Sign in to follow this  
Leon

935 - direct import int. version.

Hey all, got the green light to buy a 935. Missed the $400 rebel special so digging around to see what I could find.

Kogan have a direct import - international version for $560. Appears to be the best I can find.

so, is the international version any different, does anyone know?

pre loaded maps or something like that maybe?

appreciate any heads up before I pull the trigger.

thanks.

26 minutes ago, Leon said:

Hey all, got the green light to buy a 935. Missed the $400 rebel special so digging around to see what I could find.

Kogan have a direct import - international version for $560. Appears to be the best I can find.

so, is the international version any different, does anyone know?

pre loaded maps or something like that maybe?

appreciate any heads up before I pull the trigger.

thanks.

Any warranty issues you will have to return it overseas. Garmin Australia won't touch it. I had this issue with a Sony product, took many months to rectify. Also AFAIK some of the Garmin products are region specific when it comes to pre-loaded maps, I didn't know the 935 had maps? If it doesn't then it will be fine. 

• Like 1

With the dramas that most Garmins  have I’d never by from anywhere, apart from a real store EG rebel sport were they will just replace it when you walk in the store 

well worth the extra $100 or so for piece of mind and ease of warranty replacement  etc 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd stick local, purely for warranty service issues.  Not saying you will have them.  But, in my experience Garmin Aus look after you.  If you can wait a little while then surely someone will have them on special again.  Don't think there are any map issues with the 935.

Rebel price matching, don't they only match as long as the other shop has a bricks and mortar store, somewhere?  Doesn't have to be near you.  Just somewhere?

• Like 1

Happy to support you willie, have the green light so just PM me and let’s lock it in eddy.

I just got the 'green light' also...

Thankfully I bought one from rebel months ago... 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Like they say pieman, it's easy to ask for forgiveness than permission!  At least you can wear it all the time now!

• Like 1

I bought my 920XT from the US two years ago at a 50% discount to the price in Oz. Like the 935, it does not have maps. It works perfectly in Oz. I have not had any problems with it, so can not comment on warranty. I couldn't resist the $399 deal on the 935. Unlike the 920, I can wear my 935 as my everyday watch.

I have just ordered a Samsung tablet, direct import, from Kogan. The model I ordered is not available in Oz. Kogan have a section on their about direct imports and warranty.

https://www.kogan.com/au/direct-import/

I am looking forward to trying out the Aftershokz headphones that I ordered from Willie, when I get back to Oz in a couple of weeks.