Sign in to follow this  
goughy

TomicGate

Can't believe we're not talking this!  Maybe we just all over it.  Had to reach this point eventually.

I think we are at the point of being more willing to call Neil Prakash an Aussie ahead of either Tomic or Kyrios

• Haha 1

It must tell the public and hopefully both of those tools as to why we 6 others ranked lower than them that won their first rounds, with each of them humble and gracious and who have endeared themselves to the crowd. We don't need to see either them anymore

I was always taught that if you ignore something for long enough, it goes away!

Tomic has been a tool for years, Kyrgios a brat and Kokkinakis seems to have been roped into these two by association!

It would be a good start if the media gave someone deserving - maybe Toby Price - more media coverage on his achievements and just started to ignore the little boys temper tantrums

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hewitt is a wanker. 

Why he even responded is beyond me. 

Tennis Australia must be pissed he reacted.  

I agree, should have kept his mouth shut.  But I guess everyone has a limit, And considering how fiery he used to be in his younger days, his limit might be shorter than others.  Still think Tomic is a wank and I wouldn't be picking him to play for us either.

Hewitt has already sued 2 of his "mates" for lesser things, he would be suing Tomic if there wasn't some truth in it IMO  

42 minutes ago, Mike Del said:

Hewitt has already sued 2 of his "mates" for lesser things, he would be suing Tomic if there wasn't some truth in it IMO  

Sounds like we should just defund Australian men's tennis. Or let the kiwis claim them!

8 hours ago, Mike Del said:

Yep. 100% agree. 

On 18/01/2019 at 8:19 PM, Cottoneyes said:

It would be a good start if the media gave someone deserving - maybe Toby Price - more media coverage on his achievements and just started to ignore the little boys temper tantrums

Yep, agreed. Toby is as hard as a coffin nail and not a prima donna. Hardly rated a mention in Australian media, but big news over here.

8 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Yep, agreed. Toby is as hard as a coffin nail and not a prima donna. Hardly rated a mention in Australian media, but big news over here.

I've followed Toby's career for a long time, He's an absolute animal on a bike, actually he's an animal on anything with a motor in it.  he's come back time and time again after some horrific injuries.  Deserves more accolades than he gets, He's won the Dakar twice now and barely gets a mention outside of the Motorsport world.

Was this the guy who just won the Dakar with a broken wrist?  The Project had an interview with him the other night, while he was sinking beers instead of getting his wrist fixed.

They termed riding a bike with a broken wrist a wristy.

51 minutes ago, goughy said:

Was this the guy who just won the Dakar with a broken wrist?  The Project had an interview with him the other night, while he was stunning beers instead of getting his wrist fixed.

They termed riding a bike with a broken wrist a wristy.

Yes thats him. 

Lazy eye to go with lazy attitude??

• Like 1

I only saw the add where she was going on about people not liking him. Since when was his job to be likeable? His job is to play tennis and he is self employed so only answerable to himself (and his sponsers)

I always find these types of media stories funny though-watch their attitude change towards him if he won a few grandstand slams.

All of a sudden his temperament would be 'complex', outbursts 'exciting' and any dodgy behaviour would become 'larikan'

Everyone loves a winner....

My attitude towards him would change if it looked like he actually gave a crap and put some effort in. He is obviously talented and it is a shame to see it going to waste.

But there are plenty of talented people in the world just going through the daily motions.  It's just that his motions are a bit in the public eye.  I don't have a problem with it as such, cept there is still this expectation from them to be given support etc.  

1 hour ago, AA7 said:

My attitude towards him would change if it looked like he actually gave a crap and put some effort in. He is obviously talented and it is a shame to see it going to waste.

No doubt its a shame and a waste but at the end of the day the only person he is hurting is himself. He isn't representing Australia, he is just a bloke doing a job...who happens to be from Australia. 

If he was in the green and gold though yeah different story.

But yeah either way he is still a flog..

Edited by more

On 19/01/2019 at 10:47 PM, Mike Del said:

I reckon that there is a fair bit of truth in what Tomic is saying. 

He was quite forthright in that he threatened Hewitt and for good reason I suspect. For those who don’t remember the feud has been going for about 10 years. Back then it was Hewitt complaining the Tomic wouldn’t train with him etc. And that was disrespect. Now we know where it’s all come from. 

Bernie will rise in the rankings and in years to come others will back Bernies claim of events. Id been keen to find out who they are. 

Anyway..... this is all very refreshing! 

4 hours ago, more said:

I only saw the add where she was going on about people not liking him. Since when was his job to be likeable? His job is to play tennis and he is self employed so only answerable to himself (and his sponsers)

I always find these types of media stories funny though-watch their attitude change towards him if he won a few grandstand slams.

All of a sudden his temperament would be 'complex', outbursts 'exciting' and any dodgy behaviour would become 'larikan'

Everyone loves a winner....

nah.  he is a complete wanker, who doesn't walk the talk. 

Wasn’t there a time when all this sort of talk was about a young brat named Hewitt. 

He may have been a brat, especially in his early days, but he had heart, he never said die.  And I don't think he had the talent and ability of either Tomic or Kyrgios, yet he reached no.1 and held it!  Imagine Kyrgios with even half the fight of hewitt?  There is a big difference between Hewitt and these two.

1 hour ago, roxii said:

Wasn’t there a time when all this sort of talk was about a young brat named Hewitt. 

yeah but Hewitt was starting to win tournaments and didn't do press conferences like a knob nor had his father beat up his training partner, nor pranced around in a yellow mustang nor said he didn't care about tennis........etc.and I never saw Hewitt not give 100 % in every match.  

Yeah sure, but people can change, they can mature, they can rediscover the love for the game etc. 

Or maybe they just don’t give s crap. 

Like footy players I think a lot of their attitude problems are due to they way they are brought up through the systems being pandered to and cindtsnytly told how good they are. in tennis I thing it’s exacerbated by too much money early on giving them the opportunity to cash out early.

Tomic's had a long time to mature.  He doesn't seem any closer.  Hewitt had matured by this stage.

Yeah ok I give up making excuses. 

I think he’s a knob too! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tomic is a lost cause for mine, he hasn't looked like changing for many years now and blaming others is just maksing the fact that he isn't getting it done personally.

I think Kyrios is the real talent, he needs a solid coach, mentor etc to give him the structure/framework to plan and execute a year of tennis.  He is incredibly talented (which we all know) and could easily peel of Grand Slams if he reached and maintained his potential.

For me, its just sad to see both these guys doing everything BUT play consistent tennis.