monkie

What an idiot!

I didn't think that was even possible. 

You've done well lad.

I suppose you are now looking for a new bike shop where they don't know you?

Edited by Ex-Hasbeen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Props to Monkie for posting that!

I remember when I very first intended to start cycling, I had read about various bits of stuff I'd need. Figured I'd get these before having my actual bike.

Went into a bike shop (on holiday in UK),  spoke to the guy. Tried on a pair go gloves and told him they felt 'funny'.  He said 'you have them on the wrong way round, the padded bit goes on your palm'. doh! :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes, first set of carbon tubbie race wheels I bought (complete tubbie newbie) came with the tyres already on the rims (from a BS owner off here). Pumped them up, took them out for a spin and damn they felt skittish.  Turns out, he'd not put any glue on them, just put them on the rims to stretch them....which would have been fine if he'd eff'n stuck a note on them telling me that!

Edited by ComfortablyNumb
  • Like 1

I didn't know that was even possible! Or likely.....

Big show admitting it here too! The internet never forgets :ninja:

• Like 1

First road bike I bought in early 90's in late autumn early winter. Got the whole show from Endeavour, bike, shoes, socks (ankle high de rigeur) helmet. Went out for my first ride from Sutho to waterfall and my toes went numb. Happened first few rides and I went back thinking the shoes were too narrow, problem was fixed with some shoe covers and didn;t happen in summer.

My 'blonde' moment was when I first got my (then) new SPD road-bike pedals about 15 years ago... and I rather stupidly forgot that I am a mechanical numpty so tried taking them of and putting them back on again... 

I put the pedals in the wrong way round, and couldn't figure out why they wouldn't tighten, so applied a LOT of force - and then royally stuffed up the thread on crank and pedal...

Expensive lesson learnt

• Haha 2

On 23/02/2019 at 9:23 PM, Turts said:

I didn't know that was even possible! Or likely....

Definitely not likely. You really, really have to try ;)

• Haha 1

Years ago (when it was Sunday morning check in) was staying at on of those swisho apartments up on the hill at Noosa, took race bike out of bike box on Saturday evening  (had been interstate the previous weekend)  and assembled then set off for a quick test ride damn those things are hard to stop on a steep downhill heading for the t-junction above the cliff when you forget to restore the quick releases on the brakes. Luckily, was able to veer off the road and crash stop into a pile of builders sand - ground an inch off the front of my cycling shoe first trying to dig it into the bitumen.

Edited by trifun
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1