Sign in to follow this  
Peter

Queensland scares me

It was only a bloody carpet snake. What's to be scared of?

Our local FB group has 3 x Snake catchers regularly advertising due to the number of browns out and about this year. Every 2nd post is a "What snake is this" post.

Carpet Python is the least of our problems.

I'd be more concerned about the morons who think that road rules don't apply to them.  They're worse than the crocs, sharks, deadly snakes,  jellyfish, blue ringed octopus', sting rays, stone fish, suicidal emus and roos,  casawaries, magpies, cane toads and politicans.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

Carpet Python is the least of our problems.

I'd be more concerned about the morons who think that road rules don't apply to them.  They're worse than the crocs, sharks, deadly snakes,  jellyfish, blue ringed octopus', sting rays, stone fish, suicidal emus and roos,  casawaries, magpies, cane toads and politicans.

My thoughts exactly....but then I drove around Hobart last week.  I think Taswegians are strong challengers to Qlders as the most unpredictable drivers on our roads.

And damn brake shops in Tassy must make a killing, cos these muppets are always jamming them on at the most unwarranted times.  Taswegians will slow to 60 in a 100 zone on the slightest bend?  And are masters of wandering across the centre-line on narrow country roads.

Cry me a river. It's the hottest day in history in Sa today. I'm sitting in an air-cond office & it's still fkn hot.

18 hours ago, -- AJ -- said:

Plenty of crew from  Queensland in Adelaide last week for the TDU. Every bunch I spoke to mentioned how awesome the riding in SA was and how accomodating the drivers are.

28 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

Cry me a river. It's the hottest day in history in Sa today. I'm sitting in an air-cond office & it's still fkn hot.

Then under 30 for the weekend. I don't think we've had under 30 since before Xmas. 

54 minutes ago, Ex-Hasbeen said:

Then under 30 for the weekend. I don't think we've had under 30 since before Xmas. 

Nice. I can't wait.

My friend moved to Brisbane just before Christmas & he said it's so easy getting up to train before work (sunlight, warm & no cars on the road)

Or this.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/child-bitten-by-goanna-at-seq-campground-20190124-p50tgj.html?fbclid=IwAR1pZ6NWLZnDlgaawmYwTVTLCaM-GQbKZJ_gbHpkbI7uiHpvdKht7P6Ls8k

My son was bitten on the hand by a large goanna when he was 2. I have never seen so much blood come from such small wounds. A scary trip down from Mt Glorious to the hospital, then a few hours in the hospital for some morphine & sutures. A 2 year old on morphine is an interesting site.