MissJess

The great Transitions Beer Mile Port Macquarie 2019

Hear ye! Hear ye! It's that time of the year again, time to think about the Great Trannies Port Macquarie beer mile! 

• Time: Approximately 3pm - after the presentations and all official IRONMAN stuff is done (their presentation finishes at 2.30pm)
  • Place: Near the Beach House Port Macquarie, we meet at the seats near the finish chute
  • Course: A 4x400m out and back towards where the cruises are, scull the beer, run the 400m then repeat 3 more times. 🍺🏃‍♂️🍺🏃‍♂️🍺🏃‍♂️🍺🏃‍♂️
  • Qualification: Complete the IRONMAN the day before or the 70.3  (yes the enticer folk are allowed!)

I know as a race director that you the competitors have more questions

1. Do I have the DA? Of course not 😂 
  2. Do I have the beer? Yes!!! For Trannies members only, but will be willing to hand over for a fee for those who forget. Please BYO! 🍺
  3. What beer will it be? Tooheys, at least us NSW folk can spell BEER, the Queenslanders just call it XXXX 🍺
  4. Will there be prizes? Of course, and they are fantastic! Unbelieveable! Awesome!! Never seen before prizes!! 🥇
  5. Who will get the prizes? First across the line male and female for the IRONMAN, first across the line male and female for the 70.3, best costume, best effort
  6. I am scared of sculling beer, can I have someone do it for me? No way! Individual effort only! 💪

Please post below if you plan to join us, I will collate an entry list - also let me know if you are a 70.3 entrant or an IRONMAN entrant!

Entry List

Enticer:
Flanman

Full:
trickle
tomesy and blind athlete

Edited by MissJess

Yup.

I'll make sure I drag myself away from post race pancakes,bacon and smoothies this year.

I’m actually going around this year with a blind bloke! Can we do it tethered? We’ll both drink and both run.

• Like 2

On 03/04/2019 at 11:01 PM, Tomsey said:

I’m actually going around this year with a blind bloke! Can we do it tethered? We’ll both drink and both run.

Will you both be blind by the end? 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, roxii said:

Will I be DQ'd if I slip the blind guys assistance dog a beer per lap?

• Haha 1

@trickle I only believe in DQs for short cutting and PEDs 😁

Start time is 3pm - IRONMAN presentation will finish at 2.30pm.

On 08/04/2019 at 10:25 AM, roxii said:

I’ll need to be blind before I start knowing how my knee will be after Sunday 😂

Dam shame but I need to be well on the way back to Sydney by 3pm as I'm flying the next day. Further complication is the wife can't drive at the moment so sobriety is required!

Any more takers? I want to make sure I have just the right amount of beer on for the trannies 😊

I think the lack of Monday night function now means a lot of people probably leave Monday morning or after roll down (if they think they will get a spot). I know I am leaving as soon as the Beer Mile is done.

1 hour ago, MissJess said:

I think the lack of Monday night function now means a lot of people probably leave Monday morning or after roll down (if they think they will get a spot). I know I am leaving as soon as the Beer Mile is done.

Maybe you should have the beer mile on the Saturday afternoon?

• Haha 3

UPDATE

I have spoken to the esteemed anonymous sponsor and they have received the trophies for the lucky winners! They look fantastic!!

* IM - 1st Male and 1st Female 
* 70.3 - Overall
*Greyman - last place, but you have to finish
*Fashions on the field - judges decision

• Like 3

A new character for this years Beer Mile. He, and his assistant monkey, could steal the show. 

On 22/02/2019 at 8:28 AM, MissJess said:

Hear ye! Hear ye! It's that time of the year again, time to think about the Great Trannies Port Macquarie beer mile! 

• Time: Approximately 3pm - after the presentations and all official IRONMAN stuff is done (their presentation finishes at 2.30pm)
  • Place: Near the Beach House Port Macquarie, we meet at the seats near the finish chute
  • Course: A 4x400m out and back towards where the cruises are, scull the beer, run the 400m then repeat 3 more times. 🍺🏃‍♂️🍺🏃‍♂️🍺🏃‍♂️🍺🏃‍♂️
  • Qualification: Complete the IRONMAN the day before or the 70.3  (yes the enticer folk are allowed!)

I know as a race director that you the competitors have more questions

1. Do I have the DA? Of course not 😂 
  2. Do I have the beer? Yes!!! For Trannies members only, but will be willing to hand over for a fee for those who forget. Please BYO! 🍺
  3. What beer will it be? Tooheys, at least us NSW folk can spell BEER, the Queenslanders just call it XXXX 🍺
  4. Will there be prizes? Of course, and they are fantastic! Unbelieveable! Awesome!! Never seen before prizes!! 🥇
  5. Who will get the prizes? First across the line male and female for the IRONMAN, first across the line male and female for the 70.3, best costume, best effort
  6. I am scared of sculling beer, can I have someone do it for me? No way! Individual effort only! 💪

Please post below if you plan to join us, I will collate an entry list - also let me know if you are a 70.3 entrant or an IRONMAN entrant!

Entry List

Enticer:
Flanman

Full:
trickle
tomesy and blind athlete

Yes full please.  Beer mile rookie!!

• Like 1

I see 3 transitions members who are entrants. So 2 six packs? Or are you BYOing?

I'll see if anyone got anything. But I was busy making sure the cans were actually empty 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So did the beer mile happen? Is it a case of  'what goes on tour stays on tour" ???

It did happen, but I did not have the camera going for the race. The only trannies in there were Flanman and Smithy - trickle was a no show (off getting pissed no doubt) and tomsey did not show up!

Just trying to get some of the pics off Scottys phone.

Ironman Beer Mile:
Male - some guy in a droopy boobie suit :o 
Female - no female entrant :( so we picked a guy who was dressed as a female in a "lets get physical" one piece with fake boobies

Ironman 70.3 - two girls from the Orange Tri Club took the honours, including a linked arm scull :D

Greyman - a guy in a gigantic baby suit :P

Fashions on the field - apparently his name is Mick - the Brazilian Life Guard :lol:

• Haha 1

I was a scratching, due to inability to run. Sadly, Could only contribute as a turnaround marker. 

65B6998A-5417-49D7-8A4B-CB74AEBB6E32.jpeg

• Like 1

iFoz

i cant believe you were unable to compete in the race that stops the nation.  Whats the real excuse?  Is AP getting in your head???

10 hours ago, ratdog said:

i cant believe you were unable to compete in the race that stops the nation.  Whats the real excuse?  Is AP getting in your head???

I was hardly able to walk Rattie. That and having to contribute to driving back to Brissie that night made it a no brainer to scratch. 😩

(No influence from AP).

Even Pete Murray expressed disbelief on IM Wrap, last night.

• Haha 1