Cape_Horn

Tribar Suggestions

So with 10 mins left of my trainer session tonight, one of the bolts holding my right armpad sheared off.

This seems to leave me with a few options.

Option 1 - New bike time (except I don't have the cash for that)

Option 2. Hope I can get a screw remover and remove the old screw that is stuck in the bar, then try and source a new screw (or 4, because if one has gone, then the others might also be in bad shape)

Option 3. New tribar setup - Current set is the 3T Aura Pro's, I have quite liked them,  currently on the third set of elbow pads (8+ years old, and most of the screws are covered in rust) - What do people think, stay with what I know, assuming option2 doesn't pan out, or should I be moving to something 'faster' - And what would that be?

not sure but i have the same bar and curious to know where you got spare arm pads from?

FP, they are nice and comfy. I might check my arm pad screws, they are looking a little brown. 

• Like 1

@FatPom Found the official 3T spare parts site as well - https://www.3t.bike/en/63-spare-parts

The issue with the ceegees are they are so tall (and comfy) that they will impact your fit.

I have been chatting with 3T, and they have pointed me in the direction of the correct replacement part (specifically, that I should get the upgraded part, so it shouldn't happen again)

35 minutes ago, Cape_Horn said:

I have been chatting with 3T, and they have pointed me in the direction of the correct replacement part (specifically, that I should get the upgraded part, so it shouldn't happen again)

They know this happens but have fixed it with an upgraded part... Does that not annoy you just a little bit? 

They’re basically saying, yeah, we got it wrong but spend more money on our stuff and we’ll correct our faulty product for you.

40 minutes ago, Cape_Horn said:

@FatPom Found the official 3T spare parts site as well - https://www.3t.bike/en/63-spare-parts

The issue with the ceegees are they are so tall (and comfy) that they will impact your fit.

Cheers mate

9 hours ago, willie said:

They know this happens but have fixed it with an upgraded part... Does that not annoy you just a little bit? 

They’re basically saying, yeah, we got it wrong but spend more money on our stuff and we’ll correct our faulty product for you.

Gets worse, this same piece was still on the bar in the v2 model, which went onto the p3's in 2012, which in turn had a recall for this part (that replaced it which the piece I am getting), but ONLY for the Cervelo's, not for those who bought it in the previous form.

So there is a little annoyance, as I think I did query them back six years ago with a response of 'this recall only affects the Cervelo version'

If I wasn't knackered from dealing with a sick wife and work and training, I might have more energy to care, but at the moment, I just need the bike back on the road,  34 days until Geelong half.

There is another benefit, due to design, this will require a recabling of the gears when it gets fixed, the bike is currently 10sp, but I have had a red11 RD sitting on the bench for two months, so I am picking up a shifter set and will do the upgrade to 11sp this week as well. Silver linings etc.