bortho

New trisuit

Gday all, working towards Port Mac Ironman again and noticed at Coffs BCU on the weekend my tried and trusted Fusion suit is on its last legs. What's everybody wearing these days?? Want sleeves and must have a pocket, either on the leg or the back for gels. 

Happy with the Fusion? Get another one of them.

• Like 1

after 5 seasons, my fusion suit is starting to unravel as well. Also asking the same question. (And I may go and get another Fusion suit anyway)

Wyn Republic.... 😎

Ive used scody until going with these guys, tried fusion twice but just never really felt good.

I do like the fact the Wyn suit is a connected 2 piece suit and have found it really comfortable for all distances.  The pockets at the back did take a little getting used to though.

17 minutes ago, RunBrettRun said:

Wyn Republic.... 😎

Ive used scody until going with these guys, tried fusion twice but just never really felt good.

I do like the fact the Wyn suit is a connected 2 piece suit and have found it really comfortable for all distances.  The pockets at the back did take a little getting used to though.

Are you one of their paid influencers...? 😃 Just kidding..

The suits look really good.. does this mean they are connected by zip but can be unzipped to become separates? 

6 minutes ago, pieman said:

Are you one of their paid influencers...? 😃 Just kidding..

The suits look really good.. does this mean they are connected by zip but can be unzipped to become separates? 

Nah as Prizna says, I pay to be part of their team?  In saying that if I didnt like the product I wouldnt have gone again this year.

The top is stitched onto the bottom but when you undo the zip and the front it fully opens around to about your hip and then the stitching starts.  I think...Ill check when I get home.

Thinking about the Fusion SLi as well. It's a bit dear but..worth it? (never worn fusion before)

12 minutes ago, Torn said:

Thinking about the Fusion SLi as well. It's a bit dear but..worth it? (never worn fusion before)

Yeah pricey. But i reckon worth it.  The fusion gear lasts very well and i find very comfy. 

Declaration. I'm not paid by them and I don't get free gear. But I am part of the Fusion Team, and get a discount. 

But that's only recent and ive been a fan of their gear for years. Even did some reviews on here. 

I have a fusion kit & it lasted two Ironman races. It wore a lot quicker than I expected.

my last kit was a ventou & I prefer it over the fusion kit. It was also cheaper 

I haven't worn ventou tri kit, but their cycling kit was the best I've used. Lasted really well too.

I use De Soto and have done for 16 years. Have about 5 on the go and they hold their shape and are brilliant quality. 

* I am also part of their Ambassador programme, so get a discount on them, but wouldn't change my opinion of them!

I have the 2XU Tri Vent.  It's the 'waistcoat' type that make porta loo stops a lot easier. It's sleeved and very comfy. Slightly heavy material, could be a bit hot for Oz races but i like it.

1 hour ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I haven't worn ventou tri kit, but their cycling kit was the best I've used. Lasted really well too.

Yep, my experience as well

Every chance I will go with another fusion, just wondered what else was out there that you guys used and liked.

I rate the fusion suit, lasted 3 ironman (admittedly only used this suit for ironman distances, used my club kit for everything else)

Is Wyn Republic the gear that Luke McKenzie wears?

19 minutes ago, bortho said:

Every chance I will go with another fusion, just wondered what else was out there that you guys used and liked.

I rate the fusion suit, lasted 3 ironman (admittedly only used this suit for ironman distances, used my club kit for everything else)

Is Wyn Republic the gear that RBR wears?

Yep..

25 minutes ago, pieman said:

Yep..

I make it look good.

IMG_20181202_220709_312.jpg

*I walked through an aide station 5min before this...

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

I have 3 x their cycling kits & they are the bomb 

I'm amazed you folks are getting only 2 or 3 races out of a fusion suit.  What do you do to them? I still have, in very good condition, the first one I ever bought. Still use it 

And one of my IMs is worth twice the hours of most! 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Turts said:

I'm amazed you folks are getting only 2 or 3 races out of a fusion suit.  What do you do to them? I still have, in very good condition, the first one I ever bought. Still use it 

And one of my IMs is worth twice the hours of most! 

They train in them too?

Looking for a suit myself as I only have my old club's crap top & knicks and my aus trisuit (and I feel like a bit of a dick wearing that at local races). Most suits now come with sleeves or are dark l. As I tend to overheat, I want the least fabric possible - or else very light in colour. Proving difficult...  but thanks foe suggestions so far - have a fall back plan 🙂

Edited by BogFrog

1 hour ago, BogFrog said:

They train in them too?

Dunno. Doesn't sound like it tho. 

Bortho said he races in club kit aside from the 3 IMs, and Bored@ said racing 2. 

The SLi top is awesome, but yeah I do find the bottoms, being black, as with all black, is warm in the sun. 

2 hours ago, Turts said:

I'm amazed you folks are getting only 2 or 3 races out of a fusion suit. 

If they are like me these days, that's 15 years wear and up 2 sizes

• Haha 1

Ironman Arizona & Texas. The elastic in the legs isn’t that great anymore & the colour didn’t hold up well. 

Sure I could keep wearing it, but I like to look fresh on race day. 

5 hours ago, RunBrettRun said:

I make it look good.

IMG_20181202_220709_312.jpg

*I walked through an aide station 5min before this...

It is great looking kit but it'd need 75% off to get me across the line.

that run technique looks 'okay' though..

Whatever this guy is wearing it must be durable, as he wears it commuting to work every day on his hybrid commuter!

fashionpolice.jpg

Edited by BC_J400