Sign in to follow this  
KieranR

I need new cranks

Hi

I need new cranks, my polygon has these cranks below that came on it as standard, can anyone recommend a replacement, this is due to the flats pedals i have on them having become stuck and cannot be removed, The bike shop cant even get them off, nor can I after heating them up and having a pipe extender on the hex key, for whatever reason they have became incredibly tight, Im going back to my SPD pedals.  I know nothing about these cranks and what would be a suitable replacement

Prowheel Charm-32T-TT-B 32T BOOST 2-piece-crank

Kieran

what length are you after?

are you sure you are trying to release them the right way (reverse thread)? - i have found a peddle spanner is more effective than hex key

Is it a 1 by or 2 by set-up, (if 2 by, may be almost as cheap to do the scram eagle upgrade)

tip when you get new cranks, always put silicon lube on thread when changing peddles, as peddles auto tighten

or by a new bike, so you have one for each peddle type😀

7 minutes ago, rory-dognz said:

Kieran

what length are you after?

are you sure you are trying to release them the right way (reverse thread)? - i have found a peddle spanner is more effective than hex key

Is it a 1 by or 2 by set-up, (if 2 by, may be almost as cheap to do the scram eagle upgrade)

tip when you get new cranks, always put silicon lube on thread when changing peddles, as peddles auto tighten

or by a new bike, so you have one for each peddle type😀

Hey mate

Yep, doing them the right way, ive checked and re checked that, as i can be quite dumb...bike shop also confirmed.  Pedal spanner not an option here, only hex key.

Its 1x

Length im not sure, but my roadie and race bikes are 162.5mm

Any suggestions?

no not dumb, just i've been there and seen bike shop go there. its the default

cranks look like 175mm or longer (175 standard on mtb)

before you by new crank, check you can disassemble and remove, cos if peddles not coming of, not sure what else could have seized.

try something like mtb market place on your wife's FB account and bound to be lots of people upgrade from 11 speed

12 minutes ago, rory-dognz said:

no not dumb, just i've been there and seen bike shop go there. its the default

cranks look like 175mm or longer (175 standard on mtb)

before you by new crank, check you can disassemble and remove, cos if peddles not coming of, not sure what else could have seized.

try something like mtb market place on your wife's FB account and bound to be lots of people upgrade from 11 speed

yep can dis assemble everything else.

I wouldn't know her FB details 

Ill get on and have a look at MTB place.  What do i need to ask though

Angle grinder/Oxy cutter pedals off and drill the remainder out. If it doesn’t work, nothing lost but at least it will be fun! 

• Like 2