Sign in to follow this  
flathead

Courtney Atkinson wins Six Foot Track

Courtney has beaten a few good ultra runners to win Six Foot Track. Vlad Shatrov came in 3rd after winning the 2 previous years. The winning time was a bit slow compared to previous years; some 10-15 minutes down. Was the weather hot; track wet?

https://www.onlinetiming.com.au/2019-six-foot-track-marathon/

And 7 times 24-hour mountain biking world champion Jason English came in 16th. Not bad for a cyclist...

Were any trannies out there today?

No surprise about Jason going so well...

Weather not too bad in lower mountains today, though not sure bout actually on the track..

Having dinner with friends that ran it so probably get more details about the day

Slowest men's winning time since 2011, although it appears that he had a reasonable buffer to second and it's easy to bleed time on that course. Ultimately, on the day, the place is more significant than the time.

Stephanie Auston defended her title with a 10 minute PB. Her time of 3:47 has only been bettered by Emma Murray and Hanny Alston. Classy company indeed.

• Like 1

Race day vollie. Conditions didn't seem too bad, but I didn't have to run anywhere.

I didn't see CA finish ( I was busy else where) but they interviewed him moments later and he did not sound like he had had to push too hard.

It was my first time running 6ft so can't really compare to previous years but it was pretty humid yesterday. Was sweating buckets only walking down the stairs 

I had quite a few friends running this year, a couple are right up the pointy end.  20 degrees at the start which is warm. They were all sweating buckets by the time they got to the road which is about 8km, the humidity was the highest it's been for years. Most of the top runners were all 15 mins slower than they should be so it looks like conditions have played a huge factor.

Bro in law got his 24th finish on the weekend ....

Bib #007 now for ever ....... that's just cool

• Like 2