flathead

Kurnell Sprint this weekend - entry on the day

Does anyone know how to work out if the Kurnell Sprint this Saturday has any entries available on the day? Online entries have closed and on the day entry is available but I don't want to turn up at 5:30am after a 1 hour drive to find out the event is full.

Seems there is no love for the Kurnell Tri anymore, so I may take a punt and turn up.

Either ring Emo or call the office or email them. They're pretty ace at responding.

42 minutes ago, monkie said:

Either ring Emo or call the office or email them. They're pretty ace at responding.

Second this. Also real quick replying on Facebook if you're that way inclined.

I called the office. Elite Energy folks most helpful. Now I get to find out what 3 weeks of holidays with no swimming or riding does to slow me down.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, flathead said:

I called the office. Elite Energy folks most helpful. Now I get to find out what 3 weeks of holidays with no swimming or riding does to slow me down.

I have the same tomorrow up at the regatta centre... it's gonna be interesting!

wow, perfect day and if I read the results right 317 individuals finished, very low numbers compared to days of yesteryear.  Old coach@ gave it a fair crack, got top 10 and in his 50's and pineapples daughter got top 20.  

how did you go flathead?

Yeah low numbers, but getting pretty pricey for a sprint, been comparing prices with both Qld and Vic races and they are much cheaper and Hills race on today as well, good to see the old fella getting a top 10 and my daughter had a solid day day with second female and a top 20 . Was a good race and conditions, certainly not the super fast race of old, but nice to see a bit of a harder race and a time of sterile flat cources

7 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

Yeah low numbers, but getting pretty pricey for a sprint, been comparing prices with both Qld and Vic races and they are much cheaper and Hills race on today as well, good to see the old fella getting a top 10 and my daughter had a solid day day with second female and a top 20 . Was a good race and conditions, certainly not the super fast race of old, but nice to see a bit of a harder race and a time of sterile flat cources

Yeah, that little hill really hurts towards the end!

$95 for a branded sprint in Melbourne 

$25 for our club sprint. 

Whats the cost in Sydney?

Kurnell was $135, Nowra  enter by Sept $95 but upto $154, Olympic starts at $185 in Sept to $224, I heard a lot of rumblings at Kurnell about the price for the race and also a lot of coments about Nowra and the other events, seems to have been a decent price jump this season

They're all run by EE so assuming their operating costs have gone up substantially or they're seeing what people are willing to pay before leaving the triathlon market? 

I can't say I blame them... Triathlon is a hard market to be in now and the margins are pretty slim. There's bigger and easier events to run and I see they're starting to focus on them. 

5 hours ago, Peter said:

$95 for a branded sprint in Melbourne 

$25 for our club sprint. 

Whats the cost in Sydney?

$45 for Hills sprint I think you are a club member, mine was $65 including day licence.

• Like 1

Wow I’m shocked triathlons are that expensive in Sydney.  

This is for the next Elwood race. Which is a city race. 

A2F05FDC-3817-4760-9BC3-05FDF6026FF4.jpeg

Kurnell sprint was  a bit expensive....

$155 for on the day entry plus $10 for day license. Around $2 a minute for the pleasure of competing.

Having said that, I really enjoyed myself. I am lucky to enter more that 2 races a year so happy to pay the price. To be in the same race as the legendary Mick Maroney makes it even better.

I raced in November but gave this one a miss.  It's always a great day out down there though

Having said that, I really dislike what they've done to the bike course.  I know NIMBYism is rife in Kurnell but it's a real shame that we don't get the full run out to Greenhills and back anymore, it used to be a lot of fun

On 13/01/2019 at 10:47 PM, flathead said:

Kurnell sprint was  a bit expensive....

$155 for on the day entry plus $10 for day license. Around $2 a minute for the pleasure of competing

yeah, i quit doing nowra when it hit $125

12 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I raced in November but gave this one a miss.  It's always a great day out down there though

Having said that, I really dislike what they've done to the bike course.  I know NIMBYism is rife in Kurnell but it's a real shame that we don't get the full run out to Greenhills and back anymore, it used to be a lot of fun

should do nowra, bit like kurnell was when it went out to greenhills, very flat ride. its on in four days. $154 if you enter by end of week or $175 on the day.

Edited by Oompa Loompa