Bored@work

Garmin Index Smart Scale

Does anyone use the Garmin Index Smart Scales?

Reviews/thoughts. 

I'm interested in seeing the water retention feature. 

What's the water retention feature?  We have one.  Seems to work fine.  Though keeps indicating that I'm fat, don't know what's with that???

I think like our last scales (Tanita) it does tell you your body water percentage, muscle mass, bone mass etc.

Whether you’re an athlete in training or just trying to maintain a healthy weight, Garmin Index smart scale provides the metrics you need to track progress and see results. It measures weight (lbs, kg, st), body mass index (BMI), body fat/water percentage, bone mass and skeletal muscle mass.

I don't drink enough water & often fall back into bad habits of drinking coffee and not enough water. I thought these scales would be a good way of tracking my water intake esp since it links direct to training peaks & garmin connect

42 minutes ago, Bored@work said:

I thought these scales would be a good way of tracking my water intake

Start the day with a full water bottle - monitor it through the day :P

Don't know if the water figure out gives would help with that.  Tells me my body water percentage is 56.4%. but don't know if the daily changes would really tell you you're drinking enough water or not.  If think Tribune's idea is more accurate, and find a way to record it to be accountable.