Sign in to follow this  
Gundy

Hell of the West 2019

Who has entered HOTW this year?

I'm doing the swim and bike in a team after training was disrupted by a fall off my bike in December. I can report that, like all of Australia, conditions are currently toasty but at least the zero chance of rainfall means that it's a dry heat as I find that humidity is a killer. I swam in the river on Thursday morning and the water temp and quality are both beautiful. 

Was discussing entry numbers this morning with the President/Race Referee and they're down a touch so would love to see another 20 (is another 50 too many to hope for?) entrants. Hit me up if you're thinking of doing the race but have been hesitating for some reason. We can get most things (including accommodation) sorted.

I believe that @hey_burgs has entered so I'm hoping to finish my ride in time to see him finish his run 😀

• Thanks 1

We are in -- looking forward to it. This will be my 4th HOTW - have missed it for the last 2 years

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone is hanging around on Sunday afternoon you will find me in the front bar of the Royal Hotel where I will be shouting beers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gundy said:

Who has entered HOTW this year?

I'm doing the swim and bike in a team after training was disrupted by a fall off my bike in December. I can report that, like all of Australia, conditions are currently toasty but at least the zero chance of rainfall means that it's a dry heat as I find that humidity is a killer. I swam in the river on Thursday morning and the water temp and quality are both beautiful. 

Was discussing entry numbers this morning with the President/Race Referee and they're down a touch so would love to see another 20 (is another 50 too many to hope for?) entrants. Hit me up if you're thinking of doing the race but have been hesitating for some reason. We can get most things (including accommodation) sorted.

I believe that @hey_burgs has entered so I'm hoping to finish my ride in time to see him finish his run 😀

Race enteries will stay open until 2nd Feb so have time to sort some accom got a great field but another 50 and we will have the place rocking . Perfect prep race for IMNZ . Get HOTW done well you are ready for IM . 

I'll be there 26th year in a row - my daughter and I will be entering later today 😎