Peter

Other Peoples Jobs.

I used to be a pilot. Best way to describe it was hours of boredom interrupted by minutes of shear terror lol

Seriously though, it does get extremely boring after a while-think  of a desk job where you cant even get up and go for a walk...but with lots of lives at risk if you make a single mistake. 

8 minutes ago, more said:

Best way to describe it was hours of boredom interrupted by minutes of shear terror lol

An old friend of mine who is a commercial pilot said this almost verbatim.  

• Like 1

But they get the girls don't they?  I mean, every movie I've seen the pilots get the girls!  Don't tell me that's not true?

Just now, goughy said:

But they get the girls don't they?  I mean, every movie I've seen the pilots get the girls!  Don't tell me that's not true?

Well..yes, its an awesome life for a single bloke, terrible if you have a partner and or family. I have a mate who fly's corporate jets and basically he just flys the rich and famous to tropical resorts etc, and then just gets drunk at the resort until they are ready to go home. When you have a heap pf drunk and bored cabin crew together things tend to happen...

Whats even worse is if you have a wife at home with a sick child and life stress and you are sitting in a tropical resort getting drunk...tends to put stress on the relationship. I think pilots have the highest rate of divorce?

4 minutes ago, goughy said:

Hmmm, I'm sure the note my wife left me said she was out doing PILATES, I'd better re check that message. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, more said:

Whats even worse is if you have a wife at home with a sick child and life stress and you are sitting in a tropical resort getting drunk...tends to put stress on the relationship. I think pilots have the highest rate of divorce?

You mean other than triathletes?

7 hours ago, more said:

Not just sitting on a tropical island ... I sit around at night in a pokey 1 BR apartment and know that distance is a massive relationship threat, especially with a young family.