates in the world. Yet shooting and mass shootings are a daily occurrence in the US.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I hate to say it, but this will reinforce the US resolve that if people had been armed the toll wouldn't have been so high.

Even if everyone had a gun, I doubt anyone in a church would have one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Peter said:

Even if everyone had a gun, I doubt anyone in a church would have one. 

You haven't been to America, have you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, roxii said:

They have an Aussie white supremacist in custody 

And one in the Senate as well it appears.  Surely we have a code of conduct on our pollies we can expel that dimwit on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

And one in the Senate as well it appears.  Surely we have a code of conduct on our pollies we can expel that dimwit on

I'm assuming this was Fraser Anning?  Waleed just read some words that were printed on Australian Parliamentary letterhead that sound like they belonged in the murderers letterhead, but he refused to say who they were from!

Edit to add: I already thought he was gutter trash, and he more than confirmed it!  **** me I can't believe anyone would write that, let alone an Australian (a close neighbour to NZ), and even more so a ****ing politician!  This ****witt needs to be handed his are and booted now!  I can't fathom he is a representative of our country.  **** him off now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goughy said:

I'm assuming this was Fraser Anning?  Waleed just read some words that were printed on Australian Parliamentary letterhead that sound like they belonged in the murderers letterhead, but he refused to say who they were from!

Edit to add: I already thought he was gutter trash, and he more than confirmed it!  **** me I can't believe anyone would write that, let alone an Australian (a close neighbour to NZ), and even more so a ****ing politician!  This ****witt needs to be handed his are and booted now!  I can't fathom he is a representative of our country.  **** him off now.

The dick got 19 votes.  He hasn’t worked out he will need to go back to his day job in about a year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Peter said:

The dick got 19 votes.  He hasn’t worked out he will need to go back to his day job in about a year.  

The sad thing is he will come close to expanding his primary vote by a factor of 1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who missed it his comments on twitter were:

Does anyone still dispute the link between Muslim immigration and violence?

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, IronmanFoz said:

For those who missed it his comments on twitter were:

Does anyone still dispute the link between Muslim immigration and violence?

 

Wow I can't say I am surprised by you "interpreting" his comments this way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kia Kaha NZ (stay strong)

its absolutely abhorrent.  I saw the whole video today as the guys at work played it on FB, how someone can do this is absolutely beyond me, he stormed in and killed people, he then went outside and shot up the street, back to his car changed weapons and went back outside and quoted “you’re not getting on the barge today boys” then went back inside and shot everyone again, he just kept on killing.   I was standing there shaking watching.  

In NZ toughest day their leader Jacinda has stood tall and lead from the front with exceptional compassion but absolute clarity.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, KieranR said:

Kia Kaha NZ (stay strong)

its absolutely abhorrent.  I saw the whole video today as the guys at work played it on FB, how someone can do this is absolutely beyond me, he stormed in and killed people, he then went outside and shot up the street, back to his car changed weapons and went back outside and quoted “you’re not getting on the barge today boys” then went back inside and shot everyone again, he just kept on killing.   I was standing there shaking watching.  

In NZ toughest day their leader Jacinda has stood tall and lead from the front with exceptional compassion but absolute clarity.  

Why in the **** would you willingly want to sit there and watch people get murdered??? There are some things best unseen...those images will most likely haunt you forever..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday Channel 7 showed an edited version of the footage of the gunman and saying how disgusting it was then followed it by a promotional ad for MKR with all the hate an bitchiness between the contestants. Sometimes they really need a filter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KieranR said:

Kia Kaha NZ (stay strong)

its absolutely abhorrent.  I saw the whole video today as the guys at work played it on FB, how someone can do this is absolutely beyond me, he stormed in and killed people, he then went outside and shot up the street, back to his car changed weapons and went back outside and quoted “you’re not getting on the barge today boys” then went back inside and shot everyone again, he just kept on killing.   I was standing there shaking watching.  

In NZ toughest day their leader Jacinda has stood tall and lead from the front with exceptional compassion but absolute clarity.  

 

2 hours ago, more said:

Why in the **** would you willingly want to sit there and watch people get murdered??? There are some things best unseen...those images will most likely haunt you forever..

Agree.  It is something you can’t unsee.  

Even if you can watch it, you shouldn’t.  

 

Edited by Peter
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Peter said:

 

Agree.  It is so,etching you can’t unsee.  

Even if you can watch it, you shouldn’t.  

 

Agree. 

Esoecially given your recent feelings Kieran.

please talk to someone or seek some support if it affects you badly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, roxii said:

Agree. 

Esoecially given your recent feelings Kieran.

please talk to someone or seek some support if it affects you badly. 

X100

Please talk with someone K. ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I need to explain it but I have for a long time followed crime very closely, it intrigues me greatly.  I have the ability to separate what I have seen and read from my feelings / life etc, although I understand that could maybe clouded at moment.  I’ll be sure to let my psych know I saw it when I see him on Wednesday.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, goughy said:

I'm assuming this was Fraser Anning?  Waleed just read some words that were printed on Australian Parliamentary letterhead that sound like they belonged in the murderers letterhead, but he refused to say who they were from!

Edit to add: I already thought he was gutter trash, and he more than confirmed it!  **** me I can't believe anyone would write that, let alone an Australian (a close neighbour to NZ), and even more so a ****ing politician!  This ****witt needs to be handed his are and booted now!  I can't fathom he is a representative of our country.  **** him off now.

When I first saw his press release I thought it must be fake so I checked his official FB page to check. Couldn't believe just a few hours after the NZ shootings he posted that he's forming a new political party called "Fraser Anning's National Conservative Party" and will have a booth and will be speaking on Sat and Sun at the Ipswich Gun Show.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the earlier reports on this on an overseas online news site when I clicked the story it basically launched the video immediately.  It was all blurred out and I saw about 20 secs before I could shut it down but that was too much for me.  It was like a video game and it made me feel queasy after thinking what it was.. the worst part was the number of comments supporting the gunman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pieman said:

 the worst part was the number of comments supporting the gunman 

I ain't gonna go looking for it but that has made me feel actually nauseous. FFS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately you don’t have to go looking for it. There’s a guy up in this thread that already implied what Fraser Anning said is not a lie, therefore supporting the core of the attackers message. I don’t know if I should feel angry or sorry for people like that but I mostly feel angry. 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rog said:

Unfortunately you don’t have to go looking for it. There’s a guy up in this thread that already implied what Fraser Anning said is not a lie, therefore supporting the core of the attackers message. I don’t know if I should feel angry or sorry for people like that but I mostly feel angry. 

People like that scare me. I read a headline that Milo Yiannopoulos wont be alloed into Australia since the NZ shooting. He shouldve been told 'no' as soon as he said he was coming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was, then the govt changed their mind, and now they've changed their mind again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rog said:

Unfortunately you don’t have to go looking for it. There’s a guy up in this thread that already implied what Fraser Anning said is not a lie, therefore supporting the core of the attackers message. I don’t know if I should feel angry or sorry for people like that but I mostly feel angry. 

Agreed, it beggars belief that people are still so bigoted, and hostile to minorities in society. All we can do is call it out when it crosses our path.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our local newspaper put the news article on the gunman on their Facebook page.

It received a lot of sympathy and disbelief responses, but there was also this.

Quote: Give this man a medal of honour and bring him home like the hero that he is!

Unbelievable but not surprising anymore.😢

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fiftyplus said:

Quote: Give this man a medal of honour and bring him home like the hero that he is!

Make sure you report to Facebook and if you can be bothered the police. They won't do anything but if that person later commits an act of violence or racially abuses somebody then it's all grist to the mill.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did report it to Facebook on Friday, but it’s still there to be seen.

They don’t even hide behind a fake name and post their pics up for all to see.

I just don’t understand anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rog said:

Unfortunately you don’t have to go looking for it. There’s a guy up in this thread that already implied what Fraser Anning said is not a lie.

I didn't read it as an agreement with FA, but purely a concise summary of FA's standing.  Doesn't mean they agree with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We see people who agree cyclists are fair targets on the road.  Plenty of society sux.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a lot of fear and anger out there. Loons on both sides justify attacks as pay backs.

The scary thing is Muslim extremists believe in an eye for an eye-you can almost be certain there will be a follow up attack on our soil in retribution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, more said:

There is a lot of fear and anger out there. Loons on both sides justify attacks as pay backs.

The scary thing is Muslim extremists believe in an eye for an eye-you can almost be certain there will be a follow up attack on our soil in retribution.

I don't think it will be that straight forward as in a direct retaliation. However what this scumbag has done is provide yet another propaganda tool for extremist recruitment. You can see the narrative easily, an angry, scared 17 year old Muslim lad who sees what happened and then sees the comments from his fellow countrymen call this murderer a hero... it wouldn't take much to persuade him to join the other side.

Edited by monkie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, monkie said:

I don't think it will be that straight forward as in a direct retaliation. However what this scumbag has done is provide yet another propaganda tool for extremist recruitment. You can see the narrative easily, an angry, scared 17 year old Muslim lad who sees what happened and then sees the comments from his fellow countrymen call this murderer a hero... it wouldn't take much to persuade him to join the other side.

Just as this nutbag probably saw the countless massacres conducted by Muslim  extremists and listened to propogander to retaliate.

Both sides use these attacks to excuse their actions, but you can guarantee there will be an attack here in payback.

 There have been lots of planned attacks avoided on our soil due to the good work of our police, but they can't monitor and catch everyone...

Edited by more
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, more said:

Both sides use these attacks to excuse their actions, but you can guarantee there will be an attack here in payback.

 

Yes, that is my concern too.

They are also saying Tarrant was an obsessive gamer, hence the way he filmed his shootings in a similar way to how games like COD etc. appear.

As someone who did a lot of shooting as a teenager and saw what guns do in the real world, I can't get my head around how you could point guns at entirely innocent people, and children FFS in a church, and pull the trigger.  Seems his distinction between reality and a computer game got merged, along with a misguided view that he was somehow 'fixing the world'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...