KieranR

Kangaroos vs Cars

Are these the dumbest animals around or what, I hit a big one this morning on the way to work at 100 km/h, it literally jumped over the guard rail and BANG, airbag went off, was a big hit, got out and checked it,  it was still alive just, but couldn't move so i put it to permanent sleep.  

The Ute is a bit of a mess, thats three of our work Utes damaged by big roo strikes since Monday

Why cant they just hop across the road when no cars are nearby?

• Sad 1

Shouldn't be on the road. 

They should pay rego.

Cant be identified when they cause damage 

etc

etc

etc 

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, roxii said:

Shouldn't be on the road. 

They should pay rego.

Cant be identified when they cause damage 

etc

etc

etc 

:lol: 

And they're not wearing pants.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Katz said:

Are you ok Kieran?

Yep, all good thanks Katz, had plenty of roo strikes over the years, this was by far the biggest though, im just glad no one was behind me as i hit the brakes pretty hard.

• Like 1

They can be real dumb animals, though I suppose some would say they weren't genetically made up to be road-wary. I had one jump off an embankment over 2m away and landed on my bonnet then windscreen before even hitting the ground. Absolutely no chance of me reacting before it hit, then I suppose It had probably jumped off that ledge every day for the previous year and no idiot had been driving their car through at the time.

They reckon that due to the drought in NSW...... there have been more Roos killed on the Manaro Hwy than ever before. Read driving to the snow in winter.

There would be a roo every 100 metres lying on the side for 150 k’s at least.

Glad you're okay, mate.

Dad used to have a little, 20c, plastic air-flow device fitted to the front of the car that scared them witless ..... they would literally turn on their heels and bolt in the opposite direction. 

Let me see if I can find a better description. 

Edited by Rimmer

6 hours ago, Merv said:

Been in a bunch taken out by a roo.

Here in Bathurst with the drought we’ve had to be very careful as well. They are so unpredictable and come out of nowhere and at any time of day.

We had a massive big fella come bounding out of the trees just in front of our bunch yesterday morning.  Bloke on the front didn't even see him. It was the fella at 2nd wheel who called it.

Very close call as the 6 of us scattered in every direction to miss him and each other.

Glad to hear you are ok mate

• Like 1

On 14/02/2019 at 6:20 PM, IronmanFoz said:

They reckon that due to the drought in NSW...... there have been more Roos killed on the Manaro Hwy than ever before. Read driving to the snow in winter.

There would be a roo every 100 metres lying on the side for 150 k’s at least.

Yep last season was horrific, most I've ever seen.

Recently saw a car hit one and as a result it had to get towed.   When cops arrived it took them 3 shots to kill it with the 40 cal Smith & Wesson.

Edited by BC_J400
  • Sad 1