Sign in to follow this  
vo2max

X-LAB Biddon cage

Looking for ideas for aero bidden cages.  Considering the X-lab behind the seat option.  Are these user friendly or are their better options?

Just for one bottle, I've found them easy to use and set up.  I use the rear carrier designed for ism saddles (from xlab) and it's set up so even a 750mm bottle is barely if at all higher than my seat.  My mate has some other brand thing and struggles to get his leg over.

• Like 1

2 bottle is easy to use also. You need bottle carriers that hold the bottle up high with a good lip that holds onto the bottle dent so they dont eject on big bumps. 

Xlab gorilla cages.

• Like 1

I have a single and find it tops. During training it’s a good spot for your spares bottle with tubes etc.

then when I race IM I have a system where I have the between the elbows holder and xlab bottle. I calculate my nutrition and have half in front and half in a bottle at the back. So I know I have finish front by halfway, then refill and drink other half by end of the bike. I use the normal holders for water and ant Gatorade on course if I feel like it. Works well I find.