MissJess

Victor Harbor Tri - any one there?

I'm coming in on Saturday evening, leaving Sunday arvo after the standard distance is done. 

Probably sleeping in my rental car¬†ūüėā¬†

Who else will be there?

You going down for points Jess?

I'm not racing - enforced rest. 

Edited by Turts

Yeah points. Also snickers donuts. I'll have to see if I can take them on carry on back home.

13 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Yeah points. Also snickers donuts. I'll have to see if I can take them on carry on back home.

Cool, I'll see ya there.

I'll try to remember to bring my camera and snap some pics for you - payback for Canberra!

25 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Thanks! You TOing?

:ninja:

• Haha 2

We aren't making the trip over this year. See you next year. Great event. Anyone who hasn't been, put it on your list. 

8 hours ago, Bored@work said:

FYI the donut of the month is Snickers 

448CFA03-F6DD-4EB5-B1E9-996C29CD0D45.png

Scottish owners? :lol:

8 hours ago, Bored@work said:

FYI the donut of the month is Snickers 

448CFA03-F6DD-4EB5-B1E9-996C29CD0D45.png

Our friends and former WSTC members who we stay with in Victor Harbour,  told us about this bakery.. We stopped for travelling supplies after the race last year. We definitely didn't come out of that race weekend in "calorie deficit."

1 hour ago, MissJess said:

I just saw the entry list for my AG. I'm f***ed!

How many? 

24 including me :o I cannot find race results for about 5 of them. One is aging up (so result will go to 45-49) but there are two in 35-39 that are 39.

Edited by MissJess

11 minutes ago, MissJess said:

24 including me :o I cannot find race results for about 5 of them. One is aging up (so result will go to 45-49) but there are two in 35-39 that are 39.

Wow. If i was racing id come 25th and get a whopping 1 point! 

Past events didn't have that many, so that's interesting. But they did end up needing 6 TOs based on numbers, so it will be big. 

Very glad I still did Canberra, even tho I was in limp mode. 

I have Wollongong left after Victor Harbor. Everyone keeps on telling me that they never take the full number in any AG when the races are in Europe/US/UK but I still do not believe them. I guess I have to experience it for myself before I fully understand. 

Honestly I should get it, it happened at Rotterdam, Cozumel Chicago and Edmonton and it happens with 70.3s as well. The rolldowns for South Africa and Chattanooga went to "who wants to go?". Some places some people wont bother.

I have Wollongong left after Victor Harbor. Everyone keeps on telling me that they never take the full number in any AG when the races are in Europe/US/UK but I still do not believe them. I guess I have to experience it for myself before I fully understand. 

Honestly I should get it, it happened at Rotterdam, Cozumel Chicago and Edmonton and it happens with 70.3s as well. The rolldowns for South Africa and Chattanooga went to "who wants to go?". Some places some people wont bother.

Yeah you'll be right.  Even the TA website says it.

Where did you get the entry list from?

They sent us an link in an email. http://eventstrategies.racetecresults.com/Results.aspx?CId=90&RId=265

They sent us an link in an email.¬†http://eventstrategies.racetecresults.com/Results.aspx?CId=90&RId=265 ÔĽŅ

ah cheers.

You never know - some might not turn up.

But you'll get a few points at least, and another race done and dusted.

• Like 1

Last in my age group. Everyone was too damn fast and too damn skinny. I did have 2 no shows though. We'll see how it washes out. One more race left, and it was nice to race somewhere new.

Thanks @Bored@work¬†for the hot tip. Those donuts were delish¬†ūü§ó

Last in my age group. Everyone was too damn fast and too damn skinny. I did have 2 no shows though. We'll see how it washes out. One more race left, and it was nice to race somewhere new.

Thanks @Bored@work¬†for the hot tip. Those donuts were delish¬†ūü§ó

Also I note quite a few were not members of TA so that improves your chances.  Good luck

Unfortunately my points will not increase - bloody TA don't roll down to points to the next TA member, even though we have to be a member on the Thursday prior to the race.

I just hope noone shows up at Wollongong, and that Switzerland is too expensive for everyone else in my age group.

Knew I could not compete without liposuction, or some other miracle...

5 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Unfortunately my points will not increase - bloody TA don't roll down to points to the next TA member, even though we have to be a member on the Thursday prior to the race.

I just hope noone shows up at Wollongong, and that Switzerland is too expensive for everyone else in my age group.

Mate at least you were out there giving it a go. I, sadly, did not. 

I've banked 2 races. But likely there will be less than 10 in our age group that want to go. Youll be fine. 

50 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Yeh, most people spend all their money on fancy bike stuff so can't afford to go to Switzerland.