Steno

Crank power meters - what now days?

1 hour ago, Naut said:

I am lazy and can't be bothered researching. Do pedal power meters have strain gauges in them or do they have another way of measuring power (or calculating or estimating)?

Yep. They're direct force measurement.

• Thanks 1

And just got an email from SRM

The SRM Pedals have been out for a while now and after some initial issues they are now very easy to use and reliable.
What we discovered was the install process was not optimal but we have it down path now.

20% of RRP for those two pairs.

The only path I'd throw those down would be towards the bin. They're way way wwwwaaayyy overpriced. The install process requires standing on one leg, singing the national anthem (from Germany), and sprinkling them with fairy dust and wishing on a star they work. 

In my experience Quarq are great and they're improving the design/usability all the time. 

I measured the accuracy of my newer unit on the weekend: 1.04% (i.e. deviation of actual torque from expected torque). Even my older ones are sitting at 3%. 

9 minutes ago, gplama said:

The only path I'd throw those down would be towards the bin. They're way way wwwwaaayyy overpriced. The install process requires standing on one leg, singing the national anthem (from Germany), and sprinkling them with fairy dust and wishing on a star they work. 

Where can we buy fairy dust GP? 

40 minutes ago, willie said:

Where can we buy fairy dust GP? 

The Dark Web 😂

1 hour ago, truck said:

And just got an email from SRM

The SRM Pedals have been out for a while now and after some initial issues they are now very easy to use and reliable.
What we discovered was the install process was not optimal but we have it down path now.

20% of RRP for those two pairs.

Probably the two sets I returned 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bored@work said:

Probably the two sets I returned 

😂😂. I’ve got SRM cranks and they’ve been bullet proof over the 7-8yrs I’ve had them. 

22 minutes ago, truck said:

😂😂. I’ve got SRM cranks and they’ve been bullet proof over the 7-8yrs I’ve had them. 

Yep their cranks stuff is awesome & one of the reasons why I picked SRM for the pedal based system.