Peter

This week in Lance Armstrong

11 hours ago, The Customer said:

shiiiiit, I'm impressed - an original Mark Ryden! Whodda thought.

He's always been an fan of art. I remember reading he sold off most of his collection to fund his cancer treatment. From memeory he was inbetween contracts when he was diagnosed with cancer so had no insurance. I think a friend/supporter then stepped in & told his insurance to honor the origianal policy.  Or something like that. It's been awhile since I read his book.

There are a lot of people who are keen to crucify the guy, but he's one of the greatest athletes of the last century, he has a beautiful house in a beautiful part of the world, he has a beautiful wife and he appreciates fine art, and has an impressive collection. So I would say what his critics think would not worry him too much, besides in his career, he never raced against a "clean man" 🤣  

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Peter said:

Not one person has criticised him AP. 

#clickbait 

I’ll jump in. I hope there is a special place in hell for him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, roxii said:

I’ll jump in. I hope there is a special place in hell for him. 

You’re just jealous because of his hair. Admit it. 

Nah it’s cause I always wanted two wives who looked like my mum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, roxii said:

thats' just fkn weird...... 

& that's a big call coming from a vegan

24 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Lance gives back in many ways. How many folks can say that?

:lol: :lol: yeah he’s a regular Mother frickin Theresa. 

Hes just one in a long list of people to successfully make the transformation from egotistical sociopath to generous philanthropist. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Hes just one in a long list of people to successfully make the transformation from egotistical sociopath to generous philanthropist. 

Dude, you need a Snickers

2 hours ago, roxii said:

The latest may look like his mum, but it's how she looked when he was a toddler.

1 hour ago, roxii said:

I'd have to agree with you Roxette. The guy has no humility and is a classic sociopath. Every part of that video was another opportunity for rub everyone's face in it and demonstrate that he think's he's better than everyone else. From the way he's talking, I'd say the alcohol is catching up with him too.

• Like 2

There ya go. We're getting the idea now. Lance will do anything for self promotion. He's a flawed person who needs attention. He does good work one day and then shit like this the next. 

2 hours ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

The latest may look like his mum, but it's how she looked when he was a toddler.

I read the original post so differently 

7 hours ago, Bored@work said:

I read the original post so differently 

:lol: :lol: 

i thought so, but thought I’d leave you with it. 

4 minutes ago, roxii said:

:lol: :lol: 

i thought so, but thought I’d leave you with it. 

Sorry I'm a vegan now. I was too busy thinking of ways I could save the planet & what costume I would wear to my silent protest in the mall this weekend. 

#vegan 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

what costume I would wear to my silent protest in the mall this weekend. 

#vegan 

I call bullshit. Wherever vegans go there yelling and screaming about it :lol: just ask the one I just started work with... Has already complained twice because he can "smell death" when I eat my lunch

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, willie said:

I call bullshit. Wherever vegans go there yelling and screaming about it :lol:just ask the one I just started work with... Has already complained twice because he can "smell death" when I eat my lunch

Aren't you the boss?

Guy mustn't want to keep his job that much.

39 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Aren't you the boss?

Guy mustn't want to keep his job that much.

Or he’s the perfect employee because he has the balls to stand up for what he believes in?  

Odds are he’s just a screaming vegan knob

1 hour ago, willie said:

I call bullshit. Wherever vegans go there yelling and screaming about it :lol: just ask the one I just started work with... Has already complained twice because he can "smell death" when I eat my lunch

You got to feel for him though, death smells really, really good 😋

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, The Customer said:

I'd have to agree with you Roxette. The guy has no humility and is a classic sociopath. Every part of that video was another opportunity for rub everyone's face in it and demonstrate that he think's he's better than everyone else. From the way he's talking, I'd say the alcohol is catching up with him too.

See... you have missed the point. He is better than everyone else. I might stay with him when I am skiing in Aspen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

No I've now decided he's a legend.  The first thing he mentioned you can do in Aspen is fly-fishing 😁

Ha! Yeah, but I thought the pool room and 5 fridges throughout the house would have swayed more people to join you. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Peter said:

2 fridges in the kitchen.  That’s weird 

Have you seen how much 5 kids eat 🤔

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Doesn’t have motoman anymore so stores his own. 

11 minutes ago, roxii said:

Doesn’t have motoman anymore so stores his own. 

That's down in the workshop fridge.

5 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

No I've now decided he's a legend.  The first thing he mentioned you can do in Aspen is fly-fishing 😁

You do realise that the fly part of fly fishing for him probably has to do with a helicopter!

• Haha 1

On 12/02/2019 at 7:46 PM, Peter said:

Not if you have a big kitchen.

Benevolent employer too. He got moto man a job in Melbourne, working with this sporting team who are based near the airport. I Hird he was a bit of a Weapon for the team, Lol. 

6 hours ago, Greyman said:

Benevolent employer too. He got moto man a job in Melbourne, working with this sporting team who are based near the airport. I Hird he was a bit of a Weapon for the team, Lol. 

Stop skipping around what you are trying to say and get to the point would you Greyman.  Quick jabs are good ones

Reports around now that Lance earned more on this year's tour than the winner, with an estimated $1M US from his podcast.

27 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Reports around now that Lance earned more on this year's tour than the winner, with an estimated $1M US from his podcast.

I'll admit, if I could try and amp human stuff I would but its so expensive to get posted here

On 03/06/2019 at 6:27 PM, Ex-Hasbeen said:

A few interesting moments. In particular the first line of questions around "What if your kid....."

http://www.steephill.tv/players/720/nbcsports4/?title=Lance+Armstrong:+Next+Stage+(Full+Interview)&dashboard=&id=EUKP7OeN1Ae4&yr=2019

How can he tell a kid to not take PED's when he has made SO MUCH MONEY from it.  He has got so many opportunities. Met people most can only dream of meeting. See places that so many will never see.

&

7 Tour de France Titles.

Edited by Peter

16 minutes ago, Peter said:

How can he tell a kid to not take PED's when he has made SO MUCH MONEY from it.  He has got so many opportunities. Met people most can only dream of meeting. See places that so many will never see.

&

7 Tour de France Titles.

He's probably been asked this, but would he do things differently if he could? Undoubtedly the PEDS contributed to his cancer, brought about his fall from grace and have left a permanent blemish on the sport. He's a pariah in some cycling circles and will permanently be etched in people's minds as the symbol of doping....

But that doping gave him enormous success, fame, wealth and respect. Out of that came his foundation which has raised over $500 million for cancer research. He still now is in demand as a public speaker, commentator and charities even pay him to do charity rides.

Mehhh and the Wolf of Wall street also made millions (and continues to) from being an absolute scumbag. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I honestly couldn't live with myself...shit I still have guilt ridden moments about stuff I said or did to others in high school...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, more said:

Mehhh and the Wolf of Wall street also made millions (and continues to) from being an absolute scumbag. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I honestly couldn't live with myself...shit I still have guilt ridden moments about stuff I said or did to others in high school...

I consider people that drink long blacks to be doping.  Is this you?

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

I consider people that drink long blacks to be doping.  Is this you?

Skinny flat white FTW.

I did try long blacks whilst doing keto once upon a time however...with some of that butter and MCT oil in it..wtf was I thinking...

1 hour ago, more said:

...shit I still have guilt ridden moments about stuff I said or did to others in high school...

haha same. I said something about a girl I liked that got misconstrued, she got really upset when she heard it, I moved to Australia shortly after and never got the chance to apologise and explain myself. I tried to find her on FB, she's probably forgotten all about it and probably has no clue who I am!

1 hour ago, more said:

Yep, I'm now at the stage where I don't pay attention to him.  Yes I listened to his podcast at first (and hated myself for it) but it soon became less about cycling and more about Lance and any insight or wit was shallow and very repetitive. It pissed me off that he didnt really know or care about the parts of cycling that didn't directly involve him. 

He is the ultimate narcissist, and no doubt a complete arsehole. 

3 minutes ago, roxii said:

It pissed me off that he didnt really know or care about the parts of cycling that didn't directly involve him. 

Lance or the Ass Puppet? 

2 minutes ago, roxii said:

There's some interesting articles online about LA, Pyschs dusciussing whether he's a narcissist, psychopath, sociopath etc bit scary when they list all the traits of a sociopath and he ticks all the boxes....