roxii

Anyone know Hamish? (podcast topic)

New podcast from "the teachers pet" people, is about a conman who fleeced people out of millions. 

At a time he was a Sydney runner and Triathlete, we know it a pretty small world out there,,, anyone bump into Hamish?  (McClaren, McLachlan, Maxwell) 

Good podcast so far too! 

hamish-mclaren-half-marathon.jpg

hamish.jpg

45 minutes ago, roxii said:

New podcast from "the teachers pet" people, is about a conman who fleeced people out of millions. 

At a time he was a Sydney runner and Triathlete, we know it a pretty small world out there,,, anyone bump into Hamish?  (McClaren, McLachlan, Maxwell) 

Good podcast so far too! 

hamish-mclaren-half-marathon.jpg

hamish.jpg

Roxii,

What is the name of the podcast?

Cheers

NSF

Lol....

I went to school with the bloke.

A year below me, but I knew him.

He was no triathlete.

He's created plenty of chat amongst the 'old boy's'.

Real name Hamish Watson.

5 hours ago, Notsofast said:

I just listened to the first 3 episodes, what a scum bag

Only found 1 ??

Had a listen this morning...typical scam artist scum 

No lie, if I went to see this bloke as a financial adviser having never laid eyes on him before, my 'bullshit artist' alarm would go off at serious decibels before he even opened his lying gob.  He just looks rolled gold slick & dodgy.

Read the SHM article - like me his colleagues ask how the Hell he can sleep at night.  What a prick. 

As I've said before, Financial Advisers are right at the top of my list as the most suspect profession on the planet.  Even the better ones (like ours) don't really tell it entirely straight (thank Christ I arranged a performance-based fee structure with them instead of what their default offer is).

Listened to the pod and it’s interesting. Amazing to think that some people a so lonely they fall for these people and cannot see the forest for the trees even when good friends are telling them.

You gotta wonder if that’s why he got himself into triathlon circles. 

People with too much money, looking for a quick fix.... plenty of those types around 

:lol:

16 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

No lie, if I went to see this bloke as a financial adviser having never laid eyes on him before, my 'bullshit artist' alarm would go off at serious decibels before he even opened his lying gob.  He just looks rolled gold slick & dodgy.

Read the SHM article - like me his colleagues ask how the Hell he can sleep at night.  What a prick. 

As I've said before, Financial Advisers are right at the top of my list as the most suspect profession on the planet.  Even the better ones (like ours) don't really tell it entirely straight (thank Christ I arranged a performance-based fee structure with them instead of what their default offer is).

I agree, however he must have been pretty good. He managed to Con many, many people out of thier $$

On 28/02/2019 at 1:11 PM, ComfortablyNumb said:

Was he really a licenced financial adviser or did he just call himself one ? 

yep, knew him 2012-2015. Was always nice to me, I never suspected anything like this.... 

hamish.thumb.jpg.ee423907d184d02948e07e3d9c945475.jpg

Edited by Sebee

I can’t find any record of him holding a financial services licence or being authorised under any licence. Last record I found was when he was banned by asic in 2003. I am having a hard time believing he was ever licenced. 

18 hours ago, Sebee said:

yep, knew him 2012-2015. Was always nice to me, I never suspected anything like this.... 

hamish.thumb.jpg.ee423907d184d02948e07e3d9c945475.jpg

Didn't know he was in a boy band too!  :lol: 

Do you think he spent all the cash - and if so, what could he possible have spent it on?!  And, if not, where is it?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Notsofast said:

Didn’t they say he bought a Woolamaloo apartment?

Yeah on the finger wharf!   Where John Laws lives. 

On 06/03/2019 at 3:02 PM, Pete said:

Do you think he spent all the cash - and if so, what could he possible have spent it on?!  And, if not, where is it?

We seriously have to ask this about someone that does triathlon?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Cottoneyes said:

We seriously have to ask this about someone that does triathlon?

I was thinking exactly the same thing.