Sign in to follow this  
Peter

What a deal. Free Ironman one on one coaching

I’ve seen some good deals but this is impressive. 

A coach that gets athletes to Kona. Goes himself. 

Now this for the average punter. 

4B0FD401-7F3B-4757-8E84-2DD04866E536.jpeg

Good deal 

I don’t miss sessions , just get out of bed earlier 

i reckon I hAvnt missed a set session for at least ten years , so that would be ten years of free coaching 

who is this fellow offering this ?

So I'm feeling run down and in the hurt locker and they're going to reward me for sucking it up and getting it done. 

Personally, as a coach, I don't like this approach. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, willie said:

So I'm feeling run down and in the hurt locker and they're going to reward me for sucking it up and getting it done. 

Id assume the programs are adjustable - it wouldn’t be locked in a month at a time.  With good communication a program should be tailored to the athlete and it actually encourages more communication.  

He has awesome success for those that want to achieve goals. Clearly no good for me as I half arse everything.  Shit I missed this mornings easy ride as I just wanted to sleep in  

Also even if you were tired you’d just pay like 80% of the athletes out there would. 

Id look at this if I was being coached as a reward for completing a good month block not as, there has to be a catch. 

• Like 1

Sunday session, Week 4 of every month includes a 250km ride and 30km run off the bike - Must Get It Green!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, willie said:

For a lazy coach who doesn't listen to athletes you would be right.  For someone who monitors it closely adjusts regularly it would work well for both.  Though if you're not being paid it makes it hard to justify the extra time spent on the athlete.

Just now, RunBrettRun said:

For a lazy coach who doesn't listen to athletes you would be right.  For someone who monitors it closely adjusts regularly it would work well for both.  Though if you're not being paid it makes it hard to justify the extra time spent on the athlete.

I wouldn't consider you a lazy athlete. Did you nail every session perfectly in the last 3 months?

As I said, I see this as a reward program, not something you could do every month.  Month in month out.  But in reality you should be able to nail 3 month out of 12 perfect if you aren't lazy.  Essentially it's just a 25% off discount.

Does your coach give you a 25% discount for loyalty?  For anything?  

NB Not directed to you Brett.  Everyone...

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

I wouldn't consider you a lazy athlete. Did you nail every session perfectly in the last 3 months?

As I said, I see this as a reward program, not something you could do every month.  Month in month out.  But in reality you should be able to nail 3 month out of 12 perfect if you aren't lazy.  Essentially it's just a 25% off discount.

Does your coach give you a 25% discount for loyalty?  For anything?  

NB Not directed to you Brett.  Everyone...

I think I said it's a good thing?

Surely that's pretty risky - one could easily game this one would think. ....but good marketing nonetheless.

6 minutes ago, dazmuzza said:

Surely that's pretty risky - one could easily game this one would think. ....but good marketing nonetheless.

If you didn’t take it seriously, and tried to scam it, why bother getting coached in the first place?

Cool idea, and I like it, but the incentives are two fold:

1. To push your athletes too hard (many coaches do this anyway so would just add to the over load)

2. For athletes to cheat (Strava should help with that)

If you already had t high trust and mutual respect between you and your coach it could work well.

1 hour ago, ironpo said:

Good deal 

I don’t miss sessions , just get out of bed earlier 

i reckon I hAvnt missed a set session for at least ten years , so that would be ten years of free coaching 

who is this fellow offering this ?

Hey IronPo,

It's me Xavier Coppock who is offering this deal.  It's something I trialled with my athletes over the first few months of this year.  It took athletes who completed 60% of their program to 80% and also those who skipped 1 session per week to complete their program.

Cheers

Xavier

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Wednesday looks like a big day

Hey Bored, 

Every program I deliver is tailored to the athletes training availability, so no two programs are the same.

Cheers

Xavier

45 minutes ago, dazmuzza said:

Hey Daz, It is pretty easy to work out who is doing it legit and who is taking the P1ss.  At the end of the day, athletes get coaches to improve, I'm simply passionate about what I do and it's simply "not about the money" - I think there is a song about that!

Cheers

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dazaau said:

Cool idea, and I like it, but the incentives are two fold:

1. To push your athletes too hard (many coaches do this anyway so would just add to the over load)

2. For athletes to cheat (Strava should help with that)

If you already had t high trust and mutual respect between you and your coach it could work well.

Hey Daz,

1. All my programs are based around the availability of the athlete are written for when they can train, so the programs are simply agreed to by the athlete anyway, so regardless of this offer, the programs still get written the same.  It's not about just pushing the athlete to breaking point, it's about getting the best out of them.

2. It's easy to work that out.  

Like anyone program, if you are invested in it, you will perform.  I just want to give back to those that commit to me.

Cheers

Xavier

1 hour ago, willie said:

Hey Willie,

If you were feeling run down, would you communicate that with your coach anyway?

My athletes currently do this and I tailor the program to make it achievable.  At the end of the day I'll never set athletes up for failure as I as a coach have the most to lose :) 

Each to their own and thanks for your input.

Cheers

Xavier

19 minutes ago, Facta said:

Hey Bored, 

Every program I deliver is tailored to the athletes training availability, so no two programs are the same.

Cheers

Xavier

Cool, I get it. I looked at having to squeeze in a 8hr day at work & commute time around the training. It wasn't a dig at the program at all.

• Like 1

Xavier don't put too much energy into the comments, too many excuses on this forum for the majority to understand the benefit.

I just hope you don't go broke 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Xavier don't put too much energy into the comments, too many excuses on this forum for the majority to understand the benefit.

Thanks mate,

Of the athletes who have done this over the last 2 months, about 10% have been successful, however more have completed more of their programs than previous.  I'm willing to back up my programs/results with offers like this one.

Hope you're well

• Like 2

Hey mate, 

anyonr that knows you, knows how passionate you are about this sport and would reslise this is the real deal. 

Good onya mate, innovative approach to motivation. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Facta said:

Hey IronPo,

It's me Xavier Coppock who is offering this deal.  It's something I trialled with my athletes over the first few months of this year.  It took athletes who completed 60% of their program to 80% and also those who skipped 1 session per week to complete their program.

Cheers

Xavier

Nice work mate

anything that’s get someone out the door is a great incentive 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

Post ofthe year so far 👍

2 hours ago, prizna said:

Guy can coach, guy clearly can't multi quote.

To be fair I used to run this joint and I struggled with that function :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Peter said:

4B0FD401-7F3B-4757-8E84-2DD04866E536.jpeg

You didn't read the fine print.

You see Saturday 12th?

That's a 95km run followed by a 6km swim. Most wimp out, the rest drown.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bored@work said:

I thought everyone ran 95km in Saturday’s 

Yep, I usually do it as a warm up before parkrun

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, roxii said:

To be fair I used to run this joint and I struggled with that function :lol:

Took me 4 years to find out how to post a picture! 😂😂

3 minutes ago, oldschool69#2 said:

I still don't f'ing know!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, oldschool69#2 said:

7 hours ago, BogFrog said:

I still don't f'ing know!

You can always cheat and just open the picture you want and do a copy/paste rather than inserting files.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

C’mon RBR, you are better than that. And you too IP.

leave the ‘those on here’ to others.

15 minutes ago, Leon said:

C’mon RBR, you are better than that. And you too IP.

leave the ‘those on here’ to others.

True might be better to have another break 🙂