roxii

Husky not 100% confirmed?

Just echoing @prizna and @monkie, not to mention the others I've been able to introduce to the race or bring along for a weekend away.

8 hours ago, Bosco said:

Tough in what way? I am in, just never ridden down that way though.

It'll just be a ride that will feel slow and sluggish because of road condition on those roads and it'll be deceptive in the amount of elevation you gain through the hills. No major climbs or anything just a slog.....3 times

Had a chat to Emo today. Said been a bit painful but all good

On 09/02/2019 at 8:11 AM, Limited said:

Boring. Not much to see and the worst roads in the area

For those new to Husky, tape down anything on your bike that is not attached by screws, by the way check all of your screws too make sure everything is nice and tight. Unless you want to lose your nutrition! (I've seen many a bottle along Woolamia Road).

Maybe also tape down your teeth - they might rattle out! 😲

Also, why is there a difference in the bike course for the mens and womens sprint distance?

41 minutes ago, MissJess said:

Also, why is there a difference in the bike course for the mens and womens sprint distance

Last year the men’s transition was set up on the road and we had to ride around the block as you exit transition near the caravan park. Looks like this year the ladies get the privilege of a tarmac transition 

On 05/02/2019 at 12:42 PM, willie said:

There was no rumour. I know some stuff ;)

And one week later you're proven to be full of shit

48 minutes ago, prizna said:

And one week later you're proven to be full of shit

So can you tell me why it wasn't approved? 

Not sure why you've got a bee in your bonnet... 

For those new to Husky, tape down anything on your bike that is not attached by screws, by the way check all of your screws too make sure everything is nice and tight. Unless you want to lose your nutrition! (I've seen many a bottle along Woolamia Road).

Maybe also tape down your teeth - they might rattle out! 😲

HOTW is a bit like that as well - I had a screw come loose in my aero bars causing one to swivel around and not be able to be used - at Port I carry a set of small allen keys but I didn't at Gundi - when I got home I fixed it in five minutes but at Gundi I had the distraction of holding it in place and not going aero for 40km - so worth considering taping a small set of keys to someplace on the bike if the roads are rough 😏

42 minutes ago, AP said:

HOTW is a bit like that as well - I had a screw come loose in my aero bars causing one to swivel around and not be able to be used - at Port I carry a set of small allen keys but I didn't at Gundi - when I got home I fixed it in five minutes but at Gundi I had the distraction of holding it in place and not going aero for 40km - so worth considering taping a small set of keys to someplace on the bike if the roads are rough 😏

I always have a small multitool in my spares oich, along with spare tube, patches, tyre levers, co2 and co2 head. Do you carry the other spares Al or take the chance? 

Just for everyone's FYI....

Big Husky IS 100% CONFIRMED with course approval and DA in hand. Although this year has been more challenging than others in the lead up we are excited at the new course.

For those neigh sayers about the bike course I challenge your comments about the road surface. Huskisson Road on the return in particular is bloody fast. if I can reach speeds of 70kph weighing in at 58kg wringing wet then there will be some others on here that should be able to get some fierce speed :P

So hopefully this puts all your concerns to rest, the EE team have done a great job and worked tirelessly to make sure what I believe is one Australia's best triathlon festivals go ahead (albeit biased). 

See you in Husky in 9 more sleeps.

Seb

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1