Jump to content
Paul Every

Turquoise Coast Tri (Jurien Bay, WA)

Recommended Posts

Has anyone done this race? If so, what's it like? Any advice or tips?

I'm just coming back from injury and it sparked my interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did the first one, must have been a couple of years back.  The RD is a fairly laid back sort of chap and all of his races have elements that reflect this, though this may have changed a little since he has taken on some state title events with the collapse of TriEvents last year.

The course was good.  Roads are a little coarse in parts but fairly good condition and both the bike and run are fairly exposed to the sun and wind but I thoroughly enjoyed the race.  You don't have to stay in Jurien though, the nearby towns of Cervantes, Green Head and Leeman all have good accommodation (caravan/camping and private rentals) and for my money are better for a mini holiday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Stikman.

I had a vague recollection of one company collapsing. That's a reason why I thought I'd ask about this race.

I'll probably head up on the Friday after work and pitch a tent at Sandy Cape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

never done that race but being on the west coast:

*draftfest 

*no swim 

*people cutting the course 

*fly's 

*$8 coffees 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

never done that race but being on the west coast:

*draftfest 

*no swim 

*people cutting the course 

*fly's 

*$8 coffees 

 

 

And ****ing whining.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Paul

As Stickman says the RD is a little laid back in his operation procedures......Nothing wrong with his races just a different take on things.

Why don't you do his Australia Day Point Walter Race first to see how it is before going to Jurien.

Also Jurien Bay was once a place the windsurfers used to set speed records at so I gives you an idea what can happen with the wind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/01/2019 at 1:54 PM, Paul Every said:

Has anyone done this race? If so, what's it like? Any advice or tips?

I'm just coming back from injury and it sparked my interest.

Stunning swim. I was just up there windsurfing. That section of coast is probably the windiest location in WA. Wind was hitting 65 km/hr+ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2019 at 2:35 PM, Triatx said:

Hey Paul

As Stickman says the RD is a little laid back in his operation procedures......Nothing wrong with his races just a different take on things.

Why don't you do his Australia Day Point Walter Race first to see how it is before going to Jurien.

Also Jurien Bay was once a place the windsurfers used to set speed records at so I gives you an idea what can happen with the wind.

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't mind laid back. Nor do I mind racing in unfavourable conditions. A windy course just means a choppy swim and a tougher cycle.

I might check out the Aust Day race. Not overly fond of crowded sprints on loop courses, but I need some racing.

I was actually down at Point Walter this morning running the MAWA 10km. Conveniently close to home.

Edited by Paul Every

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×