Limited

Gold Coast theme parks

The time has come to take the kids to the theme parks on the gold coast. Will go either next school holidays or the October ones. Looking for any suggestions or tips. 

Dreamworld or Movie world multi pass?

Kids are aged 3, 8 and 10, all boys

• Like 1

My personal opinion is Dreamworld/white water world will cover more bases.  We haven't been there for a bit over a year, but they seemed to be letting people use both parties for the same price, so worth checking if that's still the case.  But we were able to roam between the two.  But at least the two parks are connected and at the same venue.  SeaWorld is a long ways from movie world and wet and wild.  The last time our combined families were there we had kids aged 4, 10, 12 and 15 and the was plenty for all of them.  

• Thanks 1

I agree with Goughy. Dreamworld is better than Movieworld. We haven't been for a couple years now, but used to alternate 12 months passes between the 2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can also go to their websites and check out the rides and features they have.  You could create a spreadsheet with all the rides, features, pro's and cons of each, and work out our from there!

Quick note, you don't need a Dreamworld pass to go to the Lego shop there.  You can enter that from the outside.

8 minutes ago, goughy said:

You can also go to their websites and check out the rides and features they have.  You could create a spreadsheet with all the rides, features, pro's and cons of each, and work out our from there!

Quick note, you don't need a Dreamworld pass to go to the Lego shop there.  You can enter that from the outside.

Yeah I've had a look at the websites and started looking at minimum heights for all the rides.  Based of what you and Ex have said  Dreamworld looks to be winning. Think I'll try and avoid the lego shop, only so much lego 1 house needs.

• Like 1

I thought movieworld would have more for the little dude who can't do the rides yet. There's the parades, photos with characters, and a whole little kid section (take swimmers for them.  There's a mini mini water play area).

Isn't dreamworld mostly rides and not much else? I thunk there's only about 3 rides for littleies.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Cranky said:

Isn't dreamworld mostly rides and not much else? I thunk there's only about 3 rides for littleies.

There's the Tigers and other animals, and a whole section for the little folk. I think it's ABC World or something like that.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Cranky said:

I thought movieworld would have more for the little dude who can't do the rides yet. There's the parades, photos with characters, and a whole little kid section (take swimmers for them.  There's a mini mini water play area).

Miss 6 loves shows and much preferred movie world that dream world late last year. 

Then again boys are different. Good luck. 

• Like 1